Vehicle Touch-Up Paint / Pen

Drew Aitch

Hi Forum

Got a few chips through to the metal on the ole Mountain bike, so would like to touch them up before the rust sets in. I've been to 3 bike shops (including a motorcycle dealer), but can't seem to find a touch-up pen, or even a little tin or enamel type paint of similar colour anywhere.

I do like to take care after my things, so any suggestions as to where I might look next much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Aitch

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to default size.

Thanks for the replies folks. I'll take a look around these places next time I'm in the malls.

Ref Nail Polish: You probably mean nail varnish KRS1? I did think of that, and i also had a look around a number of stalls, but I couldn't find anything close to navy blue. But even if i had, i noticed these varnishes seem to be translucent so wouldn't really cover white chips properly anyway.

Cheers Guys

Aitch

the classic way is to use hobby kit model paint like testors and apply a matching color and then seal with clear nail polish. Those kinds of shops stock lots of paint colors to complete the various models like airplanes, cars etc.

Find any place that sells hobby kits around town. Lots of them.

Good reply. They come in small jars so can buy a few and mix and match to suit your needs.

the classic way is to use hobby kit model paint like testors and apply a matching color and then seal with clear nail polish. Those kinds of shops stock lots of paint colors to complete the various models like airplanes, cars etc.

Find any place that sells hobby kits around town. Lots of them.

Good reply. They come in small jars so can buy a few and mix and match to suit your needs.

I'll 2nd that...just make sure the scratch is cleaned with some alcohol or grease cleaner before...the nail polish/varnish will work too and you can put a clear over it...the Thai markets can supply all the colors you can think of...:jap: