Reds Blame Floods On Previous Government

KRS1

I was flipping through the WETV channels and stopped on the red tv station, and can't believe what i heard...there was a guy on there that actually blamed the previous government for the floods. It was just dumbfounding how some of these people can have such an audacity to lie so blatantly...but even worse some will actually believe it.

Having smarts is not one of the requirements to be a red shirt.

I see on the Thailand General Forum where Yingluck is calling for all parties to work together in this crises I would call it a emergency but she dosen't agree with me on that.

Be nice if she could get some help from the red shirts. As it is I would bet many of them are volunteering on their own. Nothing to do with the red shirt political aims.:(

I was going to say "unbelievable". But its not actually, the Kwais will believe anything thrown at them and the shame is that these poor people are the ones that suffer at the hands of the lying and cheating manipulators. That's Thai society. I have an ex-wife like that. Lying, manipulating, cheating. Endemic in this society.

The Government has still not called a Sate Of Emergency.

How many more people need to die before they act.

As i read earlier, Yingluck is surrounded by her brothers cronies.

Nothing will happen until she steps up and takes control.:huh:

The Government has still not called a Sate Of Emergency.

How many more people need to die before they act.

As i read earlier, Yingluck is surrounded by her brothers cronies.

Nothing will happen until she steps up and takes control.:huh:

[/quote

Not sure her taking control would be a pleasant experience for anyone. At least the present death sentence has an appeal process, prior to the inevitable outcome.

Blame years of zero planning by successive governments going way back beyond Khun T himself.

When I first came to Thailand 30 odd years ago it was common knowledge that Bangkok was subsiding.

john

There are 7 provinces that have been hit, BKK has been hit the least.

Planning has already been set out many years ago to catch water by his Majesty, but unfortunately Thaksin gave the green light to build an airport right in the middle of it knowing that this area was to be used to catch flood run off.

I was going to say "unbelievable". But its not actually, the Kwais will believe anything thrown at them and the shame is that these poor people are the ones that suffer at the hands of the lying and cheating manipulators. That's Thai society. I have an ex-wife like that. Lying, manipulating, cheating. Endemic in this society.

Yeah, and they smell funny too. Deport those blaggards, I say, deport them all!

T

I heard a very detailed explanation of this from a taxi driver tonight who explained that Abhisit had deliberately withheld permission for water to be released from the dams. He believes that the Dems knew they would lose the election and hatched a plot to deliberately flood red shirt strongholds to the North of the city, assuming that Bangkok would be saved which would alienate Pheua Thai from its power base in Central Thailand.

Blame years of zero planning by successive governments going way back beyond Khun T himself.

When I first came to Thailand 30 odd years ago it was common knowledge that Bangkok was subsiding.

john

Planning has already been set out many years ago to catch water by his Majesty, but unfortunately Thaksin gave the green light to build an airport right in the middle of it knowing that this area was to be used to catch flood run off.

Not a Big T supporter but from what I have read the planning for the airport had been in different stages for 20 years it was Big T who finally said stop planning build it.

john

Not a Big T supporter but from what I have read the planning for the airport had been in different stages for 20 years it was Big T who finally said stop planning build it.

As also a 20+ year veteran here, I basically agree with the truth of what you say.

But this is Thailand and please do not fall into the trap of letting the truth even partially compare the the rumor fact that may come from your wife's hairdressers, cousin, who knows a noodle shop owner very well that knows what she heard at an adjoining stall.

whistling.gif

john

More like this:

- The buildings, facilities etc., had been planned something like 30 years before by an offshore airport design company, plans fully completed. But WHERE had not been decided.

- There had been stop / start discussions over many years about location with no progress and not many suggestions. Swampy seemed to came back as the best suggestion but mostly because it was the only suggestion, but under strong criticism because it is a massive natural swamp.

- The paymaster gave the instruction to go ahead with little further investigation and no update to the original plans for the buildings, facilities etc., totally ignoring suggestions that all the good lessons learned in airport design in the previous 20 / 30 years, the new technologies etc., be incorporated into the design before building started.

- It went ahead quickly with instructions to complete it within a short time.

- It opened for business with many facilities incomplete or not in good working order

Edited by scorecard

And that lady's and gentlemen (scoecards account)with numerous name changes could just about fit any major project undertaken throughout the LOS. The perchance for funds to be somewhat misappropriated before, during and after the projects may have been the most closely monitored of all the tasks involved.

john

f

True and for anyone who has spent sometime living in Bangkok they would be aware of the 100's of canals(klongs) that criss cross the city.Over time these canals ,remembering in years gone past most people used to travel by boat,have been allowed to silt up to the point they have no capacity for water and even some have had roads built over them.Yingluck's instruction to dredge the canals in 2 days shows her total lack of knowledge.Even if you started today to dredge and remove many years of silt it would take months if not years.Successive Governments have ignored the fact that one day flood waters of a huge magnitude would work there way south.That day has arived and its sheer negligence on their part. The mainly poor are suffering and when its all over nothing will be done for the next time the inevitable happens.

john

Amen! And Thai governments are not the only fools in this world. :whistling: