PM Yingluck Declines To Declare SOE For Fear Of Affecting Foreign Investors Confidence

webfact

But you don't mention that the pupeteer will have no doubt told his clone that allowing the military to win some brownie points doesn't help his overall long-term objectives.

- Could make the military look very humanitarian and therefore water down suggestions that they are just killers as suggested (a million times) by the pupeteer, the red thugs,amsterdam, etc etc.

- The military are actually nice guys who always have the best interests of Thailand and Thai people at the forefront of their actions whatever they do.

Again, the selfish pupeteeer, who surrounded his very inexperienced very unprepared little sister with a gang of totally incapable, totally insincere ministers (read leeches), who have contributed nothing of value in trying to manage the enormous problems brought with this years floods and none of them have contributed (not ever, not only since they have become ministers) to the pupeteers' claims of full quality democracy, equal justice for all all, no double standards.

Ignoring the childish language, there is in fact a bit of a puzzle about the relatively few numbers of army personnel involved in the flood relief exercise.As a comment on the NM site puts it

"Another very odd circumstance ... is that out of an Army of 300,000 plus, only 20 to 40,000 soldiers were mobilized to do flood work. What are all the other soldiers doing? There’s no imminent danger from Burma, Laos or Cambodia. Are they all providing security for BKK condos and shopping centers and military owned niteclubs? Where are all the motorized watercraft the military has? Why aren’t they out in the flooded areas? Where are the helicopters? Why aren’t there 200,000 soldiers helping? Where is the Thai Navy and their small boats?"

Can't you guys stop this for a moment. The topic is "PM declines to declare SoE for fear of obsetting foreign investers'. The Army is helping, but for that for which they got permission from the PM or the Minister of Defence.

BTW the Thai military have about 306,000 personel total. Even if upto 200,000 would be useful for flood related issues, you need a bit of logistics in place before you just let that number of people start to do something. 200,000 would need to gather somewhere, need instructions, materiel, food/water, transport, etc., etc. With 40,000 mobilised we seem to have a reasonable number and the FROC directing their activities. Some special areas of interest put under military responsibility directly (HM the King's hospital, some palaces, temples, etc.)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignoring the childish language, there is in fact a bit of a puzzle about the relatively few numbers of army personnel involved in the flood relief exercise.As a comment on the NM site puts it

"Another very odd circumstance ... is that out of an Army of 300,000 plus, only 20 to 40,000 soldiers were mobilized to do flood work. What are all the other soldiers doing? There’s no imminent danger from Burma, Laos or Cambodia. Are they all providing security for BKK condos and shopping centers and military owned niteclubs? Where are all the motorized watercraft the military has? Why aren’t they out in the flooded areas? Where are the helicopters? Why aren’t there 200,000 soldiers helping? Where is the Thai Navy and their small boats?"

I would suspect that 40000 is probably all that they can deploy! It's all very fine having 10000 conscripts in varying stages of training in let us say Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai, but if you don't have the transport to move them, the communications to command and control them, and the logistical train to feed them, supply them with fuel, water etc, then they are unusable. Sadly most of these 300000 exist only to massage the egos of the generals who command them!

It's sad to see this kind of stupidity and ignorance, even from the farang red shirts at NM. What chance do people in red villages have when they are told every day the flood is caused by the military and democrats who are purposely doing this to punish them?

Unless the military is suppose to build human bridges or human walls against the water, what would 300,000 of them do better than 40,000?

I don't even wanna think about the logistics involved to house and feed them all...

Unless the military is suppose to build human bridges or human walls against the water, what would 300,000 of them do better than 40,000?

I don't even wanna think about the logistics involved to house and feed them all...

Before discussing numbers it might be good to get some verification and corroboration of numbers provided by an anonymous forum poster quoting another forum's anonymous poster.

e]

Cromwell was mai sanuk mak mak. The Thais simply would not understand him.

He wasn't much appreciated by the Irish either.

Who is/was this Cromwell person ?

cromwell-cooper100c1.jpg

Oliver Cromwell (25 April 1599 – 3 September 1658)

was an English military and political leader, who overthrew the English monarchy and temporarily turned England into a republican Commonwealth, and served as Lord Protector of England, Scotland, and Ireland.

Edited by animatic

I am wondering if there is a plan afoot for a mass evacuation of Bangkok - I would certainly hope that in a worst case scenario that such a plan exists.

Since this would need significant resources, manpower and planning it might explain the 'missing' soldiers if indeed they are missing at all. It would also explain some of the other anomalies and actions.

The preparations would need to be carried out out of the glare of publicity to avoid panic.

It would need managing by someone very senior with considerable power/authority - might explain the 'missing' DPM???

You would not want to call a SOE if the military was already working on this quietly and if there was already a steady flow of ppl already leaving the area which, judging from traffic reports here and elsewhere, is happenning significantly.

You would also want to buy as much time as possible if people were already leaving voluntarily which might explain some of the mixed messages and lack of 'truth' coming out.

This does make some logical sense from what I am seeing which, being Thailand, probably means I couldn't be further from the truth :unsure:

I am wondering if there is a plan afoot for a mass evacuation of Bangkok - I would certainly hope that in a worst case scenario that such a plan exists.

Since this would need significant resources, manpower and planning it might explain the 'missing' soldiers if indeed they are missing at all. It would also explain some of the other anomalies and actions.

The preparations would need to be carried out out of the glare of publicity to avoid panic.

It would need managing by someone very senior with considerable power/authority - might explain the 'missing' DPM???

You would not want to call a SOE if the military was already working on this quietly and if there was already a steady flow of ppl already leaving the area which, judging from traffic reports here and elsewhere, is happenning significantly.

You would also want to buy as much time as possible if people were already leaving voluntarily which might explain some of the mixed messages and lack of 'truth' coming out.

This does make some logical sense from what I am seeing which, being Thailand, probably means I couldn't be further from the truth :unsure:

This does make enough sense that I doubt it is happening here.

Though I certainly hope they can figure out how to house 2-3 million displaced persons for 2 weeks.

Who is/was this Cromwell person ?

He was the Grinch who stole Christmas, 17th century version.

No, he was the Grinch that made sure you got very practical coal in you stockings from Christmas. Anything more flamboyant wouldn't have been proper.

wai.gif

Edited by animatic

But you don't mention that the pupeteer will have no doubt told his clone that allowing the military to win some brownie points doesn't help his overall long-term objectives.

- Could make the military look very humanitarian and therefore water down suggestions that they are just killers as suggested (a million times) by the pupeteer, the red thugs,amsterdam, etc etc.

- The military are actually nice guys who always have the best interests of Thailand and Thai people at the forefront of their actions whatever they do.

Again, the selfish pupeteeer, who surrounded his very inexperienced very unprepared little sister with a gang of totally incapable, totally insincere ministers (read leeches), who have contributed nothing of value in trying to manage the enormous problems brought with this years floods and none of them have contributed (not ever, not only since they have become ministers) to the pupeteers' claims of full quality democracy, equal justice for all all, no double standards.

"Another very odd circumstance ... is that out of an Army of 300,000 plus, only 20 to 40,000 soldiers were mobilized to do flood work. What are all the other soldiers doing? There's no imminent danger from Burma, Laos or Cambodia. Are they all providing security for BKK condos and shopping centers and military owned niteclubs? Where are all the motorized watercraft the military has? Why aren't they out in the flooded areas? Where are the helicopters? Why aren't there 200,000 soldiers helping? Where is the Thai Navy and their small boats?"

You can't have it both ways. They can either do what they are specifically directed to do as they are now; through mixed up communication channels, from leaders with dubious backgrounds in the operations they are leading. OR you can call a state of emergency whereby the Army uses it's chain of command to affect remedies as best they can, in line with their personnel, equpment, logistics and training.

You know how Thais work. Their managers don't give anyone carte blanche to use their resources as they see fit to bring about a stated objective. They issue orders one at a time. Often illogical and counterproductive. Thai management practices center around everyone knowing who the boss is, not resolving issues.

Edited by serenitynow

Though I certainly hope they can figure out how to house 2-3 million displaced persons for 2 weeks.

Bearing in mind I was talking about worst case scenario it would need to allow more than 2 weeks - the PM already mentioned 6.

Wild speculation would include a SOE that includes temporary requisition of all hotels in eastern seaboard along with a block on tourists coming into the area. That would be assuming they can get in anyway :(

Bearing in mind I was talking about worst case scenario it would need to allow more than 2 weeks - the PM already mentioned 6.

Wild speculation would include a SOE that includes temporary requisition of all hotels in eastern seaboard along with a block on tourists coming into the area. That would be assuming they can get in anyway :(

Well... it was just reported that she told 12 million

Bangkok residents to leave by tomorrow.

Without apparently the slightest hint where to go.

If this isn't an actual State Of Emergency I don't know how else to describe it.

I agree with your requisitioning of east coast hotels and the like.

But it also was reported that a river between Suvarnabuhmi and Pattaya

has breached it's banks, but maybe not yet blocking the highway, but if it does, that would cut off a pile of hotels.

And what about some increased security at airports as people become

more and more desperate for the relatively few available seats?

They should have been encouraging people to leave Bangkok (along with a lot of other things) a couple of days ago when they started opening Bangkok's flood gates. It became obvious then that Bangkok would not escape being flooded.

The first grade (kindergarten) lesson for disaster response is get people out of the disaster zone (high risk area). It's much much easier to take care of people if they are in places where you can easily deliver food, water, etc. All those evacuation centers should have been located outside the disaster area. Some idiot FROC person today said that evac centers should be near to people's flooded homes. They will be evacuating Don Muang and Tammasat and most of those other places before this is over.

Edited by rogerdee123

They should have been encouraging people to leave Bangkok (along with a lot of other things) a couple of days ago when they started opening Bangkok's flood gates. It became obvious then that Bangkok would not escape being flooded.

The first grade (kindergarten) lesson for disaster response is get people out of the disaster zone (high risk area). It's much much easier to take care of people if they are in places where you can easily deliver food, water, etc. All those evacuation centers should have been located outside the disaster area. Some idiot FROC person today said that evac centers should be near to people's flooded homes. They will be evacuating Don Muang and Tammasat and most of those other places before this is over.

Have they actually opened the flood gates yet?