Information Needed On The 3 Seaside Condos In Banchang

VegasVic

A friend of my wife is looking to buy a condo in Thailand and seems interested in the Banchang area. My recolection of Banchang is that it is a quiet and semi rural community with reasonable (mostly thai food) restuarants at the beach, although I must admit the beaches were not not especially nice or clean when I was last there. In looking back at previous posts here I noticed that poster "banchang" either lives or did live at Payoon garden cliff condo and had a very favorable impresion of that development, although it seems to be the easternmost and remote condo deveopment of the 3 I found. The Banchang Cliff Beach Condos are the westernmost and therfore closest to the central beach area where pala and payoon meet and this development also seemms to have the most units for sale and the most information available, although this is apparently the only one of the 3 that is not located directly on the beach. The last of the 3 is the Cliff View condos which is between the other 2, although much closer to the Banchang Cliff beach development, and has very limited information available about it on the intertnet and also very few units for sale. If poster "banchang" still posts here or if there is anyone out there who is familiar with these condo developments and has any information (positive or negative) about them, or has a unit for sale themselves, any information would be greatly appreciated TIA for any replies! Also what is going on with the use of the word "Cliff" in all of these condo developments, I don't recall any cliffs at the beaches of Banchang?

I can confirm there is a cliff only about 30 meter's high as for condos most are old and need of refurbishment I see they seem cheap.

A Canadian man Named Peter has refurbished 3 or 4 as I remember. Beautiful and right on the beach. I will try and contact him and tell him to post.

I can confirm there is a cliff only about 30 meter's high as for condos most are old and need of refurbishment I see they seem cheap.

A Canadian man Named Peter has refurbished 3 or 4 as I remember. Beautiful and right on the beach. I will try and contact him and tell him to post.

Thanks Kerry, I look forward to gaining any information that is current about the condos and the area. I don't think my wifes friend and her husbund are heading over there until after New Years so there is no rush, but any information would be quite wecomed by them.

When I looked at the Payoon Cliff condos 5 years ago they were not cheap and came without a kitchen so I was not interested.

Pattaya parent, That was my impression as well, the Payoon Cliff condos seemed quite a bit more expensive and also a bit more remote, but the development does look very nice.

John, I remember taking the road that boarders Utapao from Eastern Star GC down to Pala beach and I seem to remember winding up right on the beach with no noticeable elevation change, perhaps the cliff you speak of is a few miles to the east of Pala beach closer to the industrial district? As for the condos that I have found about 60% seem to be already refurbished(and some quite reasonably priced) while the other 40% are in dire need of refurbishment. I guess the most important question is in what shape are the individual buildings and are they professionally managed (yes I know this is Thailand), because even if someone gets a good deal on a refurbished condo, if the complex is in the dumps then it really isn't a good deal.

As I have said before payoon garden cliff is a very well managed building. They were built for Bangkok Thais as weekend and holiday homes so kitchens are only a small corner of the living area except in the larger 3 bed units. They do tend to be quite pricey but some bargains can de found.

Most of the ones that face maptaput are for sale but you don't get a sea view.

As for the area it's very quiet and yor own transport is a must. Some great seafood resturants line the beach.

We have direct access to the beach that is cleaned every morning by the condo staff. The sea isn't crystal clear like ko samet but I think this is due to the silty nature of the sand.

As for the "cliff" there is one towards westerly end of the beach that gets smaller untill by us it's just a bit of a slope. Payoon garden slope wouldn't be quit the same.

• 1 month later...

John, I remember taking the road that boarders Utapao from Eastern Star GC down to Pala beach and I seem to remember winding up right on the beach with no noticeable elevation change, perhaps the cliff you speak of is a few miles to the east of Pala beach closer to the industrial district? As for the condos that I have found about 60% seem to be already refurbished(and some quite reasonably priced) while the other 40% are in dire need of refurbishment. I guess the most important question is in what shape are the individual buildings and are they professionally managed (yes I know this is Thailand), because even if someone gets a good deal on a refurbished condo, if the complex is in the dumps then it really isn't a good deal.

link here - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=phala+beach+thailand&hl=en&ll=12.666676,101.050143&spn=0.017041,0.030556&hq=phala+beach+thailand&t=h&z=15&vpsrc=6

this shows phala beach on the extream left, which is the beach you refered to as you drive along to the beach with the airport on your right, all the condo's are further along to the east, but as posted they are on a cliff, there is a new complex being built next door to the older ones, there is also a condo block across the road from the cliff edge condos, this block was completly empty a few years back, but some repairs/renevations have been carried out, there are some 3/4 story houses a little futher along, a lot of these have also been renovated, they have a lot of half levels, with some rooms at the front and others at the back with a sea view, if not for the trees.

link here - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=phala+beach+thailand&hl=en&ll=12.666676,101.050143&spn=0.017041,0.030556&hq=phala+beach+thailand&t=h&z=15&vpsrc=6

this shows phala beach on the extream left, which is the beach you refered to as you drive along to the beach with the airport on your right, all the condo's are further along to the east, but as posted they are on a cliff, there is a new complex being built next door to the older ones, there is also a condo block across the road from the cliff edge condos, this block was completly empty a few years back, but some repairs/renevations have been carried out, there are some 3/4 story houses a little futher along, a lot of these have also been renovated, they have a lot of half levels, with some rooms at the front and others at the back with a sea view, if not for the trees.

The spot highlighted on the Google map is the Phala Cliff Beach Resort, which is a hotel, not condos, and the new building next to it looks like an extension to the hotel. The "3/4 storey houses further along" are the Milford apartments, which look absolutely Eastern-European-grim from the outside, but a single apartment can be rented for about 4000baht a month. I understand that a few people have knocked two together and done them up, so that for 8000baht monthly they have a spacious 2-bed apartment with a sea view.