Schengen Visa

My girl friend had no problem getting a UK visa to visit me my last summer. She has a good job and healthy savings and we hope she will be able to obtain a UK visa next year with no problems. We would like to travel to main land Europe. How do we go about getting her a Schengen Visa? Will the same documentation we used to acquire the British Visa, all be suitable for the Schengen Visa? Is there any one country which is easier to obtain the Schengen Visa from?

Thanks in advance for your replies

If you have any friends in Europe that you're planning on visiting then get invite from them & use their embassy

Just noticed your name so guessing you have Irish roots...so may be easier to apply through the Irish Embassy in BKK as you may be able to use invites from friends & relatives in Ireland to support the application....

If I remember correctly you can not do this in London on a UK visit visa, you will need to apply in BKK for the Schengen visa unless you're planning on going to a country that doesn't have an embassy in Thai, eg Malta?...but why make life difficult for yourself!

We used exactly the same pack for the Schengen visa, through French Embassy in BKK, as for the UK visit visa. When we applied for UK visit visa in my support letter I mentioned our intention to go to France (I was working there part of the time so had reason to take my girlfriend) We included this letter in with the Schengen visa application. Get the UK visa first then the Schengen...both took about 1 week

Good luck

Just noticed your name so guessing you have Irish roots...so may be easier to apply through the Irish Embassy in BKK as you may be able to use invites from friends & relatives in Ireland to support the application....

Like the UK, the RoI is not part of the Schengen area, so an Irish visa does not allow entry to a Schengen state.

You should obtain the Schengen visa from the country you will be visiting, or if touring the country you will enter first. So decide that and then check on that country's website for the details.

Among other things, you will need

• Address of where she will be staying, such as a provisional hotel booking
  • Evidence of adequate health and accident insurance
  • Evidence of sufficient finance for the trip
  • Evidence she will leave the Schengen area at the end of the trip.

See the application form and guide for full details.