Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

"Plodprasob believes all district will be inundated whereas BKK governor still confirms not entire BKK to get flooded ~ "

This is increasingly my conclusion as well. The pressure of the water from the North is such that even if barriers stop it somewhat above ground it forces its way through drainage, sewerage & possibly water pipes. If it moves at 1-1.8km a day then by this time next week all of central Bangkok will be inundated.

My Company allowed me to take an aerial trip over Ayutthaya, Don Mueang, etc. there is a huge volume of water that just hasn't arrived yet. Water levels are falling in Sinburi, Lopburi and Saha Rattananakorn Industrial estates, the outer ring road is badly flooded at the Lam Lukka Junction and the water is heading where it eventually neees to end up, in the sea.

I believe we have weeks of this yet to come

Personally I think that water will not move because the earth seems flat but is not and maybe because 'we' built highways.moo baans etc that now block that water

I drove from BKK to Ayutthaya yesterday using Highway 1 (5 hour trip :huh:) but the water from let's say the Pathumthani side of the raod really doesn't flow over that much any way..... they will need to pump all of the water you have seen someway or let it evaporate over the coming 5-6 years

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think that water will not move because the earth seems flat but is not and maybe because 'we' built highways.moo baans etc that now block that water

I drove from BKK to Ayutthaya yesterday using Highway 1 (5 hour trip ) but the water from let's say the Pathumthani side of the raod really doesn't flow over that much any way..... they will need to pump all of the water you have seen someway or let it evaporate over the coming 5-6 years

i hope that was your typing error ?:o

For Bangkok: Don't forget people, it's low high tides for now. There will be another round coming around 26th, maybe more severe, depending on the drainage progress and how they can control the water-saturation that has already setin in many places.

Ratchada/Latprao intersection was flooded a few hours ago. I went and had a look there.

I life in Huai Kwang

I also headed up Ratchadapisek Rd from Huay Kwang to Lad Prao last night, about 6pm, and from what I saw, the flooding was located at the 2 canals that cross Ratchadapisek Rd between Sutthisan and Lad Prao (see Google maps), and continued North from that point. The water was shin deep on the outbound side of Ratchadapisek Rd however the inbound side of the road had a lot less water on it.

GM Link Was there myself at 15:00, having an uncontrollable desire to see some actual flood water. When I was there, I saw only one canal that went/was still going under Ratchadapisek (more or less - the inbound side was tending to do as you described - cross over Ratchadapisek) . Lat/Lon on map image are very close. For you more landmark-oriented position-fixers, it's near the Chaophya Park Hotel. In another of my lives (involving extremely accurate electronic navigation at sea), 'fix' had an entirely different meaning from what many of you might be thinking.

post-120659-0-32549900-1320461998_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

Does anyone know what happened to the Gamling site? Flood map

The site is still there, but the map & all of the info is gone :o . It was the best site for current information by far!

I get the map with all the markers when clicking your link (using Firefox on linux). Perhaps you should try to clear your browser cache?

I live 50 M from Lat Phrao MRT 21station. I have been in Chiang Mai for a week since they kept saying Chatuchuk was to be flooded. I understand it flooded yesterday from watching TV-but also saw a conflicting post Chumpol (ny sub-district) not flooded yet. Can anyone verify this?

My flight returns Monday and am concernced I may have to extend if this MRT station closes probably can't get taxi to take me home from the airport. Will need to change my flight and probably my hotel as they said they are booked so I can't stay past Sunday. Thanks.

I live in the same area as yourself. Ladprao Road around Big C isn't too bad. It is however flooded at the Union Mall end and at the Ladprao/Ratchada intersection. I think the area won't suffer badly from the floods but it may get marooned between Ratchada and Vipavadee roads. MRT is still open today, but I can't see it staying open if the flooding gets any worse.

The BMCL - operators of the MRT - have stated that they will only close a station fully if the water level reaches 50cms around that station. They stated yesterday afternoon that they are monitoring the situation for Lat Phrao, Phaholyothin & Ratchadapisek stations. However, if 50cms is reached, I would suspect that would mean most of the inner north is flooded. (Most entrances are obviously elevated at a higher level (1m+) but I assume the 50cm level gives the BMCL time to implenment preventative measures securely close all entrances at affected stations with their flood barriers). Maintenance, plant and access shafts along the line would also be at risk.

I traveled, via bus, yesterday at 4:30pm up along Ratchada north past Latphrao rd, the Criminal Court, over the Phahonyothin overpass, towards Vihavadi and then onto the elevated section over Vihavadi to the Expressway/Phachachuen intersection. Then returned by 6pm.

The worst section was of course between Vihavadi and Phahonyothin (outside SCB HQ) where the water was about 30cm. Most of the section between Latphrao and Phahonyothin was only 5-10cms with a few spots 10-20cms. Indeed, whilst the whole south bound side was flooded, large parts of the north bound lanes were dry, and aside from the intersections (Latphrao & Phahon.) most of the inner lane was free of water in this whole section. Looking at vision on TV this am, that seems to have changed with most sections flooded and the water seemingly a little higher.

Slightly surreal seeing normally congested intersections and roads devoid of traffic aside from a few large vehicles.

I've seen other posts on this thread about this and didn't pay much attention to them, but there is an odd sort of pattern about the timing of flood waters. Other posts were questioning why the flood waters always com at night and our experience here tracks that. We got our first water late Wednesday night and since then the water level has been stable during the day, but rises late at night; every night.

Since the flood arrived at Lat Phrao yesterday in the morning, that seems to be an exception, but I still think the pattern is odd.

313521_256012747778899_111864392193736_721185_957526867_n.jpg309626_252979644748876_111864392193736_711730_1251973107_n.jpg293406_255514367828737_111864392193736_720049_115812688_n.jpg298422_251584534888387_111864392193736_706574_934127445_n.jpg310980_247659281947579_111864392193736_693182_588912461_n.jpg

Tough pic, the last one. It really shows the whole desaster of the catastrophy. How many millions of these poor creatures drowned without help and notice? Humans are the worst creatures on this planet. Ignorant, greedy and without any mercy. What creature doesnt fear amd hate us?

Here, approx. 4 km south of Bang Yai (for the cracks: N: 13° 49' 41" ● E: 100° 23' 39"), currently 1.2m in front of the house (pump keeps house a bit dryer, inside ca. 5cm). I was told, by a daring neighbor, our Soi (Soi Wat Phra Ngern) and connecting sois/roads where totally submerged (1-2 meters). Judging from what I can see/hear, NO traffic around here at all since 2 days!

Is it too difficult to keep this on topic?

Anyway, Ladprao-Wanghin Road is almost impassable past Soi 42. There's a barricade in the road there with a sign warning against going any further. Larger vehicles might be able to make it, but small cars won't.

Chokchai 4 still clear so far, but I only went as far as soi 60.

Ladprao Road flooded at Pawanna (Ladprao 41). Still passable, but getting deep.

Off topic posts removed and please keep photos relevant and current. IE camera phone shots taken by you with a location and a time rather than photos taken from a newspaper online, thanks.

this thread is for FLOOD LOCATION ONLY

Just back from a look at Klong Bang Sue at Phaholyothin Rd. The flooding (minor at the moment) starts in the eastern lanes of Phaholyothin Rd about 300m north of Klong Bang Sue (in the direction of Mochit).

Klong Bang Sue is high at the Phaholyothin Rd bridge but there is only minor flooding on the southern side of the canal to east of the Phaholyothin Rd bridge at the moment.

post-17672-0-71772800-1320478357_thumb.j

post-17672-0-16349200-1320478458_thumb.j

Is it too difficult to keep this on topic?

Anyway, Ladprao-Wanghin Road is almost impassable past Soi 42. There's a barricade in the road there with a sign warning against going any further. Larger vehicles might be able to make it, but small cars won't.

Chokchai 4 still clear so far, but I only went as far as soi 60.

Ladprao Road flooded at Pawanna (Ladprao 41). Still passable, but getting deep.

THANK YOU! You just saved me a trip!

I have a monthly MRT pass; I'll start using it tomorrow and ride MRT from Phahon Yothin to Hua Lumphong. I'll get off at every station until I find a dry one, which I'm guessing will by Huay Kwang. Then I'll continue to HuaLumphong and walk towards Yaowat or whatever the name is for the district with all the Chinese shops until I find water (or get tired).

Today, I strolled Lad Prao where I live and rode BTS until it was dry, which was only one stop.

At Mochit BTS, one side of Phahon Yothin was wet, the other was dry. Some of the Jatujak station entrances for MRT were closed.

No water was to be seen from Saphan Kwai/Buffalo Bridge. (Of course, I reported the same from Phahon Yothin Friday morning and later in the morning it was flooded as far as the eye could see.)

I could not tell if JJ Market was open from Skytrain.

Back at Lad Prao, the water (as one person said earlier) has a definite current. It is really boogieing (I can't believe that "boogieing" got past my spell checker) towards Rachada-Pisek. I am cautiously optimistic that Lad Prao Rd. between Phahon Yothin & Lad Prao MRT stations is going to get off very very easily.

I posted a pic of the zebra shrine awhile ago for comparison purposes. They are still here, some with wet feet, but seemingly safe (unlike so many north of the capital).

post-32175-0-11871600-1320479197_thumb.j

post-32175-0-43039900-1320479204_thumb.j

post-32175-0-30370000-1320479211_thumb.j

post-32175-0-09817100-1320479215_thumb.j

post-32175-0-14017400-1320479223_thumb.j

post-32175-0-40461300-1320479229_thumb.j

post-32175-0-37485400-1320479236_thumb.j

post-32175-0-36071000-1320479243_thumb.j

It is a animation of past events, not projections, from what I gather.

No, think the animation is a projection based up amount of water and elevation.

The animation shows water flowing through the SW part Bangkhuntian/eastern Samut Sakhon and into the sea.

Those parts have lower elevation than surrounding areas are liklely will get flooding but not yet. Also, the flooding in Thonburi has already spread a little closer to the Chao Phraya than shown in the animation.

I heard today that all mini-vans from Kanchanaburi to BKK have stopped indefinately! What's the situation in terms of driving in to BKK from Kanchanaburi..??

This would mean heading in through Nakhon Pathom, Putthamonton, Nakhon Chaisi, Pinklao (or Rama 8).

Any advice updates much appreciated.