Salary Survey

crankman

I think you will find most expats here but not out of choice will be on minimum 10K US$ month packages, often +++ (Housing, car, pension) and a lot of them also have flexibility in how its paid.

Many expats that have their own business here will be showing a lower salary and then paying themselves dividends, most of which are not taxed or declared.

The really smart ones will be declaring the minimum amount required for whatever lifestyle they want (i.e 60k is not going to cut it if you want platinum Amex card in Thailand, BMW or Benz etc etc and living in prestigious condo) as can draw too much attention to the low salary supporting such a lifestyle, however the real money will be accruing offshore and then if required sent into Thailand in a subsequent tax year to avoid quite legally personal income tax as income is generated outside of Thailand through offshore discretionary trusts. Hong Kong is one such place to work very well as are the Channel Islands for such situations.

ah this one then w*rk, j*b, etc....

:o

As a resort manager in LOS, my salary was two packs of LM red, Half a case of Chang Yai and a bungalow, oh and three meals..... per day, plus visa runs uintil I got my non imm B visa.

As a teacher, fukc all but stress, love and respect, and satisfaction. The last three adjectives in the bar of an evening.

ah this one then w*rk, j*b, etc....

As a resort manager in LOS, my salary was two packs of LM red, Half a case of Chang Yai and a bungalow, oh and three meals..... per day, plus visa runs uintil I got my non imm B visa.

As a teacher, fukc all but stress, love and respect, and satisfaction. The last three adjectives in the bar of an evening.

Best post of the thread by far, kayo. :D

My lousy 65K seems to pale into insignificance compared to some figuers posted here :D But then again, I havent worked since 1999 :D and still have to wait for the Superannuation payout in another 6 years :o Followed by the Aged Pension 10 years after that :D:D Oh happy days.

I/m  in  the  second  oldest  profession  known  to  man...............i  make  enough.

http://politics-the-2nd-oldest-profession.blogspot.com/ ?? :D

Interesting that Torny i've just Googled it and there does seem to be some debate about whats number and 2 and whats number 3............only glad i didn't make the mistake of typing the oldest profession. :D