How Full Is Hua Hin/Cha Am?

GreenSnapper

I live in Bangkok, but I'm thinking to move to Hua Hin for a 1-2 weeks due to the flooding here.

Not sure if this is a good idea, are hotels easily available or do they make use of the situation and demand ridiculous prices?

What do you think? Better hold on in BKK or move now as long it is still possible?

don't know about chaam but hua hin is packed i'm parking on the 5th floor of my condo when i usually park on the 2nd. traffic is really bad in town and also 7/11,tesco starting to run out of essentials like bread (not tesco), eggs, water etc.

i think its a public holiday here too so its doubling the effect

How about an update on Cha Am? Ive been evacuated from Ayuttaya and need somewhere for a month from the 1st of November.

We have a 6 month old baby so the quieter the better. (and cheaper!) Can i pay by the month?

House next to me is for rent, nice place, contact me

GreenSnapper, not sure of your budget, nor your familiarity with the Cha-am & Hua Hin areas, but I know there are plenty of townhouses that will rent on a monthly basis. I live in Hua Hin on Soi 80 -- the quiet soi behind the noisy bar soi -- and there are plenty of empty, furnished townhouses here. I suspect, though, that they'd want B12,000 for a single month even during the slow season now. (Rates are lower for long-term rentals.)

If you know your way around, and kind of know where you want to stay, a drive or walk in the neighborhood will probably find many "for rent" signs on places.

Cha Am is still pretty dead. There are noticeably more farangs here at the moment but it is really missing the regular Bangkok crowd, especially at the weekends.

You should have no place finding somewhere, in fact I was speaking to someone from Bangkok yesterday who is renting a place in Cha Am for the month for 4500 Baht - only small (1 Bedroom), pretty basic, WITH aircon, ideal for escaping the floods.

I'm in Hua Hin at the moment - There are plenty of cars here, I'm assuming an increase in population when compared to the usual levels. A look at the websites such as agoda and latestays shows plenty of rooms are still available.

Friends who have fled Bangkok over the last couple of days have 'holiday' Condo's here, apparently the Condo car parks are half full of cars from Bangkok.

A number of the hotels are full, but only this coming Saturday, perhaps due to advanced bookings for the long weekend more than any other reason.

I'm looking at extending my stay beyond Saturday to perhaps Tuesday - There are still plenty of available hotels, although I'm sure the more reasonably priced places will fill quite quickly in the next few days.

I'm also evaluating the possibility of booking a Condo or renting a house here for two weeks, but I'm waiting see how the weekend pans out.

In addition to my post above, Cha Am is certainly busier now than it was at the end of the week. My girlfriend and I have been tasked with finding her auntie and family somewhere to stay in Cha Am for the next month as they have had to evacuate Bangkok and rental properties are being taken pretty quickly.

I've heard stories of insurance companies travelling around the area renting a whole load of properties for their customers. Not sure if this is also happening in Hua Hin?

There is a big evacuation going on of Thai families to Hua Hin and Cha-Am so if you haven't secured a place to stay already, you better do it fast as by next week there may be little on offer. Hua Hin is already very busy with traffic and most of the license plates say "Krungthepmahanakhorn" (Bangkok).

Pranburi (rooms) very full already also

Just returned from the centre of Hua-Hin this afternoon and it is absolutely full of vehicles. I have heard that nearly all the condos and hotels etc are fully booked , but I can't be sure as this is just local gossip. If you cannot get accomodation in HH just travel further south about 10kms to Khoa Toa/ Khoa Takiab lots of accomodation in this area and Pranburi about another 10kms again lots of accomodation of all sorts.

Villa Market nearly empty shelves re meat etc, but Makro in Pranburi still plenty of veg/ fruit and meats, but sold out of rice I believe; don't know about water.

Hope this helps

Just returned from the centre of Hua-Hin this afternoon and it is absolutely full of vehicles. I have heard that nearly all the condos and hotels etc are fully booked , but I can't be sure as this is just local gossip. If you cannot get accomodation in HH just travel further south about 10kms to Khoa Toa/ Khoa Takiab lots of accomodation in this area and Pranburi about another 10kms again lots of accomodation of all sorts.

Villa Market nearly empty shelves re meat etc, but Makro in Pranburi still plenty of veg/ fruit and meats, but sold out of rice I believe; don't know about water.

Hope this helps

Its pretty much the same in Cha Am, the place is packed, which is very unusual for Cha Am! Yesterday at the local Tesco's most of shelves were empty. There was no water, rice, meat, fruit, fish sauce, tinned fish, fruit juice etc. It's mad!

Hope this helps

Its pretty much the same in Cha Am, the place is packed, which is very unusual for Cha Am! Yesterday at the local Tesco's most of shelves were empty. There was no water, rice, meat, fruit, fish sauce, tinned fish, fruit juice etc. It's mad!

Our resort in Samroiyod (30 mins sth of Hua Hin) has rooms available starting again tomorrow.

We had longstay guests escaping the floods book all our rooms out.

Most are heading back due to work requirements.

www.away-huahin.com

I rent out my villa in Cha-am and number of inquiries from people escaping Bangkok increased greatly.

However, looks like most are planning to go back after this weekend but that depends on floods and if they worsen over the weekend.

My place is available again from 13th November. rentmythaivilla.com