Plodprasob Urges Govt To Tell Truth

Lite Beer

Is there such a thing as the truth in LOS. ?

You no understand. Thai truth different. Falang truth no good, Thai truth better. Next month when water is go away we make Thailand the hub of truth. Brother already have plan to be leader of the truth and will come to make all better and rich.

Its the old tell the truth and you get panic versus keep things relatively calm and people arent prepared conundrum.

That's true but if they give clear and concise bulletins with instructions then that's how it should be..... Not really what HAS been happening.

There should be one source for this.......... Not a table full of idiots as is now.

I don't see any conundrum in this at all. Tell people the truth. If they panic, that is there business. But don't withhold information or lie because you think you know how the other person is going to react. Totally disrespectful...but the Thai way. God forbid someone tell the truth every now and then.

You no understand. Thai truth different. Falang truth no good, Thai truth better. Next month when water is go away we make Thailand the hub of truth. Brother already have plan to be leader of the truth and will come to make all better and rich.

That's what the monk told me. :huh:

Plodprasob urges govt to tell truth

Thailand says capital flood threat may ease soon

The threat that floodwaters will inundate Thailand's capital could ease by early November as record-high levels in the river carrying torrents of water downstream from the country's north begin to decline, authorities said Sunday.

Bangkok's immediate prospects remain uncertain, however, as the front lines in battling the flood from north, east and west of the city draw closer daily.

The relatively rosy longer term projection from the Flood Relief Operations Center came just a day after reports that Bangkok's main Chao Phraya river was overflowing its banks and at its highest levels in seven years.

Read more:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2016588272_apasthailandfloods.html?syndication=rss

Associated Press - 30 minutes ago

Edited by Buchholz

Exactly.

Taking it one step further, what exactly is the truth in a catastrophe like this? There are different perceptions and interpretations of the information. This is a key reasons why different statements are being given. When the army engineers pronounced that they had completed their reinforcement of strategic flood barriers around key areas of Bangkok last week and that they felt the barriers would hold, they were telling the truth based upon their assignment and the circumstances at the time. A few days later, when the MOI raised concerns that the barriers could be breached if the waterflow changed, the MOI was telling the truth. The water flow conditions are changing over the hours and the result is that the potential for damage and where the damage will occur is shifting as well.

I don't think people have intentionally lied, but are dealing with so much rapidly changing data that by the time revised positions are announced, old outdated information is still being released that is contrary to the new information. The other problem is that the data has to be analyzed and people are not allowing the analysis to be done and are instead demanding instantaneous answers. A management consultant would have a field day with the crisis managemnt structure of Thailand with its various departments, each with a department head or minister that is acting as a silo. This isn't a PTP problem per se, but is how Thailand's ministries and departments are structured. It took 9-11 to get western public security departments to break down their silos and to share info. Perhaps, the flooding will achieve the same in Thailand, where long standing departmental and ministerial rivalries and silos can finally be broken down.

Exactly.

Taking it one step further, what exactly is the truth in a catastrophe like this? There are different perceptions and interpretations of the information. This is a key reasons why different statements are being given. When the army engineers pronounced that they had completed their reinforcement of strategic flood barriers around key areas of Bangkok last week and that they felt the barriers would hold, they were telling the truth based upon their assignment and the circumstances at the time. A few days later, when the MOI raised concerns that the barriers could be breached if the waterflow changed, the MOI was telling the truth. The water flow conditions are changing over the hours and the result is that the potential for damage and where the damage will occur is shifting as well.

I don't think people have intentionally lied, but are dealing with so much rapidly changing data that by the time revised positions are announced, old outdated information is still being released that is contrary to the new information. The other problem is that the data has to be analyzed and people are not allowing the analysis to be done and are instead demanding instantaneous answers. A management consultant would have a field day with the crisis managemnt structure of Thailand with its various departments, each with a department head or minister that is acting as a silo. This isn't a PTP problem per se, but is how Thailand's ministries and departments are structured. It took 9-11 to get western public security departments to break down their silos and to share info. Perhaps, the flooding will achieve the same in Thailand, where long standing departmental and ministerial rivalries and silos can finally be broken down.

No, they're lying. One spokesman was defending their practice of lying to the public the other day. It's on one of the threads here, He didn't think the public could handle the information so he decided to tell them lies instead. For their own good of course; Thai style.

What a crock, especially when you consider the source... "Science" Minister Plodprasop, aka Mr. Lion Steak, aka Mr Propeller, aka Mr. False Alarm is the wealthiest and most clueless Minister in Taksin's cabinet.

In television interviews and newspapers Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha has been pleading with the Government for days to TELL EVERYONE THE TRUTH about the flood situation and has gone so far as to bypass the ineffective FROC and issue warnings and alerts directly-

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Prayuth-tells-estate-residents-to-get-ready-for-ev-30168340.html

For Plodprasop to speak up at this late date and tell his government to "Tell The Truth" would be laughable except that with hundreds of dead and millions affected by a flood crisis that has only been made worse by the government's incompetence this is clearly no laughing matter.

The truth will wreck I want to reelcted and so kept the gates shut Sukhumband. That is now beyond dispute since the samut Prakarnm announcement.

As opposed to flood BKK because my constituencies are flooded, and they don't think it's fair?

The truth will wreck I want to reelcted and so kept the gates shut Sukhumband. That is now beyond dispute since the samut Prakarnm announcement.

As opposed to flood BKK because my constituencies are flooded, and they don't think it's fair?

As opposed to the i voted dem but why wont they open the gates so i wont vote for those todgers again

Exactly.

Don't be so sensible! We should all be using this tragedy as a rod to beat the hated democratically elected government.

Plodprasob urges govt to tell truth

Thailand says capital flood threat may ease soon

The threat that floodwaters will inundate Thailand's capital could ease by early November as record-high levels in the river carrying torrents of water downstream from the country's north begin to decline, authorities said Sunday.

Bangkok's immediate prospects remain uncertain, however, as the front lines in battling the flood from north, east and west of the city draw closer daily.

The relatively rosy longer term projection from the Flood Relief Operations Center came just a day after reports that Bangkok's main Chao Phraya river was overflowing its banks and at its highest levels in seven years.

Read more:

http://seattletimes....syndication=rss

Associated Press - 30 minutes ago

Thanks, for the link.

Shouldn't close it yet. It's still on-going and funded until at least the end of the month... and besides the scientists posting there are still debating... and lastly, it's only fitting that the 1,000 Boat thread receive 1,000 posts.

There is an irony with the thread reaching 1000 posts and not altering the positions of any posters...

If that is the case, could it be in most cases because?:

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into. - Author Unknown

Sukumbhand kept the gates closed because the pumps could barely keep up with the torrential rain in the City. When the rain lessened, he was able to open the gates to the level that the pumps can keep up with. 40% ot the Thai economy is in Bangkok and if it floods, the whole country is a 'basket case'. We can't know the whole picture so not to be to quick to judge. At this point, no one is served by 'playing politics' with this disaster.

Shouldn't close it yet. It's still on-going and funded until at least the end of the month... and besides the scientists posting there are still debating... and lastly, it's only fitting that the 1,000 Boat thread receive 1,000 posts.

There is an irony with the thread reaching 1000 posts and not altering the positions of any posters...

I believe the thread should only be closed when every letter of the alphabet has been used at least once in an equation.

I mean, if we look at it logically,

qwerty x UI where UI represents the OPAS of DFG + hj to the power of k - LZ if we take into account the fact that the volume of water being xcV and the propulsion potential of the boats is equivalent to BN if M is subtracted from the final figure.

I challenge anyone to dispute my figures.

Edited by mca

I believe the thread should only be closed when every letter of the alphabet has been used at least once in an equation.

I mean, if we look at it logically,

qwerty x UI where UI represents the OPAS of DFG + hj to the power of k - LZ if we take into account the fact that the volume of water being xcV and the propulsion potential of the boats is equivalent to BN if M is subtracted from the final figure.

I challenge anyone to dispute my figures.

Can you please apply this logic to antithaksinology?

Expect to be flooded for a month, MP tells Bangkok

The Nation

30168384-01.jpg

Outspoken Science Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi yesterday urged the government to come clean with the people of Bangkok, as all parts of the capital would be submerged for more than a month.

"If people know the whole truth, their fear will gradually go away and they will instead struggle to live on. So, the government must disclose the real situation," he said.

The head of the National Disaster Warning Centre said the government should immediately provide all the facts without worrying that the truth would cause panic among the public.

People should be warned as early as possible about the flooding of their areas.

The government must clearly provide shelters and their locations should be as close to refugees' homes as possible.

The government should provide public updates every 15 minutes so that people would know where to go to escape flooding.

Traffic cameras could be used to monitor the flood situation and twoway traffic radios to report on the current status.

The public should be alerted clearly on the next area to be flooded.

People were worried because they have not received complete details.

He said he has assessed the situation and believes that all of Bangkok would be inundated for at least one month to oneandahalf months.

Bangkok should learn a lesson from Ayutthaya, as that upstream province has been flooded for weeks and the waters have not subsided yet.

"Ayutthaya has no complications from high tides but Bangkok will also be hit by peak ocean tides," he said.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has opened its sluice gates only about halfway because the city wants to manage the flow of floodwaters.

"I think the BMA is worried too much. The sluice gates' capacity could be used much more," he said.

Bangkok's crisis would reach its most critical point this week, he added.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-10-24

Yes, there has been reports of relief-bags going mainly to known Red Shirts in some districts.

But what is more reliably established, and reported in length by Thai PBS yesterday, is that migration-workers in several districts up-north have been completely overlooked/purposefully ignored. They had interviews with a big group of workers from Burma/Myanmar etc.

As the North of BKK has been flooded for a while now which happens to be mainly red? I would suppose that is why most of the aid is going there.

Not quite the same as BKK might get flooded but hey lets give the aid to them instead?

As for the ignoring of the migrant workers that is just wrong but what else do you expect.

We in the sunny south are trying to have collections of goods, water, medicices etc to do what we can, guess what we were told?

We would rather you sent cash!

Amazing Thailand.

I live in Manorom, which is between Chainat and Nakhon Sawan. We had a red-shirt convoy show up about 3 weeks ago. They dropped off a small truck-load(old datsun pick-up) of water bottles and relief supplies. They stayed for two hours ranting from their truck speakers about how Abhisit started the floods and how the Democrats were using the floods to punish the poor farmers who didn't vote for them. Since then the only relief supplies we get is from the Army. And the Army is bringing supplies everyday.

I live in Manorom, which is between Chainat and Nakhon Sawan. We had a red-shirt convoy show up about 3 weeks ago. They dropped off a small truck-load(old datsun pick-up) of water bottles and relief supplies. They stayed for two hours ranting from their truck speakers about how Abhisit started the floods and how the Democrats were using the floods to punish the poor farmers who didn't vote for them. Since then the only relief supplies we get is from the Army. And the Army is bringing supplies everyday.

The sad thing is that many people would actually believe them.

Plodprasob should also be demanding the red shirt leaders to tell the truth, but both they and the government want to use this crisis as a public relations campaign to make them look good and their opponents look bad.