Extention Of Non Imm 'o' Visa

Hi,

Right now I have a Non Imm 'O' expiring on Dec 5. I am in the process of finalising my marriage papers to a Thai national (male). Does anyone know if I can get an extention for a month just while I sort my papers out please?

Thanks in advance,

Seonai

I assume you have an entry that expires on Dec 5 and that your visa has already been used for the one entry it allowed? And that you are female?

You could visit immigration with husband and ask but not sure what you mean by finalizing your papers as you either are or are not married and this is only done at a District Office here in Thailand. If you have the certificate you are married - if not you are not married.

Hi Lopburi,

I mean we have done the religios ceremony but I still have to go up to BKK to get the embassy and MFA papers before I can register the marriage.

Therefore, I was wondering if IMM would give me an extra month to do that?

What you think?

Seonai

I would get moving and do it as this (Embassy/MFA/Registration in Love District) is normally not more than a 3 day process and then you both go to immigration and apply for the 12 month extension prior to Dec. 5. Other girls can fill in details as the process seems to be a little different than foreign male but once you have the marriage registered an extension would probably be easy.