Re-entry

Hi,

Need advise .

I am holding indonesia passport, Non imigrant for 6 months - for 2(double) entry

i am get 1st stamp arrive beg dec and I must do 2nd stamp on beg feb 2004. since my visa will end on may 31, 2004

well, i am planning to go out of the country on this next 1-2 days, so it means beg jan.

1. should i get the the re-entry first ?

before i am out on this next 2 days

2. after my first traveling on jan should i get out of the country to get another stamp ? for 90 days staying ?

of any suggestion, should i go now to get re-entry permit (multiple) first before i am out of the country ? since i will be out again on mar 2004 ?

pls advise

thank you

hendry

I am holding indonesia passport, Non imigrant for 6 months - for 2(double) entry

yes, you sound like you will be entering Thailand 3 or more times so get the multiple re entry permit now and be done with it <3800 baht>. the expiration on the permit will be the same day as your current 6 month visa.

get it at the airport on your departure day

or

BKK Immigration before then

Huski

That does not sound correct to me.

Hendry

I think the Re-entry permit will be valid until the

end of the 90 day entry stamped at the Airport.

So I would say you will need 2 single Re-entry

permits - one for each of the 90 day stays.

Were you given 90 days when you arrived at

begining of December?

What is the "Until" date in the Airport Stamp?

In my opinion - if the Visa Sticker is valid until

31st May - then you have up to THAT date to

enter Thailand to obtain your SECOND 90 day stay.

I hope others will confirm or correct this?

Roger

I think the Re-entry permit will be valid until the

end of the 90 day entry stamped at the Airport.

the re entry permit will be in your passport and dated based on your current VISA before you even leave Thailand. the multi entry re entry permit allows you to re enter without losing your visa from too many entries.

the 90 day entry stamp will be the same, but only one re entry permit is needed for mulitiple entry on that visa.

I am unable to figure your chronology as if you entered early Dec your should not have to depart until early Mar. As the visa is valid until the end of May you could then return for the second 90 day entry. If you want to maximize the visa you will need a re-entry permit for the January exit. If not you can just use your second entry when you return and be good for another 90 days.

For max visa use your travel during the 90 day entry period you will require a re-entry permit which will end at the same time as your current 90 day entry period. So if you only plan one exit during the first 90 days you only need a single re-entry permit for that. You then re-enter using that. At the end of the 90 days you exit again and enter using second visa entry (which gives you another 90 days regardless of the vise expiration date).

Dear All,

Thank you for all the help, however Now I already get my 1 time re-entry permit

then on Beg . Mar 2004 I will just fligt out to get my stamp to get my 90 days.

on 10 Mar 2004 I will apply again single re-entry permit for my trip to berlin.

however my visa will be kept till May 31, 2004 as schedule.

THank you for all your help, since last time I post this I was in rush then I decide go direct to the airport and check and talk with the officer. and he said i just apply for single entry, however i have to go out again on mar 6, 2004 by the lastest to get my 90 days.

and if i want to go out again on Mar 2004. i just need to apply for re-entry permit

thank you for all help

rgds/hendry

Hi Hendry,

MODIFIED 11/01/04

What you refer to as the Expiry date of your VISA - 31st May

is the final day on which you can ENTER Thailand, to be given

your second 90 days.

It sounds to me that you are going out early March JUST to get

your SECOND VISA Entry - why not get your Second Visa

when you come back from Berlin ?

If you get your second 90 day visa before you go to Berlin

then your visit to Berlin will be included in the Second 90 days.

So to maximise your stay in Thailand, it will be better to go to Berlin

- IF POSSIBLE - just before the expiry of your first visa (that is the

"Until" date stamped in your Passport)

What is the "Until" date in the Stamp that Airport Immigration

stamped in your Passport?

What is the Expiry date of the Re-Entry Permit?

Roger

HI Roger,

Thank u, and I do aware that i only wil go out only to take my stamp to get 90 days.

i try to modify my trip however it is quite difficult more me to do changes, since i only will go to berlin on mar 10, 2004 and my re-entry permit stamp till mar 6.

if i flight out from other destination to berlin, it will cause the same cost anyway.

so i might go out earlier than mar 6, 2004 since i have something to do as well just combine my work with my visa trip.

my expire date of visa may 31, 2004

thank you for your assistance.

hendry

Hi Hendry

So if you go out before 6th March

then go to Berlin then you can get

your second 90 day stay when you come back.

You will be given 90 days from the date of your arrival

So if you come back end of March you will have an

"Admitted Until" date at the end of JUNE

But you must come back before 31 May.

31st May is the LAST day you can enter Thailand

to claim your Second 90 day stay

31st May is the expiry date of the VALIDITY of the Visa.

The last day you can USE it to Enter for the second 90 days.

If you want to go out of Thailand and come back during this 90 days

you MUST get a NEW Re-Entry Permit

I hope this helps.

Please let us know what happens

so that we can help others.

Thanks

Roger

:o

Did this confuse anyone besides me?

as if you entered early Dec your should not have to depart until early Mar. As the visa is valid until the end of May you could then return for the second 90 day entry. If you want to maximize the visa you will need a re-entry permit for the January exit. If not you can just use your second entry when you return and be good for another 90 days.

For max visa use your travel during the 90 day entry period you will require a re-entry permit which will end at the same time as your current 90 day entry period. So if you only plan one exit during the first 90 days you only need a single re-entry permit for that. You then re-enter using that. At the end of the 90 days you exit again and enter using second visa entry (which gives you another 90 days regardless of the vise expiration date).

So, is Thai Immigration trying to make the process as confusing as possible?

Why not just issue a permanent visa (green card) to long stay folks for a fee and be done with visits to Immigration offices? And get rid of the extraneous exit visas. If the process was simpler, it would be easier to check on the illegals.

2 entries
i am get 1st stamp arrive beg dec and I must do 2nd stamp on beg feb 2004. since my visa will end on may 31, 2004

he used the first entry entering into Thailand in December

well, i am planning to go out of the country on this next 1-2 days, so it means beg jan.
he's leaving Thailand and going to re enter sometime soon, that would be the second and final entry of that visa. But he went and got a single entry re entry permit which will "preserve" one entry left
on 10 Mar 2004 I will apply again single re-entry permit for my trip to berlin.

leaving and returning again, this will be the last entry, no re entry permit is needed if he stays 90 days this time as the last entry on the visa gets him in and the entry stamp at the airport will carry him to mid May depending on how long he stays in Berlin. After that its either a visa run or extension until departing to go home.

Why not just issue a permanent visa (green card) to long stay folks for a fee and be done with visits to Immigration offices? And get rid of the extraneous exit visas. If the process was simpler, it would be easier to check on the illegals.

There is a permanent residence book that is available if one qualifies.