Be Aware

samson123

Girl friend.

When we went in MAKRO we got a big trouble and we were so embarrassed. Here’s the story:

We bought a lot of things/foods and we bought wine then we walked to pay, one of the staffs ran after us and talked in Thai which we didn't understand. we walked and paid for all the things and we left our things there in makro coz we still have to buy something outside. after an hour we went back in MAKRO just to get our things and 1 woman came up to us and spoke in thai my bf said i don’t speak thai. The drama was, she dropt her 500 on the floor and she accused my bf that he got it from the floor which is really not true...she said ok you are both not thai then i will call a police if you don’t give me 500!!!!It’s a very small amount of money only compare to what money we are earning. that money really nothing for us BUT the important thing is our dignity it doesn't cost B500 though....... she followed us when we supposed to get a taxi and she said she going to call the police.. We still insist that we will not give money coz we didn’t take her money anyway....

All the guards were there some staffs and people were looking at us that we are a thief u know....

Boyfriend.

And after all only one guy believed that we did nothing. HE WAS NOT THE ONE FROM STUFF OF MACRO though! He was the one who translated everything what's happening: that they are looking for witnesses, that u better do this and that.....

Finally that man came (who wanted to talk to us in thai before we paid)and he pointed on me and said that YES I got those 500 baht. So the man who helped us gave me a sign that we r in big trouble now,and he said u'd better pay 500.Then after i got all cash what I had and gave to that woman, Ofcource she didn’t accept so i gave to someone and i said IF U WANNA GET MONEY GET IT HAVE USE IT but u will never be happy with these. At the end we gave MACRO card to the manager who was present their(and he is very good in English, but never said even single word during all that)and we said U DONT KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF UR CUSTOMERS WE R NOT SHOPPING HERE ANY MORE!

That man who helped us, followed us and said YES I TRUST U, and he shaked my hand........

CONCLUSION:

GUYS DONT GO TO CHEAP PLACES AND TRY TO AVOID GOING ALONE

As for us, we decided not shopping in MAKRO any more only foodland and go only to those places where foreigners are.

If u experienced something like that pls let us know.

Everything happened in MAKRO charansanitwong branch close to PATTA pinklao

can't say I've ever had any problems like this in Thailand - maybe the OP looks too respectable?

just grow a bit of stubble , undo the top 2 buttons of your shirt and they all think you're some kind of mad deranged farang from the bad side.

Edited by Simon6973

why did you hand over the 500B - that's a lot of money here.

couldn't you just have told them to 'get ######ed' ?

Exactly - though inconvenient I'd would have got the police involved. You did exactly what she wanted.

Police involved in Thailand? Are you crazy?! Do you want the whole story to cost 100000 baht instead of 500?!

You should have said fuxx you bastards and ran to your taxi as fast as possible!

Anyway you decided not to come anymore to that place!

Give them the 2 finger salute and tell them to go and throw shit at the moon. I would have made them get the cops. Do they have cameras in the aisles at Makro? Sometimes good to be able to speak Thai. Stand up for yourself. Why didnt your boyfriend stand up to them?