Thai Capital's Barriers Hold But Floods Still Menace

Lite Beer

Also an TV article here about tsunami volunteers getting arrested. Volunteers getting arrested As always the law is sort of selectively enforced...... I am a building contractor, would love to do some volunteer work for construction. But I sure as hell am not going to get arrested for it. And yes , I suspect if you lived upcountry in a village, the local policeman would be looked down upon if he arrested the lone farang there trying to help out... :-) Good for you to help. But the police clearly had no problem enforcing this law in Phuket. But anyway things are happening right now, let's wait and see how the aftermath plays out. Maybe the government will make a special announcement tomorrow that all farangs are welcome to perform volunteer work, with no punishment.

That link doesn't have any foreigners being arrested for volunteering during the Tsunami. It is an article saying the police will begin enforcing work permits for charity workers, months after the tsunami hit.

Basically, if you want to help out during a disaster, you should. If you want to do some kind of 'volunteer' work for months or years on end after a disaster is over, you need to get a permit and comply with the law.

Yeah if you want to help you can as i stated.

Here is a contact number for anyone who wants too put on the site from the site owner george yesterday.

Foreigners who wants to help fortfy flood barrier @ Navanakorn industrial estate & save thousands job call Boonyarit 081-467-0351

What if the boat thing does work just a little? every little helps.

Why dont you get off your <deleted> instead of moaning and go out and help people??

I've donated several thousand dollars already. That doesn't count the several thousand dollars it will cost me to repair my own damages. I hated doing it, as I know a large portion of it will be skimmed off, but not owning an amphibious vehicle with which to aid others, i thought it was the best i could do under the circumstances.