Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

Can anyone confirm how much of area around Central lad Prao is flooded and how deep?

Is Chatuchak/MoChit flooded? there is some warning.

I live Vipavadee 16 which is almost at Sutthisan--opposite Thai Rath. I am out of town but need to get home. If I can.

Eddy

it is at the main junction and has not moved along Phahonyothin towards the Market as Chatuchak yet, what I saw this morning on VR in the bus was depths of about ankle to mid way between ankle and knee height closer to the area around Horwang. My office is opposite St Johns so waiting to see what happens

The small khlong between Ladprao 18 and Vipavadee 20 is beginning to overspill. The mooban next to the Khlong will be flooded very shortly.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone confirm how much of area around Central lad Prao is flooded and how deep?

I live Vipavadee 16 which is almost at Sutthisan--opposite Thai Rath. I am out of town but need to get home. If I can.

Eddy

it is at the main junction and has not moved along Phahonyothin towards the Market as Chatuchak yet, what I saw this morning on VR in the bus was depths of about ankle to mid way between ankle and knee height closer to the area around Horwang. My office is opposite St Johns so waiting to see what happens

Are you near sun towers? I had a meeting there today but they've cancelled claiming a flood 'in progress' is approaching.

Am there, they are all preparing to move out, the water is close but stuck on the other side of VR at the moment, it will come this way soon

Eddy

The small khlong between Ladprao 18 and Vipavadee 20 is beginning to overspill. The mooban next to the Khlong will be flooded very shortly.

useful...I live near same klong on Soi Vip 16, at least I think it's the same one only further down.

posted 1135 Thursday.

Phahonyothin Junction with soi 32 (now Sena Nikom Road) is now unusable for sensible drivers, due to the flooding of 32 to a depth of about a meter. Traffic is exiting Soi 30 now, which joins Phaholyothin more or less opposite Major cineplex, to go South. The soi off Soi 32 where Waterford and Sai lom condos are is awash I am told. The flooding of Soi 32 occurred since yesterday midday when it was bone dry. I am in a side road off soi 30 which has a puddle at the entrance bringing the water level in our drains about a foot below the soi surface. The level is increasing in the drain by about 1cm per hour at the moment.

Update 1038 Friday.

The water rose a further 10 inches and now has a few more inches to go to the level of the sub soi, so we are dry.

Soi 30 32(Sana Nikom Rd) are flooded commensurate with there respective heights above sea level. Soi 30 about eight inches in the center of the road Soi 32 probably about 24.

Soi 30 ( obs. point ) is draining at a slow walking pace, which is about the maximum rate for the fall, North to South, in this area. I should think that Major cineplex/ Rachyothin are already taking water and Central Laad Prow intersection also acting as conduits from the North.

My simplistic reasoning is that If is not blocked somewhere downstream of us the level has peaked,

Edited by tgeezer

Anybody that has traveled on Kanchanapisek between Bang Pa In and exit Hua Hin /Thanon Rama 2??

Either way???

Kanchanapisek Rd. West is closed from nonthaburi to Bang Bon. From Bang Bon to Rama 2 is still open.

Not sure about Kanchanapisk East though.

Edited by mdechgan

have just been to have a look around Central area, stayed on the opposite side near Sun Towers, under the flyovers water has started to flow onto the streets and the area where the police box is, (under VR where it rises), I also checked the drains around and those on Phahonyothin heading towards TMB and Chatuchak I noticed the level was quite high and the water was moving quite fast, I then walked down the side of VR on the Sun Towers side and looked into the drains there, the water was not as high and was not moving as fast as it was on Phahonyothin.

Water seems to have crossed Phasi Charoen Canal. That was the last stand before Rama 2 Rd.

Looks like water will reach Rama 2 Rd. by this weekend. Rama 2 Rd. is built up 2 meters so it shouldn't cross.

But if it does Bangkok will have zero access to the West or South of Thailand.

Anybody that has traveled on Kanchanapisek between Bang Pa In and exit Hua Hin /Thanon Rama 2??

Either way???

Kanchanapisek Rd. West is closed from nonthaburi to Bang Bon. From Bang Bon to Rama 2 is still open.

Not sure about Kanchanapisk East though.

thanks, East I have driven to Bangkok already from Bang Pa In, SUV, Pick-u, buses and trucks only for now

From Bangkok seems a more challenging drive, hence my question

Any change at Swampy or Lad Krabang?

Swampy has no issues at all

Lat Krabang, Suwinthawong has 60 cm now regular cars cannot drive

The rest is still dry...included Chao Khun Tahaan

Nor sure about the Uni area though

Just been to Central Lad prao. The water seems to be heading towards Mor Chit. Most of the water is on the side of the road nearest Central. I put a short video on youtube under my usee name ThePetedk.

using my mobile and I don't know how to copy and paste the link.

"Plodprasob believes all district will be inundated whereas BKK governor still confirms not entire BKK to get flooded ~ "

This is increasingly my conclusion as well. The pressure of the water from the North is such that even if barriers stop it somewhat above ground it forces its way through drainage, sewerage & possibly water pipes. If it moves at 1-1.8km a day then by this time next week all of central Bangkok will be inundated.

Re: The likely flooding of Rama II road to Samut Sakhon, and the possibility of Bangkok being cut off from the south.

My reading of the map leads me to the following:

If Rama II remains passable south of the interchange at Bang Khun Thian (nearby Rama II Soi 70), then access to Bangkok will still be possible via the expressways heading east from that point: Suk Sawat-Bank Khun Thian Expressway and then Bang Pli-SukSawat Expressway.

I speculate that flooding across Rama II at points south of the Bang Khun Thian Interchange (nearby Rama II Soi 70) will likely force traffic onto secondary roads, in an effort to access the expressway & bridge at Suk Sawat.

Thus, only when there is severe flooding in areas south of the Suk Sawat-Bank Khun Thian Expressway, such as Tha Kham and Ban Khlong Suan, will Bangkok be cut off to the south.

I should add that I have no personal experience driving through these areas. I'm just looking at Google maps.

Raminthra Soi 23 update as of Noon Thursday.

I came from the east where there was a police barrier and signs preventing cars and small trucks from passing. Raminthra at Soi 23 passable in either direction only by large trucks and boats. The center median was dry yesterday at noon but the wakes of large vehicles almost completely swamped it. The sidewalk was knee deep or a bit higher.

Following Soi 23 the water is mid-thigh for most of the soi's length, with a couple stretches where it is waste deep. Only the very largest commercial trucks were even tried with one exception. One 4WD with a snorkle drove by. I'll bet that snorkel made the drive feel pretty smug; I sure would.

Soi 23 T-bones into Paholyothin 48, where the water is a bit more than knee-deep, and continues so moving east. I live where soi 48 doglegs to the left. knee+ deep.

Overnight the level rose only 2 or 3 cms. I hope the water has almost peaked. The low point of our home is still 30cm above the water, so when they aren't typing these fingers are crossed.

Watcharaphon:

Took a big truck the village has rented, from Tesco Lotus by Ramintra to my village....made another album for it:

Here

Water a bit deeper, but not incredibly so, but still, wouldn't risk my car any more in it.....hoping it goes down soon!

Might not be very interesting for non W. people, but still if you like pics of lots of water then please be my guest.....

many many thanks Tom !! seeing is believing, but I really don't want to see it's happening.

zoom into the details at the door step of the Blue Sky Lotus, the water level is a bit higher than yesterday :-(

So is the water heading up VR road unstoppable? Will it hit JJ/Mo chit before it hits here (Victory monument)?

I'm just wondering how long I can stick it out until the water gets here (if it does)

It should come to Victory Monument via Chatuchak - Sapan Kwai etc. Whether you need to worry will depend on how much is tolerable to the authorities, they may stop it if they can before VM and let it back up to a higher level in Chatuchak etc. or they may just let it flow now that they have bitten the bullet.

I have just seen an evacuation order for Chatuchac on the tape at the top of this page, so maybe they are going to let it build up here.

Water seems to have crossed Phasi Charoen Canal. That was the last stand before Rama 2 Rd.

Looks like water will reach Rama 2 Rd. by this weekend. Rama 2 Rd. is built up 2 meters so it shouldn't cross.

I am about 150m south of the Phasi Charoen Canal, and I am still dry. But the little klong by me is up about 10 cm.

But am I the crazy one here? I almost wish the water would hurry up and get here so it can pass through to the sea, then get us all back to normal sooner rather than later.

So is the water heading up VR road unstoppable? Will it hit JJ/Mo chit before it hits here (Victory monument)?

I'm just wondering how long I can stick it out until the water gets here (if it does)

It should come to Victory Monument via Chatuchak - Sapan Kwai etc. Whether you need to worry will depend on how much is tolerable to the authorities, they may stop it if they can before VM and let it back up to a higher level in Chatuchak etc. or they may just let it flow now that they have bitten the bullet.

I have just seen an evacuation order for Chatuchac on the tape at the top of this page, so maybe they are going to let it build up here.

I will head out on my bike and check it out. I will check both routes though because people are saying Din Deang will flood too....

I will head out on my bike and check it out. I will check both routes though because people are saying Din Deang will flood too....

I would suggest going via Saphan Kwai as you can see the water around the Major junction at VR and Phahonyothin before swinging right to go down VR towards Din Daeng

But am I the crazy one here? I almost wish the water would hurry up and get here so it can pass through to the sea, then get us all back to normal sooner rather than later.

I've been saying that for over a week now. Perhaps we're both crazy.

I have just seen an evacuation order for Jan gasame and Sena Nikom which is the North and south sides of Sena Nikom Road.

Just been to Central Lad prao. The water seems to be heading towards Mor Chit. Most of the water is on the side of the road nearest Central. I put a short video on youtube under my usee name ThePetedk.

using my mobile and I don't know how to copy and paste the link.

Here is the link.

I am about 150m south of the Phasi Charoen Canal, and I am still dry. But the little klong by me is up about 10 cm.

Water has already crossed over at Phetchkasem 69, I think it is only a matter of time.

I returned from my field trip to Saen Saeb and Asoke/Petchburi.

At 1:00 a.m. the water was still at Rachayothin.

At 11:00 a.m. Central was flooded as was the VR/PH intersection.

Water as just beginning to make the left turn on to Lad Prao from Phahon Yothin.

At 1:00 p.m. the water had reached reached Union Mall. The subway entrance for Central was closed.

Without my reading glasses I wasn't able to do a video, but I did get a pic of the very leading edge of the water on Lad Prao. It looks like run off from somebody's garden hose.

Water has appeared at a curtain hotel on even soi side of Lad Prao. This is the first water I know of on this side of Lad Prao.

It's a little surreal, looking out my window at dry pavement, knowing there's a little flooding next door and an evacuation order a mile up the road.

post-32175-0-92845300-1320389298_thumb.j

post-32175-0-35598800-1320389312_thumb.j

post-32175-0-89726700-1320389341_thumb.j

post-32175-0-95775200-1320389351_thumb.j

post-32175-0-58167000-1320389365_thumb.j

post-32175-0-56161400-1320389379_thumb.j

post-32175-0-97552100-1320389384_thumb.j

post-32175-0-41861900-1320389388_thumb.j

post-32175-0-98096800-1320389429_thumb.j