PM Defends Necessity For Flood Water To Be Drained Through Bangkok

webfact

I find the mentality of some posters truly amazing, I'm sure if a meteor were to strike Bangkok they would blame it on Yingluck's government. Opening the gates and letting the water through is the most sensible thing to do to avert a worse disaster. Why it was not done sooner was because too many self interested people in expensive areas of Bangkok wanted to keep their feet dry at the expense of everyone else. It is these people who control governments, any government. Thailand is not a democracy, it is a plutocracy pretending to be a democracy.

How do you know any of the above for a fact? You don't. It's hot air and rhetoric.

" It's hot air and rhetoric. " I'm sorry, I did not realise that anti government posters had the monopoly in this area.laugh.gif

It is your pathetic and small minded 'feet dry at the expense of everyone else' comments that offend.

Ah, did it strike a sensitive nerve then?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So easy to say when it cannot be put to the test, I'm sure Abhisit will be flattered by your faith in his abilities. I seem to remember the last time there was a need for public communication he was cowering in an army barracks.

"So easy to say when it cannot be put to the test" ... :rolleyes: So you can say that Abhisit couldn't do it, but I'm not allowed to say that Abhisit could do it. :ermm:

Abhisit may have been in the army barracks, but the government was managing the information that was coming out. There weren't any announcements that were quickly retracted by others. There wasn't continuous shuffling of the "official" people giving out the information.

You obviously can say and believe what you like, I just happen to disagree with you. If you find that a problem my apologiesjap.gif

I am not interested in making political capital out of this situation, I am a scientist, I am also watching millions of tons of water rushing past my village. No human, not even Abhisit could stop this flood, Perhaps you should read the story of King Canute and the waves.

I find the mentality of some posters truly amazing, I'm sure if a meteor were to strike Bangkok they would blame it on Yingluck's government. Opening the gates and letting the water through is the most sensible thing to do to avert a worse disaster. Why it was not done sooner was because too many self interested people in expensive areas of Bangkok wanted to keep their feet dry at the expense of everyone else. It is these people who control governments, any government. Thailand is not a democracy, it is a plutocracy pretending to be a democracy.

clap2.gif + maybe it is possible to avoid un-necessary and not relevant posts

You obviously can say and believe what you like, I just happen to disagree with you. If you find that a problem my apologiesjap.gif

I am not interested in making political capital out of this situation, I am a scientist, I am also watching millions of tons of water rushing past my village. No human, not even Abhisit could stop this flood, Perhaps you should read the story of King Canute and the waves.

Is anyone suggesting that Yingluck should stop the floods?

Yeah, all very funny and enlighting and "Happy YS bashing" to you, too! Has anyone ever thought about the following fact: it is a LOOOOOOOONG weekend and many Thais ("mai pen rai") have gone outside BKK to have a small holliday. And as stupid and as useless as this seems right now, maybe they want to give them a chance to come back HOME, before it get's drowned in 1 meter of stinking floodwater. So my best guess would be: they will open the gates on Monday night!

Yeah, all very funny and enlighting and "Happy YS bashing" to you, too! Has anyone ever thought about the following fact: it is a LOOOOOOOONG weekend and many Thais ("mai pen rai") have gone outside BKK to have a small holliday. And as stupid and as useless as this seems right now, maybe they want to give them a chance to come back HOME, before it get's drowned in 1 meter of stinking floodwater. So my best guess would be: they will open the gates on Monday night!

Isn't that one of the major problems? Everyone is guessing.

Thank you for another (a rarity!) showing of sensible posting!! Yesss, those up high will always have their (spoiled) say!!! Incl.... HIGH up

They need to get this going ASAP.

I figure 1 or 2 days for us to get an idea of what areas will flood for the 6 to 8 weeks.

Once they get it going & it stabilizes, we can start to figure out how we are going to handle it.

In the meantime, we are all in limbo.

Totally different tune from you when i suggested the same yesterday. Here we are still flooded in rising water. But not as hard hit as other villages.

I hope for you guys it will be as much as it is here.

Not at all.

Yesterday you were talking about burning down shopping malls and I was pointing out that your malice towards residents of Bangkok were misplaced.

Nothing at all has changed. Bangkok residents have not made any decision to let water in as it is still not our decision to make.

You made a fool of yourself yesterday and tried to backtrack.

Anyway, I do commend your 'village' for keeping the internet up despite you being waist deep in water. Have you thought of lending a hand instead of posting here all day ?

Could you tell me where i said anything about burning down shopping malls ?

Yesterday i was saying that Bangkok should take water preferably voluntary to get it all passed quicker. If they did not i did wish them to get flooded. (wont deny that) But never said a thing about burning down anything.

I have done my fair share of helping. Building sandbag dykes, distributing water. (my purifier was one of the few still functioning).

But not much to do now i mean we just have to wait.

post-143103-0-86225900-1319427979_thumb.