Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

Just read in the press Bang Chak advised to evacuate.Too close to home for my comfort

Not true. It's Nong Jak, not Bang Chak. Far apart.

I read it in the N****** it's on the front page , definately states Bang Chak but no further information.It's possible it's a mistake on their behalf but that's what it says

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai TV is reporting live that the water has pushed south of Jatujak towards Big C Saphan Kwai, to a level of 20-30cm

These photos were taken yesterday - it's still dry!

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but things seem to be happening very fast!

post-32175-0-43656600-1320575411_thumb.j

post-32175-0-71664800-1320575432_thumb.j

Dry yesterday, but today Chokchai 4 is starting to see water. As reported by another member, soi 39 & 41 (1.8km up Chokchai 4) are flooding with water coming in from Ladprao-Wanghin. The water has reached the Chokchai 4 main road and is beginning to fill the drains in the area which have until now been about a meter down. The flow appears to be southward, heading in the direction of Ladprao Rd.

attachment=150109:chokchai 4.jpg]

attachment=150108:2011-11-06 14.10.41.jpg]

Soi 39

attachment=150107:2011-11-06 14.06.17.jpg]

Soi 41

Good reporting Quaxo.  I can confirm all your description of the beginning of flooding at Chok Chai 4.  It seems that Soi 39 & 41 is a point from which flooding will spread out into the Chok Chai 4 area.

post-59034-0-72584100-1320575533_thumb.j

I also had a quick look at Lad Phrao Rd.  The water is heading east from Pawanna, approaching the small bridge at Soi 48.  Water is beginning to cover the road in between Saphan1 & Saphan2.  There is clearly traffic going both ways at least as far west as Pawanna, contrary to reports that the road is closed all the way to Soi 45 (Saphan 2).

post-59034-0-63038600-1320575914_thumb.j

Edited by bluegum

Just tried to drive up Thanon Kannan Maen to check out the Phasi Charoen Canal. Thanon Kannan Maen in the first crossroad when coming from the east down Kallaprapruek Road. The first flooding is a mere 25 meters from Kallaprapruek, but except for the side sois, it is passible until it reaches the klong about 400 meters up from Kallaprapruek. There, the road is under water and closed to small cars.

While we were there, a government truck drove by with loudspeakers blaring that everyone should evacuate.

GM Link

post-120659-0-99928200-1320576008_thumb.

How is the water level at Pathum Thani, Don Muang, and the general Rangsit area? Have you all out there seen a constant decrease in water level or is it still only a few cm of variation?

That's what I'd like to know. A friend of mine at Rangsit uni said she's due back on the 14th and my school is in klong 3 and the date set for us to back is the 15th. I thought this date would be unrealistic seeing as all the water seems to be backed up in Pathum Thani to protect BKK and with more water from the north heading down....(not to mention the clean up operation)

She says friends of hers staying in klong 6 has said the water has gone down a fair bit. Can someone in the area confirm?

Just read in the press Bang Chak advised to evacuate.Too close to home for my comfort

Not true. It's Nong Jak, not Bang Chak. Far apart.

I read it in the N****** it's on the front page , definately states Bang Chak but no further information.It's possible it's a mistake on their behalf but that's what it says

I have been cycling around this afternoon in the Bangjak and Prakanong areas. Definitely no flooding. Klong Prakanong, which would be the culprit in case of Bangjak, is high but not overflowing.

Thai TV is reporting live that the water has pushed south of Jatujak towards Big C Saphan Kwai, to a level of 20-30cm

Just went and checked (at 1730)Phaholyothin Rd where it crosses Klong Bang Sue.

The water has moved further south on Phaholyothin Rd towards Klong Bang Sue.

At the moment the water is about 50 metres north of the klong in the southbound lanes and the u-turn just north of the klong is maybe 40cm deep so may soon be impassable to small vehicles.

In the northbound lanes the water starts about 60 metres north of the klong and appears to get up to about 40cm deep near the u-turn but in the lanes heading towards Mochit is fairly shallow as far as I could see to the Kamphaeng Phet junction.

South of the klong there is no water on Phaholyothin Rd including the Big C and Saphan Khwai BTS area and I did not see any water coming up from drains.

There is some flooding on the edges of Klong Bang Sue and some water near the temple at the end of Phaholyothin Soi 15 but this does not seem to have increased in the last few hours.

And still nobody can indicate where it will go from there. If it continues to move along Paholyothin towards Victory Monument, where will it go next.

It seems there should be some prediction with the canal structures set the way they are. If it does sweep across Petchaburi Road and into Sukhumvit, you will see people scattering in all directions. Ten days ago the government said the worst was over for inner Bangkok. Maybe they forgot to pass that message to the millions of gallons of water!

Sorry for the quality...

http://www.youtube.c...?v=zDtLejwwH98

Mo Chit BTS, Ratchada MRT and Pahonyotin MRT stations. Sat 05 Nov around 3-4pm.

Going again today, will post another video tonight. Curious to see how much more water got there.

http://www.youtube.c...n_order&list=UL

Kind of fixed version.

When was this filmed? This morning or yesterday?

That is a very interesting video and shows the progression of the flood Down Phahonyothin as I imagined it to be. Initially we see the water going down the drains at Mo Chit and then move up to Central Laad Prow where it has filled the drains and is more or less in full flood. The next video should show Mo Chit in full flood. If you know how far you are from Mo Chid then you can judge how long it will be before you are in full flood. Of course if the water is blocked on the surface the process will be much slower through the drainage system and the levels you see here may increase.

Sorry for the quality...

http://www.youtube.c...?v=zDtLejwwH98

Mo Chit BTS, Ratchada MRT and Pahonyotin MRT stations. Sat 05 Nov around 3-4pm.

Going again today, will post another video tonight. Curious to see how much more water got there.

http://www.youtube.c...n_order&list=UL

Kind of fixed version.

When was this filmed? This morning or yesterday?

your vids are of very good quality and thank you for posting. Are you by any chance German?

This was filmed yesterday. I went back today... Will upload as soon as I'm done converting and editing. Saphan Khwai and Suthisan are still dry... but the situation north of there got worse.

I am not German... All the best to all of you.

How is the water level at Pathum Thani, Don Muang, and the general Rangsit area? Have you all out there seen a constant decrease in water level or is it still only a few cm of variation?

That's what I'd like to know. A friend of mine at Rangsit uni said she's due back on the 14th and my school is in klong 3 and the date set for us to back is the 15th. I thought this date would be unrealistic seeing as all the water seems to be backed up in Pathum Thani to protect BKK and with more water from the north heading down....(not to mention the clean up operation)

She says friends of hers staying in klong 6 has said the water has gone down a fair bit. Can someone in the area confirm?

I would also like to know the same, since the main focus is Bangkok only. The other news source reported last night that according to Arnold Snidvongs, that with the levee finished that both Rangsit and Don Muang could be drained off in 7 days. Personally, I find that extremely optimistic given the amount of water in the area. Here are some photos from yesterday.

post-6428-0-72303700-1320577867_thumb.jp

post-6428-0-50994800-1320577903_thumb.jp

post-6428-0-39005300-1320577933_thumb.jp

Rangsit Market at 6PM last night

This video was posted 3 days ago on Youtube. Klong 2, Rangsit, Nakhon Nayok. When it was actually taken, I don't know. This is very near my home the end of Klong 2 and close to Klong 3. It seems that this area has been forgotten by the government.

Ahhh... you are correct - if you are talking about the Bang Chak sub-district, in Phasi Charone district of Bangkok, several km to the west of the Chao Phraya River - not to be confused with the Bang Chak area along Sukhumvit, with its own BTS Station.

And still nobody can indicate where it will go from there. If it continues to move along Paholyothin towards Victory Monument, where will it go next.

It seems there should be some prediction with the canal structures set the way they are. If it does sweep across Petchaburi Road and into Sukhumvit, you will see people scattering in all directions. Ten days ago the government said the worst was over for inner Bangkok. Maybe they forgot to pass that message to the millions of gallons of water!

In today's Thai press, Sukhumpand was quoted as saying the water would 'definitely' get to Victory Monument.

Water seems to have stopped its advance on Ratchada. As it has done more often in the past few weeks. It stops somewhere for 1 or 2 days, builds up and then jumps to the next location along the way.

W

Phew!!! I thought it was already at Phaholyothin soi 18 and would move forward to Saphan Kwai and further. Saw pictures of flooded street under BTS Mochit this afternoon.

I was at Mo Chit at 8am this morning and again sundown. Water didn't seem to have gained anything throughout the day except it did migrate a bit to the southbound lane. For how fast it went from Ratchayothin to the BTS Friday night I would expect Saphan Kwai to have water by Sunday, now it's not looking that way. Same old story as it's been for weeks, no one knows when but it seems imminent.

That is good news, I thought that I should post immediately because my speculation does not seem to be accurate. The video was taken on Friday, Mo Chit was in the process of flooding and the Central Laad Prow area fully flooded. Now you say that MoChit hasn't come to full flood by Sunday and remained in that state throughout the day. This means that there is hope, because it is still going past our location at Soi Sena at 3 miles an hour at a depth of 30 cm for the last three days, so I wonder where it is going.

We're at the top (north) end of Phet Kasaem soi 126, just east of sai 5. The water came here Wednesday night and we got to 40 cm pretty quickly. It rose slowly after that, but we've been holding steady at 55 cm outside our entrance for this afternoon and evening. Our people ferrying supplies have told us that the intersection of sai 5 and Phet Kasaem is flooded and small cars and pickups cannot pass; probably about the same as here. It looks like Kratum Baen may be next in line to see water in this area.

It will be stable for a few days around 5 or so and then it will probably slowly a few cm a day decrease. At least that is what happened here.

How is it now? I have been using your reports to reassure myself that the water wont get any deeper and haven't seen much from you.

tgeezer .... as has happened before the water is building up somewhere and then suddenly will jump 1 or 2 km forward.

It has been the pattern for weeks now.

Water goes somewhere.

Stops

builds up

Jumps forward somewhere else.

Question is .....

WHERE?

Right now water stopped at Klong Bang Sue on Ratchada. It is building up (rising) in the Klong and on the Lard Prao side of Ratchada. Tomorrow or the day after I estimate that it will jump to either Huai Kwang (where I am) or even past that. :(

W

I would also like to know the same, since the main focus is Bangkok only. The other news source reported last night that according to Arnold Snidvongs, that with the levee finished that both Rangsit and Don Muang could be drained off in 7 days. Personally, I find that extremely optimistic given the amount of water in the area. Here are some photos from yesterday.

This video was posted 3 days ago on Youtube. Klong 2, Rangsit, Nakhon Nayok. When it was actually taken, I don't know. This is very near my home the end of Klong 2 and close to Klong 3. It seems that this area has been forgotten by the government.

If the camera man was facing the opposite way you would of seen my school, and yes I agree I saw a video online taken from a plane flying over the area and there is a huge amount of water. December the 15th sounds more plausible!

Dry yesterday, but today Chokchai 4 is starting to see water. As reported by another member, soi 39 & 41 (1.8km up Chokchai 4) are flooding with water coming in from Ladprao-Wanghin. The water has reached the Chokchai 4 main road and is beginning to fill the drains in the area which have until now been about a meter down. The flow appears to be southward, heading in the direction of Ladprao Rd.

attachment=150109:chokchai 4.jpg]

attachment=150108:2011-11-06 14.10.41.jpg]

Soi 39

attachment=150107:2011-11-06 14.06.17.jpg]

Soi 41

Good reporting Quaxo.  I can confirm all your description of the beginning of flooding at Chok Chai 4.  It seems that Soi 39 & 41 is a point from which flooding will spread out into the Chok Chai 4 area.

post-59034-0-72584100-1320575533_thumb.j

I also had a quick look at Lad Phrao Rd.  The water is heading east from Pawanna, approaching the small bridge at Soi 48.  Water is beginning to cover the road in between Saphan1 & Saphan2.  There is clearly traffic going both ways at least as far west as Pawanna, contrary to reports that the road is closed all the way to Soi 45 (Saphan 2).

post-59034-0-63038600-1320575914_thumb.j

Seems like the Lad Prao / Wang Thong Lang / Bang Kapi areas are about to have it. Here are some flood pics from the Kaset-Nawamin intersection this afternoon. It looked mostly like a sewer overflow thing only, though - there didn't seem to be any surface water going to the intersection from any direction. I toured a bit around in the neighbourhoods to the south-west (towards Lad Prao 101) of the intersection without seeing any flooding apart for a few occational, non-severe sewer-overflows.

post-57955-0-81636100-1320579633_thumb.j

post-57955-0-25088700-1320579768_thumb.j

post-57955-0-22672500-1320579842_thumb.j

post-57955-0-69022400-1320579862_thumb.j

post-57955-0-72031700-1320579892_thumb.j

If the camera man was facing the opposite way you would of seen my school, and yes I agree I saw a video online taken from a plane flying over the area and there is a huge amount of water. December the 15th sounds more plausible!

hi i live lam luk ka road khlong 4 , water down about 10 cm , i have a friend who live in neo city village off to the right hand side of the airport, it has come down to about 1 m in his house now from 2 m

the water from what i can see is going 2 or 3 cm a day .

In today's Thai press, Sukhumpand was quoted as saying the water would 'definitely' get to Victory Monument.

GM Link

post-120659-0-67317600-1320581458_thumb.

hi i live lam luk ka road khlong 4 , water down about 10 cm , i have a friend who live in neo city village off to the right hand side of the airport, it has come down to about 1 m in his house now from 2 m

Hi Scott,

I really appreciate your updates. I have a friend in Lam Lukka 4 as well, and she's unable to get back to her apartment. I'm able to keep her abreast from your posts. I'm above you in Thanyaburi. Seeing your updates I am hoping that the water in my area is also decreasing. It's so hard to get updates from that area though. I do use this map, and from the looks up it the majority of the water is slightly below Klong Luang (I hope I'm not misreading this map). Of course there is still flood water above Klong Luang, it doesn't look as menacing.

http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msid=203278216882407399461.0004af623e23c9dccde11&msa=0&ll=13.880079,100.654678&spn=0.405955,0.727158

Hi Scott,

I really appreciate your updates. I have a friend in Lam Lukka 4 as well, and she's unable to get back to her apartment. I'm able to keep her abreast from your posts. I'm above you in Thanyaburi. Seeing your updates I am hoping that the water in my area is also decreasing. It's so hard to get updates from that area though. I do use this map, and from the looks up it the majority of the water is slightly below Klong Luang (I hope I'm not misreading this map). Of course there is still flood water above Klong Luang, it doesn't look as menacing.

http://maps.google.f...405955,0.727158

hi froda

this could work well , i see you on the map due north , my friends house is due south at khu bon,

so at this point in time khu bon not much more to reach its highest point , or maybe has levelled off now , me , going down , how about where you are ?

between us we have maybe 40 km in line of sight.

opps i just re read your post , are you not in thanyaburi at this moment in time?

Edited by scott1999

I'm traveling next Wednesday ( 9 November ) to Bangkok for 1 day and will be staying around Silom road close to Sala Deang BTS station.

Does anybody have information about the situation there ?

I don't know yet if I can take a taxi from the airport ( are the roads open ? ) or if I have to take the BTS train.

If the sh*t really hits the fan I can cancel my appointment and stay at the airport hotel and fly out again next day but I have to try to avoid this at any cost if possible.

I read all the replies but most of the districts mentioned don't really ring a bell for me about the actual location and proximity to the Silom area. ( sorry for this but I'm not really familiar with the Bangkok districts and roads.

GM Link I believe the area is dry and MIGHT stay that way through the 9th. Personally, depending on time-of-day (BTS is closed 00:00 to 06:00), fatigue factor and luggage load, I'd take the airport link to end-of-line at Phaya Thai BTS station and then BTS to Sala Daeng from there. Otherwise, there are buses. If you resort to a taxi, be sure to insist that the meter is used - not always possible, because it's a long, one-way trip. On my first (and only) taxi ride from the airport, my driver had to call the hotel for directions and it was just off Sukumvit, Soi 3. Not all taxi drivers really know Bangkok, but those that didn't, have been, in my experience, uncommon exceptions.

It's easy to use Google Maps to trace your route because the BTS rail and stations are clearly marked, as well as the airport line.

post-120659-0-34833500-1320582479_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

Scott

Ok that's good. So do you think the water in the area could be drained of in 10 days or so?

I just though there was much more to come....

hi lildragon , i do hope so , but i will only report what i see with my own eyes, ha ha predictions are for the so called experts .

good luck anyway feel free to message me if you need a report from khu bon or lam luk ka road,

Hi Scott,

hi froda

this could work well , i see you on the map due north , my girlfriends house is due south at khu bon,

so at this point in time khu bon not much more to reach its highest point , or maybe has levelled off now , me , going down , how about where you are ?

opps i just re read your post , are you not in thanyaburi at this moment in time?

Hi Scott,

I'm in Thanyaburi, Prachatiphat, Klong 2. Dreamworld about 5 minutes away. I had to leave my home two weeks ago since the floods were getting too deep outside. It was a leave now or never kind of thing. Lum Lukka isn't that far from my area. From your posts and I can get a sort of idea how things are going in the area.

Hi Scott,

hi froda

this could work well , i see you on the map due north , my girlfriends house is due south at khu bon,

Hi Scott,

I'm in Thanyaburi, Prachatiphat, Klong 2. Dreamworld about 5 minutes away. I had to leave my home two weeks ago since the floods were getting too deep outside. It was a leave now or never kind of thing. Lum Lukka isn't that far from my area. From your posts and I can get a sort of idea how things are going in the area.

any time , im at my school in khu bon monday to friday bored stiff, so if you need any reports i am happy to help, if i get any news of you area , i of course will pass on to you.

Hi Scott,

hi froda

Hi Scott,

any time , im at my school in khu bon monday to friday bored stiff, so if you need any reports i am happy to help, if i get any news of you area , i of course will pass on to you.