Flooding Forecast In Cm For Tourists?

Jingthing

My understanding is that further south/Bangkok flooding problems are expected for the next 4 to 6 weeks.

How about CM?

Is there any flooding now?

When it rains there, do you still get new floods?

What is the 4-6 week forecast for CM?

In other words, can tourists go there soon and not worry, or not?

Dry as a bone here.

Been no rain for several days and I am back to watering the plants in my garden again.

Now the weather is turning a bit nippy, winter is drawing in and it appears the risk of flooding to Chiang Mai is over.

That`s the end of the BJ weather forecast for today.

Now the weather is turning a bit nippy, winter is drawing in and it appears the risk of flooding to Chiang Mai is over.

Bit nippy?unsure.gif

It's currently 30 degrees with a low of 21 forecast tonight - just perfect when it drops a few more degrees.

Where are you from....Death Valley? biggrin.gif

Bit nippy?unsure.gif

It's currently 30 degrees with a low of 21 forecast tonight - just perfect when it drops a few more degrees.

Yeah yeah.. But last night I forgot to turn the fan on at night and didn't notice.. slept all night without fan. So definitely getting cooler.

Of course, daytime temperatures this time of year -on days that it doesn't rain- can be very high.

Bit nippy?unsure.gif

Yeah yeah.. But last night I forgot to turn the fan on at night and didn't notice.. slept all night without fan. So definitely getting cooler.

Of course, daytime temperatures this time of year -on days that it doesn't rain- can be very high.

Right no fan here either and the only time I ever use air con is to cool my bedroom down for half an hour in the hot season.

I think I'm quite adjusted to the heat, but these temps or even a bit lower could stay all year as far as I'm concerned.smile.gif

The title of this thread is misleading. As far as I know, there is almost no possibility of flooding in Chiang Mai at this point in time. The rainy season seems to be almost over up North. The weather is cooling off and pleasant in CM and Bangkok is having big problems from the runoff.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Yes, especially if they Google Chiang Mai and come up with a thread title that seems to suggest that Chiang Mai is flooded too.

Leave it alone! I was asking a question. It was legitimate and I'm sure a question many potential tourists are asking. GEEZ!

Yes, especially if they Google Chiang Mai and come up with a thread title that seems to suggest that Chiang Mai is flooded too.

Chiang Mai WAS flooded before during this crisis, YES?

Realize NOT EVERYONE reading this forum LIVES in Chiang Mai. This CM flood pic from September. Can you have some basic understanding that people not living in Chiang Mai may simply not know the current situation or the FORECAST for the next month, a normally popular tourism season for CM?!?

post-37101-0-62094000-1319435851_thumb.j

I was asking a question. It was legitimate and I'm sure a question many potential tourists are asking. I think I provided a service by asking and now getting an answer. Instead, this reactionary response. The title wording being read the way it was clearly NOT INTENTIONAL. What do you want me to do now? Jump in the river and do a tourism advert?

Edited by Jingthing

Leave it alone! I was asking a question. It was legitimate and I'm sure a question many potential tourists are asking. GEEZ!

The girlfriend commited suicide because of your misleading title and now it`s going to take me all afternoon to find a replacement.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Beautiful cool weather now. No rain and rivers back to normal. Our flooding starts earlier than Bangkok to to run off from North. Only problem now is that our family must go to Bangkok in early Dec for 2 days, so keeping our fingers crossed. Come on up to Chiangmai!

The girlfriend commited suicide because of your misleading title and now it`s going to take me all afternoon to find a replacement.

Don't disturb the minister's sermon. whistling.gif

Plenty of them out there.

Plenty of them out there.

Plenty of what, Girls or Jingthings cheesy.gif