Tsingtao Beer To Open Brewery In Thailand

webfact

Tsingtao beer enjoys a great reputation among the Thai people for its century-old traditions of beer making

Really??

Yes, that line raised my eyebrows as well. Of course, Tsingtao Beer is available at every mom-and-pop corner shop even in the deepest province - NOT. That explains the excellent reputation it must without doubt enjoy among the "Thai people". Just ask any taxi driver or office worker what they think of Tsingtao Beer...

One of the things I really miss about the UK is the real ale, variety, style.colour and taste. I like the dark ones best for their healtier ingredients but they are all made the way beer should be and not mass produced "Euro Fizz" style. I have brought a bottle of BATEMANS XXXB with me for a special day, could be this friday TRAFALGAR DAY. Also have a bottle of Hall and Woodhouse's "BLANDFORD FLY" that would go down well here as it is a spicy 5.2% whereas XXB is a malty 4.8%.

If BOOTS did beer kits here I would be in heaven! In the mean time I await and hope for the Chinese chaps offering.

Tonight I will dream of PALMERS 200, SHARP'S CORNISH SPECIAL, MAULDON'S BLACK ADDER and SALISBURY'S SUMMER or WINTER LIGHTENING, one for the road, one for friday, NELSONS REVENGE from the NOrwich Brewery whose name escapes me!

Edited by nong38

If I was given a choice between bottles of Carlseburg and bottles of Tsing Tao , equaly cold , I would drink the bottles of Tsing Tao . If you haven't tried any , give it a go . Go on have a drink .

Carlsberg is miles ahead.

Agree, I've never liked Tsingtao, and find it slightly sweet. I think its success comes mainly from effective marketing and international distribution, drinking a 'Chinese' beer became trendy as China opened up in the '80s, and remains so.

If I was given a choice between bottles of Carlseburg and bottles of Tsing Tao , equaly cold , I would drink the bottles of Tsing Tao . If you haven't tried any , give it a go . Go on have a drink .

Carlsberg is miles ahead.

Agree, I've never liked Tsingtao, and find it slightly sweet. I think its success comes mainly from effective marketing and international distribution, drinking a 'Chinese' beer became trendy as China opened up in the '80s, and remains so.

Tsing Tao have an offshoot brew called Qui Quian ,or something close, and it is piss indeed . It comes in a green can . All hail the green can ! The Tsing Tao Stout is no bad either . The fact is they brew a variety and that can only be good for beer drinkers in Thailand . That's me finished up for today and i'm going across the road to the market for a long Kneck bottle of Tsing Tao before I head up the road .:D

Along with Archers, Tsingtao gave me a hangover I expected to die from. Unfortunately, as I was living in China, it didn't stop me drinking Tsingtao.

Doesn't taste too bad but the chemicals they used to preserve it (someone told me it was formaldehyde) creates the most serve headaches and head and face muscle pains I've ever had even just after two bottles.

Tsing Tao is actually a good beer... in so much as it is reasonably drinkable, and you can drink it (in China) until you fall over with only a little hangover... so it must be relatively pure...

On the other hand, I am extremely concerned about the Chinese jugernaught, they will screw the Thai's left right and centre. Over 20 years they will cripple Chang, Leo, Lao, through undercutting and dodgy deals, and once they fall over, triple the price so they can make money.

They will only use Chinese owned distributers.... They will import Chinese labour... They will ignore already low Industrial Relations Standards... They will ignore already low safety regulations...

They know their economy is about to crash, and are looking to stabilise it through revenue from easily accessable foreign markets, like Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe (and the US and Australia)...

One interesting question is who will be their Thai (51%) partner ? Have looked everywhere but cannot find a mention - or has the law changed to allow foreigners to brew and sell alcohol :whistling:

Hope it is pure Chinese owned! Else it is again Chang or Singha with a other label.