Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

I posted earlier that Suwintawong (Highway 304) is waist deep. Just went down and checked--it's at least chest deep and all traffic has ceased--even the biggest, highest trucks are completely absent.

There is an area of about 2 kilometers from the Ramkamheng intersection past Nong Chok turn off that is prone to water, after that I have no idea.

The water is also flowing--I don't know where, but it seems to be moving somewhat quickly, so no longer wise to try and get through it unaided.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

morning all,

north east ish of bangkok the lam luk ka road khlong 4, next to the number 9 outer ring road, the water is still going down , i can see no correlation between the opening and closing of the now infamous gates , been going down steadily for 4 days now ,

i am no expert here , only from what i have seen with my own eyes, and the great posts on this thread.

its like a big wave that is in slow motion, do you try and stay a head of the wave, or do you double back on it as i did while you still can.

anyway of topic, sorry,

news in short , khlong 4 lam luk ka road, down again this morning

Edited by scott1999

Crush: on the other hand if you have a higher building and enough food and water and medication for a month (like we have) than it is doable to stay....just boring

I think that you are right, we are lucky, there is no need to act in haste but I think that plans should be made. This could last a lot longer than a month in your area, it has elsewhere.

Vipavadee Soi 16 opposite Thai Rath. 2km south of Central Lad Prao.

Can anyone give news about my soi/area (above). I am due to fly back tomorrow. I would rather fly tomorrow than wait until Thursday (which my partner wants) BUT find that I cannot get a taxi home from airport by then.

I am reading that Lad Prao is "curb-deep", which would be do-able for me.

eddy

To the admin: though this post here does not contain direct information on where it's flooding I believe the information contains herein may benefit some readers. Please bear with it. Thank you.

Thanks. There is Informaton that we need.

The flooding of Bangkok is a slow process, the water flows at a slow walking pace which means that it should travel at least 20Km in a day. in the conduit which is Phaholyothin Road it doesn't, because it is filling all the infrastructure before it appears above ground; in this area it took hours to travel about 200meters on the surface.

Evacuation orders have been issued, but I felt that the house being dry there was no need. Am I living in a fool's paradise?

Food water is no problem but there is no infrastructure, when the loo is flushed it must be filling the system because it can't go trough the drains. So, like the roads, is the house going to flood from within when its infrastructure is full? How long can I afford to wait?

I suppose when the sink in the kitchen sends its waste to the downstairs loo, I shouldn't bring any more water in, is that when I leave?

Evacuation orders have been issued for this area, the authorities know what they mean, are they not telling us in order to avoid panic?

I would like to know the experience of posters who have lived through or are still living in the flood.

My situation is their's of weeks or months ago.

A colleague ignored the evacuation order because there was no water in sight. Then he ignored it because it was shallow and did not seem like a big issue. Now he is cut off. Dont hang around waiting for the water to arrive. It makes life harder for the authorities if people stay in affected areas and then need some kind of help.

Thank's for that. It is human nature to try to preserve what you have. There are boats and our situation is not yet critical. Only 100 yards away in Sena Nikom the water is flooding the buildings.

This soi is dry, acting as a drain for the houses. I hope that this flow isn't stopped downstream, although I know that that is likely.

I estimate that if the flow remains stable, I have about two or three days at most before the water accumulates in the soi enough to flood to my car parking area.

As the saying goes; 'When there is doubt, then there is no doubt', but any opinions ideas experiences all add to my ability to rationalize the situation and get the timing right.

I'm going to try again for some info:

Do you know if the new condo buildings (opened 11 months ago) on Kaset Nawamin Rd by the Toyota dealership in Sena Nikhom have been flooded? They're called Supalai Park at Kaset.

Thanks for any help.

When will the flooding end and will they close bkk airport? ill be ther in late December.

No one knows for sure but by late December it should be ok.

Bkk airport should be safe. Try reading other threads about the flooding. There are so many different opinions, so to give a clear answer to your question is impossible.

If you plan to go south then by all means come.

Edited by petedk

I was out in the Suwanaphum area today and everything is bone dry as far as the eye can see.

The airport is now perhaps the world's biggest parking lot -- if by some chance it were to flood, hundreds of thousands of cars, buses and taxis are going to be rendered useless (until the second-hand car mafia get organised)

Hundreds of thousands of cars? That's a big if somewhat vague figure. Where did you get it from?

It is probably an accurate figure. I work there. The number of cars, buses and trucks parked there is unbelievable. If you are coming to meet someone from a flight it is almost impossible to find anywhere to park.

1320544226[/url]' post='4825488']
1320543794[/url]' post='4825477']

When will the flooding end and will they close bkk airport? ill be ther in late December.

No one knows for sure but by late December it should be ok.

Bkk airport should be safe. Try reading other threads about the flooding. There are so many different opinions, so to give a clear answer to your question is impossible.

If you plan to go south then by all means come.

I am not too sure you are right, after the floods come the diseases, it may be spring/summer before this mess is cleared up!

morning all,

north east ish of bangkok the lam luk ka road khlong 4, next to the number 9 outer ring road, the water is still going down , i can see no correlation between the opening and closing of the now infamous gates , been going down steadily for 4 days now ,

i am no expert here , only from what i have seen with my own eyes, and the great posts on this thread.

its like a big wave that is in slow motion, do you try and stay a head of the wave, or do you double back on it as i did while you still can.

anyway of topic, sorry,

news in short , khlong 4 lam luk ka road, down again this morning

Thanks for that update :)

I posted earlier that Suwintawong (Highway 304) is waist deep. Just went down and checked--it's at least chest deep and all traffic has ceased--even the biggest, highest trucks are completely absent. There is an area of about 2 kilometers from the Ramkamheng intersection past Nong Chok turn off that is prone to water, after that I have no idea. The water is also flowing--I don't know where, but it seems to be moving somewhat quickly, so no longer wise to try and get through it unaided.

morning all, north east ish of bangkok the lam luk ka road khlong 4, next to the number 9 outer ring road, the water is still going down , i can see no correlation between the opening and closing of the now infamous gates , been going down steadily for 4 days now , i am no expert here , only from what i have seen with my own eyes, and the great posts on this thread.its like a big wave that is in slow motion, do you try and stay a head of the wave, or do you double back on it as i did while you still can.anyway of topic, sorry,news in short , khlong 4 lam luk ka road, down again this morning

Update from Nimit Mai Road (Klong Samwa)

South from the junction with Hat Thai Mit (HTM, where the infamous Klongsamwa sluice gate is located) is all flooded down to the Suwintawong junction, only high trucks can get through. Then again Nimit Mai north of HTM junction after about 1km is also flooded up to Lam Luk Ka. Only dry part is between the 2 klongs going west-east (which is the flow of the water currently) just north of HTM (from Soi 40 north its flooded badly).

Water still rising in this area, but very slowly. If things are going down where "scott1999" is, then should hopefully mean that the water east of him will also be going down and thus flow past HTM junction within 4-5 days (???).

Morning All,

I live in Pattavikorn 2 village off Ram Intra KM7 and Nuan Chan Road Soi 56. Nuan Chan is now flooded to about 20-30 cm at the temple end. The lowest lying sois on my village now have about 10-20cm of standing water. I woke up this morning to see the drains in front of my gate full and we can no longer flush the toilet, so have decided it's time to get out. We've been really lucky in that the water has been rising so very slowly here (it's taken 4 days to cover the sois completely) when compared to so many other unfortunate people who have been flooded overnight. Ram Intra itself is still mostly clear of water from KM5 to KM8.

Good luck to all affected by the floods.

The flooding of Bangkok is a slow process, the water flows at a slow walking pace which means that it should travel at least 20Km in a day. in the conduit which is Phaholyothin Road it doesn't, because it is filling all the infrastructure before it appears above ground; in this area it took hours to travel about 200meters on the surface.

That's a good point, so with all this water that is now creeping into central Bangkok, does it slowly fill up the low lying underground pipes, drains etc, all the way to the Gulf, then when that underground area is all full, and there is still plenty of water to the North, it rises to street level and floods the city? Very nasty if that is the case.

As of 0815 today Klong Bang Sue at Phaholyothin Rd looks pretty much the same as yesterday.

From the Phaholyothin Rd bridge over Klong Bang Sue the water starts about 150m north of the klong towards Mochit in the eastern most lanes.

There is only minor flooding very close to the bridge on the southern side of the canal just to the east of the bridge.

post-17672-0-33790100-1320547725_thumb.j

post-17672-0-06647200-1320547860_thumb.j

post-17672-0-14684400-1320547926_thumb.j

post-17672-0-23546400-1320548196_thumb.j

I was out in the Suwanaphum area today and everything is bone dry as far as the eye can see.

The airport is now perhaps the world's biggest parking lot -- if by some chance it were to flood, hundreds of thousands of cars, buses and taxis are going to be rendered useless (until the second-hand car mafia get organised)

Hundreds of thousands of cars? That's a big if somewhat vague figure. Where did you get it from?

It is probably an accurate figure. I work there. The number of cars, buses and trucks parked there is unbelievable. If you are coming to meet someone from a flight it is almost impossible to find anywhere to park.

Does this include the long-term parking areas and /or the roads? The parking building certainly does not have this capacity. A picture would probably be nice too.

Going back to BKK in a few hours from Pattaya. I haven't heard any problems about the route, but most reports are only about Bangkok now.

We are planning Motorway (7) - off at Srinakarint - turning at Pattanakarn into Onnut - Onnut 44 - Sukh 93.

I heard something a couple of days about 7 being flooded in stretches around Chachoengsao. That true?

Also, Srinakarint just after getting off from the Motorway, at the first intersection were Siam Jusco used to be (now MaxValue), is usually flooded when it rains. Dry now?

To the admin: though this post here does not contain direct information on where it's flooding I believe the information contains herein may benefit some readers. Please bear with it. Thank you.

Thanks. There is Informaton that we need.

Evacuation orders have been issued, but I felt that the house being dry there was no need. Am I living in a fool's paradise?

Food water is no problem but there is no infrastructure, when the loo is flushed it must be filling the system because it can't go trough the drains. So, like the roads, is the house going to flood from within when its infrastructure is full? How long can I afford to wait?

I suppose when the sink in the kitchen sends its waste to the downstairs loo, I shouldn't bring any more water in, is that when I leave?

Evacuation orders have been issued for this area, the authorities know what they mean, are they not telling us in order to avoid panic?

I would like to know the experience of posters who have lived through or are still living in the flood.

My situation is their's of weeks or months ago.

A colleague ignored the evacuation order because there was no water in sight. Then he ignored it because it was shallow and did not seem like a big issue. Now he is cut off. Dont hang around waiting for the water to arrive. It makes life harder for the authorities if people stay in affected areas and then need some kind of help.

Crush: on the other hand if you have a higher building and enough food and water and medication for a month (like we have) than it is doable to stay....just boring

Staying becomes a problem when they cut off the electric and if your ground floor is flooded it's likely to become a breeding ground for mossies. And don't forget all the critters will be looking to take shelter from the water too...

Edit: hope you've got gaffer tape or can get some. Tape up all low lying electrical sockets too as well as killing the circuits on the breaker. Don't forget the UBC wall socket too, especially if there's open space on the wall behind it.

Edited by bangkockney

Siam Park Road began flooding two days ago. I live in Moo Baan Khao San Jed, soi 16/1 Siam Par Road, Kunnayao district.

Today the open drains in our soi are at road surface level and water has begun running from the drains into the soi.

The residents here including ourselves have been expecting this to happen.

Yesterday I travelled to here from Ekami/Ramindra expressway, and kilo 8 intersection is flooded.

Fashion Island location isn't looking good either.

Despite what the news reports may or may not say, the water is dropping very slowly in Ayutthaya, at least where I live. I'm at the base of the main bridge going onto the island. The water drops here about 1-2cm every couple of days. I would think it would drop faster with all of the water going to Bangkok, but apparently it isn't having much affect.

1320550715[/url]' post='4825749']
1320549915[/url]' post='4825718']

Has anybody travelled from central Bkk to Chiang Mai by car in past few days?

Appreciate any advice on best accessible route without flood?

That was 6 days ago. It may offer some help.

http://www.thaivisa....ed-house-in-cm/

Thanks for info but was really trying to find out which roads are still passable when driving north to chiang mai?

Has anybody travelled from central Bkk to Chiang Mai by car in past few days?

Appreciate any advice on best accessible route without flood?

That was 6 days ago. It may offer some help.

http://www.thaivisa....ed-house-in-cm/

Thanks for info but was really trying to find out which roads are still passable when driving north to chiang mai?

What i mean is try asking at that thread.

I heard something a couple of days about 7 being flooded in stretches around Chachoengsao. That true?

Also, Srinakarint just after getting off from the Motorway, at the first intersection were Siam Jusco used to be (now MaxValue), is usually flooded when it rains. Dry now?

No, The whole motorway is bone-dry (or was yesterday afternoon when I travelled it).

I didn't see any untoward water at Sri Nakarint, either.

Edited by RickBradford

No, The whole motorway is bone-dry (or was yesterday afternoon when I travelled it).

I didn't see any untoward water at Sri Nakarint, either.

Thanks! On my way, will report back in the evening.

I'm traveling next Wednesday ( 9 November ) to Bangkok for 1 day and will be staying around Silom road close to Sala Deang BTS station.

Does anybody have information about the situation there ?

I don't know yet if I can take a taxi from the airport ( are the roads open ? ) or if I have to take the BTS train.

If the sh*t really hits the fan I can cancel my appointment and stay at the airport hotel and fly out again next day but I have to try to avoid this at any cost if possible.

I read all the replies but most of the districts mentioned don't really ring a bell for me about the actual location and proximity to the Silom area. ( sorry for this but I’m not really familiar with the Bangkok districts and roads.