Mighty Moe'S Deli

butterisbetter

At last, a real Deli has landed right in the heart of Chiang Mai. Close to Tha Pae Gate, Mighty Moe's Deli offers such traditional favorites as New York Style Corned Beef (Salt Beef to Britons) on Deli Rye, Pastrami Reubens, Rare Roast Beef Sandwiches, All Beef Hot Dogs, Coney Island Chili Dogs, and Bagels & Lox,

But we're not just about sandwiches. You can try our traditional breakfast favorites such as Cheese Blintzes, Pastrami & Eggs, and Corned Beef Hash with or without Poached Eggs.

And don't forget to leave room for our genuine New York Cheesecake.

Our Breads and Baked Goods come from Butter is Better, so you know that they are made the honest, old fashioned way. No Margarine!

BETTER BREAD MAKES BETTER SANDWICHES!!!

Address 404/4 Thapae Road (Next to Boots; at last stoplight before Tha Pae Gate)

Phone Number 053-874-359

GPS: 18.787992,98.993975

If you like, we can email you an Excel version of our menu.

post-43722-0-76203700-1319004121_thumb.j

post-43722-0-90265500-1319004395_thumb.j

post-43722-0-34608000-1319005881_thumb.j

post-43722-0-45671800-1319006878_thumb.j

post-43722-0-99685500-1319008250_thumb.j

post-43722-0-06580400-1319008272_thumb.j

post-43722-0-52102400-1319008389_thumb.j

post-43722-0-57062300-1319008450_thumb.j

post-43722-0-29119300-1319008537_thumb.j

post-43722-0-80116900-1319008711_thumb.j

post-43722-0-33155700-1319008731_thumb.j

post-43722-0-41588800-1319008861_thumb.j

post-43722-0-88742100-1319008875_thumb.j

post-43722-0-89726600-1319008952_thumb.j

Edited by butterisbetter

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried. Apparently, whatever system it is that the forum runs on won't accept files like this.

There's no way to display them as embedded items on the forum software, only images which the system directly supports. Files such as Excel, pdf, word docs are usually put on another server and a link to them supplied. Then they will show up on the PC software. If you have a website and can upload the file to it then supply a link here that will work.

GPS: 18.787992,98.993975

These coordinates in Google Maps show a side street off of Thapae Road?

The other day they showed the correct location, today they're a little bit off. If you do a close up view it shows the location of Boots which is right on the corner next to us.

The photos really look promising. I will definitely pay you guys a visit when i am in CM end of the month.

May i know what kind of beef you use for your sandwiches ?

For our roast beef it's New Zealand grass fed beef

Thanks for the info. I am drooling now.

Same for corn beef ?

Had the corned beef on rye a couple of days ago. FANTASTIC!! I'm still thinking about it but unfortunately I'm stuck in Bangkok so it will be a few days before I can get back for another one. It was really the best I've ever had.

The photos really look promising. I will definitely pay you guys a visit when i am in CM end of the month.

I dropped by a late morning to try the New Zealand roast beef sandwich.

I also ordered a cup of coffee. The coffee was good and the possibly

the hottest I've ever gotten here in Thailand, but the sandwich?

It was two slices of bread split in three, with a chunk of roast beef

in between. No tomato, no lettuce, and I only realized after eating the

mini-salad that came in a small separate finger-sized that it was the

"Mustard-Horseradish sauce" mentioned in the menu.

Having a few minutes earlier had no success in understanding whether

I could, as the menu seemed to indicate, chose between rare and medium

roasted beef when ordering the sandwich, I pondered, while eating one

of the three sandwich pieces, whether I should bother asking the staff

about the missing ingredients.

After chewing for a while I decided to ask, and after another moment of

confusion, I was brought a plate with three slices of tomato and some

lettuce. I had in the meantime finished the second of my three sandwich

pieces, so I ate two of the tomato slices there and then, and decorated

my last sandwich piece with the remaining slice and some lettuce.

In addition, the napkin my utensils were packed in was visibly stained

on the front, though the utensils looked clean.

Your mileage may vary of course, but I think I'll stick to Amazing

Sandwich myself, even though it's unfortunately some years since

they moved out of the centre.

PS. It appears one can not chose between rare and medium roasted beef

on the sandwich, which I'd agree would be quite unusual, though impressive,

if possible. At least I did my best to order the rare version, but got

something that was medium-to-well done.

post-42228-0-25980100-1319085497_thumb.j

post-42228-0-93628100-1319085604_thumb.j

Uhhh... I've never been to a real deli in my life (like the good ones we have in Beverly Hills) where they put lettuce and tomato on a deli sandwich. Go to Subway for that.

All the deli's I have been are outside Beverley Hills and have various sausage meats and cheese for sale.

Are you saying they were no good?

I notice no prices on the menu. I suspect they will be pricey. Have to drop in and give them a try. Any one know what there hours of operation are?

I dropped by a late morning to try the New Zealand roast beef sandwich.

I also ordered a cup of coffee. The coffee was good and the possibly

the hottest I've ever gotten here in Thailand, but the sandwich?

in between. No tomato, no lettuce, and I only realized after eating the

mini-salad that came in a small separate finger-sized that it was the

"Mustard-Horseradish sauce" mentioned in the menu.

Having a few minutes earlier had no success in understanding whether

I could, as the menu seemed to indicate, chose between rare and medium

roasted beef when ordering the sandwich, I pondered, while eating one

of the three sandwich pieces, whether I should bother asking the staff

about the missing ingredients.

After chewing for a while I decided to ask, and after another moment of

confusion, I was brought a plate with three slices of tomato and some

lettuce. I had in the meantime finished the second of my three sandwich

pieces, so I ate two of the tomato slices there and then, and decorated

my last sandwich piece with the remaining slice and some lettuce.

In addition, the napkin my utensils were packed in was visibly stained

on the front, though the utensils looked clean.

Your mileage may vary of course, but I think I'll stick to Amazing

Sandwich myself, even though it's unfortunately some years since

they moved out of the centre.

PS. It appears one can not chose between rare and medium roasted beef

on the sandwich, which I'd agree would be quite unusual, though impressive,

if possible. At least I did my best to order the rare version, but got

something that was medium-to-well done.

It [the sandwich] was two slices of bread split in three,…

First off, the sandwich is not 2 slices split into 3. It is 3 slices cut diagonally to make 1 ½ sandwiches which is our standard serviing. Which your photos clearly show.

…with a chunk of roast beef in between.

As for the chunk of roast beef, I am puzzled. Your own photo shows only slices of roast beef.

..and I only realized after eating the mini-salad that came in a small separate finger-sized that it was the "Mustard-Horseradish sauce" mentioned in the menu.

In your photo,I also see the mustard horseradish untouched in a small glass bowl right behind the salad.. The mini salad is a separate thing. Not even advertised. Something we just throw in.

Having a few minutes earlier had no success in understanding whether I could, as the menu seemed to indicate, chose between rare and medium roasted beef when ordering the sandwich

Our staff remembered you well and said one of their problems was that they couldn't understand your Thai. They tried to communicate with you in English and you refused . You probably would have had better luck since the staff is used to dealing with English restaurant words.

I pondered, while eating one of the three sandwich pieces, whether I should bother asking the staff about the missing ingredients.

Couldn't you have just asked about this before you started to eat the sandwich? Did it really require pondering? The staff should have included the tomato and lettuce in the sandwich. Perhaps they patronize that deli in Hollywood referred to in the following post. They told us that most patrons don't want it so they decided unilaterally not to include it. They shouldn't have. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

After chewing for a while I decided to ask, and after another moment of confusion, I was brought a plate with three slices of tomato and some lettuce.

Again, was there some kind of momentum issue involved? Once you start to eat you can't stop?

In addition, the napkin my utensils were packed in was visibly stained on the front, though the utensils looked clean.

Not good. I would have sent it back.

PS. It appears one can not chose between rare and medium roasted beef on the sandwich, which I'd agree would be quite unusual, though impressive, if possible. At least I did my best to order the rare version,...

Perhaps one could if one tried to accommodate the staff and used English as well as Thai. As noted before, the staff didn't understand your Thai.

I do want to thank you for taking photos, though. Since it shows that many of your comments were not as justified as they might have been and has set my mind considerably at rest.

Still, since the meat you got was medium or medium rare , and not rare, we will offer you a second sandwich and non alcoholic beverage at our expense. I will PM you a code word.

in between.

very strange post. you provide a picture of two thirds of a partially eaten, nice looking, rare roast beef sandwich and then go on a rant about not getting rare beef and lettuce, tomato and horseradish sauce, but all of them can be seen clearly in one of your photos. you are going to boycott the place because you had to ask them to bring it to you? i have not found many places in thailand where the service is perfect and Mighty Moe's food is really good.

i had a roast beef sandwich there yesterday and really enjoyed it, but the rueben sandwich is even better.

i have never been much impressed by amazing sandwich, but to each his own. .

Edited by frankr

It [the sandwich] was two slices of bread split in three,…

First off, the sandwich is not 2 slices split into 3. It is 3 slices cut diagonally to make 1 ½ sandwiches which is our standard serviing. Which your photos clearly show.

…with a chunk of roast beef in between.

As for the chunk of roast beef, I am puzzled. Your own photo shows only slices of roast beef.

I did not mean to imply it was a single clump of meat. It was an accumulation of slices of roast beef,

chunked/grouped/put together, or whatever word you want to use.

..and I only realized after eating the mini-salad that came in a small separate finger-sized that it was the "Mustard-Horseradish sauce" mentioned in the menu.

In your photo,I also see the mustard horseradish untouched in a small glass bowl right behind the salad.. The mini salad is a separate thing. Not even advertised. Something we just throw in.

Ah, that's nice. Please excuse my misunderstanding about this then.

Having a few minutes earlier had no success in understanding whether I could, as the menu seemed to indicate, chose between rare and medium roasted beef when ordering the sandwich

Our staff remembered you well and said one of their problems was that they couldn't understand your Thai. They tried to communicate with you in English and you refused . You probably would have had better luck since the staff is used to dealing with English restaurant words.

I do not wish to offend your staff, but I do not consider that correct. I think my Thai knowledge is

unfortunately virtually non-existent, so I would never attempt to use it in a situation as complex as this,

and would certainly not refuse to speak English. After trying to make myself understood in English by pointing to

the menu where it said rare or medium several times, it became obvious to me that this particular staff at least had no

idea what I was talking about, so I tried to use some Thai, but obviously had no more luck with that.

I pondered, while eating one of the three sandwich pieces, whether I should bother asking the staff about the missing ingredients.

Couldn't you have just asked about this before you started to eat the sandwich? Did it really require pondering? The staff should have included the tomato and lettuce in the sandwich. Perhaps they patronize that deli in Hollywood referred to in the following post. They told us that most patrons don't want it so they decided unilaterally not to include it. They shouldn't have. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Hehe. Yes, that might be the case. I'm afraid I have never frequented any of the undoubtedly fine

Deli's in Hollywood, so if that's how it's done there I can only apologise for my lack of culinary education.

Good luck I at least managed to keep my feet of the table, though it of course took quite a bit of self constraint

on my part.

But to be honest I did not immediately notice it. I started eating it, and was initially more interested in the bread,

which I due to your line of business of course had some special expectations towards. The bread was indeed very fine,

but after chewing for a while, I thought to myself that "hmm, the bread is fine, beef too, but why does this taste so dry? Is this all?". I then checked the menu again and saw that indeed there was supposed to be more to it.

After chewing for a while I decided to ask, and after another moment of confusion, I was brought a plate with three slices of tomato and some lettuce.

Again, was there some kind of momentum issue involved? Once you start to eat you can't stop?

No, not all all. Merely, I was not sure what was going to happen or whether it was worth bringing it up.

After pointing out the missing ingredients with the help of the menu, the staff apologised and indicated she

would fix it. First I wondered if she would come to take my plate back and adorn it with the missing ingredients,

so I waited a little. When that did not seem to be the case, I thought perhaps she would make me a new sandwich instead,

but wasn't really sure. Anyway, it was my very late breakfast, and the bread tasted very nice, so I thought I might as well continue to eat while I wait to see what happens.

In addition, the napkin my utensils were packed in was visibly stained on the front, though the utensils looked clean.

Not good. I would have sent it back.

Yes, I could have done that. But I'd be very surprised if anything else than wrapping a new napkin around the

utensils would be done on most restaurants here, which is of course pointless. The table had enough papernapkins,

so I could do that myself

if I wanted.

PS. It appears one can not chose between rare and medium roasted beef on the sandwich, which I'd agree would be quite unusual, though impressive, if possible. At least I did my best to order the rare version,...

Perhaps one could if one tried to accommodate the staff and used English as well as Thai. As noted before, the staff didn't understand your Thai.

Well, again I do not wish to offend your staff, but even though I might be as stupid as a brick, I would venture

to suggest some more training of at least some of the staff might be beneficial for your business.

I do want to thank you for taking photos, though. Since it shows that many of your comments were not as justified as they might have been and has set my mind considerably at rest.

Indeed, the proof is in the pudding.

Still, since the meat you got was medium or medium rare , and not rare, we will offer you a second sandwich and non alcoholic beverage at our expense. I will PM you a code word.

Thank you, but never mind that. Perhaps I will return in a few months when what is perhaps some startup problems have

been resolved.