Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

10:25am Water reached Phyathai, to spill over from Bang Sue canal http://fb.me/Uslsr5Rm ~ @NationChannel24

make of it what you will...

Just got pic from friend about Bang Sue Canal - unfortunately exact location is unclear...sorry.

http://a4.sphotos.ak...752434061_n.jpg

Will head down myself later to get more accurate info.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am following North-Eastern side of Ratchada - Suttisarn closely as I live near by

The sois straight east of Chao Phraya Hotel on Ratchadaphisek Rd toward Latprao 48 are slowly flooding, I drive the sois every morning and evening to monitor.

The flooding increase stadily but not with more than 7-8 cm per 24 hours since Friday morning. Monday morning 3-4 cm up compared to Sunday evening

Gen Palangkoon Klahan, another Froc spokesman, said Froc from now would launch an operation to "hold back" water flowing into Bangkok by laying a wall of big bags along the eastern flood barrier and speed up draining water out through areas east and west of Bangkok.

He said big bags had proved effective in holding back water flowing to Bangkok and cushioning impact from the torrents, compared to Pathum Thani and Nonthaburi provinces which were hard-hit.

The flood situation in Bangkok was no longer worrying. [sic]

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/265118/more-water-pumps-for-bma

hello everyone, we have to go from Pattaya to Sukothai this Thu with 2 4WD pickups, thanks to Jumbo we know that up to Ayuthaya it seems to be ok, does anyone know how is the Road 32 between Ayuthaya and Angthong?

Thanks for your kind information

Mag&Uli

I need to travel to BKK to Pattaya. I have my motorcyle. But...Can anyone kindly advise: How long will toll roads/motorways be open to motorcycles as is currently the case due to floods?

Many thanks in advance.

J

I drove on both toll road today. No flood at all for this sector.

The only sign of motocycle are those belong to the Police.

No private bike on them both as of this morning; unlike Don Muang tollway where bikes were allowed by default due to flooding below.

Thai TV is reporting live that the water has pushed south of Jatujak towards Big C Saphan Kwai, to a level of 20-30cm

Just went and checked (at 1730)Phaholyothin Rd where it crosses Klong Bang Sue.

The water has moved further south on Phaholyothin Rd towards Klong Bang Sue.

At the moment the water is about 50 metres north of the klong in the southbound lanes and the u-turn just north of the klong is maybe 40cm deep so may soon be impassable to small vehicles.

In the northbound lanes the water starts about 60 metres north of the klong and appears to get up to about 40cm deep near the u-turn but in the lanes heading towards Mochit is fairly shallow as far as I could see to the Kamphaeng Phet junction.

South of the klong there is no water on Phaholyothin Rd including the Big C and Saphan Khwai BTS area and I did not see any water coming up from drains.

There is some flooding on the edges of Klong Bang Sue and some water near the temple at the end of Phaholyothin Soi 15 but this does not seem to have increased in the last few hours.

0930 7/11/11

The water has again moved further south on Phaholyothin Rd towards Klong Bang Sue.

At the moment the water is about 20 metres north of the klong in the southbound lanes and near the u-turn just north of the klong is maybe 40cm deep - still just passable to small vehicles which are game to try.

In the northbound lanes the water starts about 30 metres north of the klong and appears to get up to about 40cm deep near the u-turn but in the lanes heading towards Mochit is fairly shallow as far as I could see to the Kamphaeng Phet junction.

South of the klong there is no water on Phaholyothin Rd including the Big C and Saphan Khwai BTS areas and I did not see any water coming up from drains.

There is some flooding on the edges of Klong Bang Sue.

The water near the temple at the end of Phaholyothin Soi 15 has dried up - Klong Bang Sue went down 4cm overnight but has risen 3cm this morning so the flooding there may reoccur.

1500 7/11/11 - little change from my 0930 report above - water is still just north of Klong Bang Sue on Phaholyothin Rd. South of Klong Bang Sue no water on Phaholyothin Rd including the Big C and BTS Saphan Khwai and no water coming from drains.

There was still no water near the temple at the end of Phaholyothin Soi 15(there was some water there yesterday due to overflow from Klong Bang Sue).

How are we looking on Petchkasem Road around the Nakhon Chaisi, Putthamonton, Pinklao area..??

If Pinklao is a no-no is Rama 8 bridge open in to Samsen..??

I need to try and get in from Kanchanaburi on Weds by car.

Edited by CockneyGit

I need to travel to BKK to Pattaya. I have my motorcyle. But...Can anyone kindly advise: How long will toll roads/motorways be open to motorcycles as is currently the case due to floods?

Many thanks in advance.

J

No one can guess as to if/when those roads get closed, but, that said I just came back last night from Pattaya on a minivan and everything was dry and traffic was moving w/no problems...record time...just over 2 hours to Victory Monument. I've driven that on my MC b4 and I noticed that that way was clear too.

I live in Bangkok Noi off of Thanon Bang Khunnon and drove my MC over the Memorial Bridge to Arun Ammarin and the way was dry.

The weak spot for those living south of the Bangkok Noi in Bang Khun Non, Ban Chang Lo, Bang Khun Si, Siriraj, Wat Tha Phra and Wat Arun is the bridges over Klong Wat Ratcha Sittharam and the Bangkok Yai as there are only 3 roads left to access either the Memorial or Taksin Bridges and thus inner BKK. I'm about to go have a drive'bout to check on the water on those bridges over Thanon Charan Sanitwong, Thanon Itsaraphap and Thanon Arun Ammarin.

As of last night Thanon Bang Khunnonwas dry except for a small section just north of Klong Chak Phra which was no worries. Most all of the soi's were flooded, but seemed only ankle/mid shin deep.

There's a relativity new road just south of the Thonburi train tracks that goes from Charon Sanitwong to Boromratchachonani that was flooded last night about 1k east of the Taling Chan Floating Market. I wasn't feeling too adventurous as it was dark and I had my rucksack on so I don't know how deep it is.

On Thanon Chak Phra there was water at right around soi 10 but scooters were fording it so I guess it ain't all that bad...yet.

I'll try to upload some pics but this 'puter is on it's last bytes and that bites 4 me!

Flooding now at Bang Bon behind Central Rama II.

How far Behind Central Rama II?

100 meter? 1 km? 5km?

Can anyone confirm? Because Rama II is the last link between BKK & the entire South.

Should have taken Thaksin advise and built the over-the-sea elevated road from BKK all the way to Phetburi (BangKhunTian to ChaAm if I remember correctly). We don't have to worry now.

It is still about 2 km from Central Rama 2. It hasn't crossed Ekachai yet, from what I can see, although it has crossed Kallaprapruek.

How are we looking on Petchkasem Road around the Nakhon Chaisi, Putthamonton, Pinklao area..??

Pinklao, Boroonrachtachoni, and most of Phetkasem are closed.

Rama VIII is a no go as are large parts of Petchkasem & Putthamonton Roads. Pinklao is a lake.

Tho not sure if Rama II will be cut off by Wednesday, I'm thinkin your only bet is to take 323 to 3525/4 south just past Pak Raet. At Ban Lueak take 325 south till it hits 35/Rama II. long way around but I think it's the only clear way...good luck!

100 meter? 1 km? 5km?

Can anyone confirm? Because Rama II is the last link between BKK & the entire South.

Should have taken Thaksin advise and built the over-the-sea elevated road from BKK all the way to Phetburi (BangKhunTian to ChaAm if I remember correctly). We don't have to worry now.

It is still about 2 km from Central Rama 2. It hasn't crossed Ekachai yet, from what I can see, although it has crossed Kallaprapruek.

Just hit Ekachai in Bang Bon now 1700 hrs

100 meter? 1 km? 5km?

Bonobo - where has it crossed Kallaprapruek? Is Kallaprapruek now completely blocked to traffic?

Pinklao, Boroonrachtachoni, and most of Phetkasem are closed.

if you have a big foot 4wd then ok. if not. bring a boat.

My gf spent hours pluging all the drain pipe in front of our house.

However water just arrive from the drain pipe of my next door neighbour.

<deleted>.

My mooban build a earth dyke around the mooban 2 weeks prior before the water even reaching our district . We the home owners spend another good 1 week reinforcing it with sandbags.

All it takes just water from the drain pipe to flood the whole moo ban waist deep overnight.

1730 7-11/11

Water on Phaholyothin Rd at Saphan Khwai is still on the Mochit side of Klong Bang Sue. The water is almost right up to the klong now.

I saw one manhole leaking a small amount of water just north of the BTS on the eastern side of the road but I did not see any water leaking from drains in the area.

The small soi near the temple at the end of Phaholyothin Soi 15 did have a small flood yesterday (probably from overflow from Klong Bang Sue) but there is no water there at the moment.

Edited by yiiim2

My gf spent hours pluging all the drain pipe in front of our house.

However water just arrive from the drain pipe of my next door neighbour.

<deleted>.

My mooban build a earth dyke around the mooban 2 weeks prior before the water even reaching our district . We the home owners spend another good 1 week reinforcing it with sandbags.

All it takes just water from the drain pipe to flood the whole moo ban waist deep overnight.

Still slowly creeping down here in Klong 4 Rangsit. It's dropped 20 centimetres (8 inches), since it reached it's peak of 1.40 metres on October 28.

Edited by sbk
flood info only please

Does anyone have any news on Ram Intra Suwinthawong? Is it still flooded. I am going to have to drive from the Chalon Rat expressway East along Ram Intra past Fashion Island and then along Suwinthawong to Windsor park Golf club, not to play I might add. Is this possible?

According to this:

they will let Rama II fllod and as alternative rout to the south and west:

"take the Bangbua Thong - Suphan Buri Road to go to Nakhon Pathom instead of using Rama II Road."

That is the 340, right? How can you? The 340 and the Kanchanapisek in Bang Bua Thong is still flooded, isn't it? :blink:

According to this: http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4829183

"take the Bangbua Thong - Suphan Buri Road to go to Nakhon Pathom instead of using Rama II Road."

That is the 340, right? How can you? The 340 and the Kanchanapisek in Bang Bua Thong is still flooded, isn't it? :blink:

yes, the 340 and the Kanchanapisek in Bang Bua Thong is still flooded,

However they will use big bags to line 2 side, causing the road in between to be dry; in time, for traffic to flow through.

If Moses can open the Red Sea, why can't YS open Highway 340?

According to this:

Last time i looked at it (it goes pas the village i live) it was flooded. But 4x4 can drive it now if they have special exhaust fittings ect. The water is dropping at 2-3 cm a day here so in a week or so most parts should be ok for a normal 4x4.

Does anybody know about flood at Raminthra Road? Is it flooded already everywhere? Is Fashon Island still dry?

Raminthra towards Lak Si closed to taxis and cars around soi 37. Trucks and some motorcycles still going through. Min Buri-bound is more flooded. Wong wian tunnell at Phaholyothin completely flooded, 60-80cm on the surface. Only large trucks are passing all the way to soi 37. Foodland closed, I couldn't tell if Big C open, but looks flooded.

I heard late last week conflicting reports Fasion Island completely closed or only ground floor closed. Call your retailer to be sure.

The median is preventing more water from heading south across Raminthra. But at the u-turn breaks there is a huge current going that way.

Choi dee