I Am An 8 Year Pattaya Expat....

facey

I am an 8 year Pattaya expat. I speak fluent Thai which allows me to meet a crop of Thais that don’t speak English and never or do not usually speak with foreigners. I am happily single all this time and have no aspirations of being in a relationship more than 2 nights; I adhere to the 2 day rule. No matter how hot she is, within 48 hours (and usually much less), I want her gone.

I work online which keeps me busy enough. Having mastered the Thai language, I prefer to seek out normal girls with their own income and are not solely dependent on my earnings. I meet them nearly all online on sites like facebook and others. I’ve never lived in bkk and am now wondering if this is the right move for me. The 3 aspects that bug me about Pattaya is 1) I’m not a tourist but constantly have people trying to sell me stuff. 2) Sick of bar girls. 3) No green space for relaxing or cycling.

I love riding my bicycle and feel it would be nice to ride around Lumpini and Chatuchak parks while working at home and meeting girls online or at the parks. Whenever I do a search on my online dating sites in Pattaya, I get several pages of hits. When I do the same search for bkk, I get dozens and dozens. These are just the girls that are presently online which is phenomenal. I’d like to hear if there’s any bkk expats in the same boat as me. Thank you.

Age has a lot to do with it also. Honestly you can't expect a normal non-bar girl to be too interested in someone +25 her age. There are tons of nice women in Bkk you have a foot up speaking Thai but a step down with a comment like after two days you ask them to leave most nice Thai women I have met want something more than someone "committed" to a two day relationship. I have been here over a year and have tons of female friends through my GF and most of them are looking for relationships with people who are under 45 stable and a good person. Word of advice don't tell them you lived in Pattaya for 8 years its got "ewww" written all over it.

Facey,

Why don't you look for somewhere outside of Pattaya, then you still have it when you need it.

I suggest Ban Chan or Sattahip. Good environment, sea air, not too much traffic, good beaches, plenty of small quiet roads for your cycling, cheaper rents. Ban Chan has the "Strip" (expat bars and restaurants). Whats not to like.

Come over and have a look (free.)

I guess after 8 years you'd run out of "normal girls" eager for a 2 night stand in most small cities. Even if you didn't hit 'em all, girls do talk and sooner or later you'd run out of non-professional candidates.

Can't say I think much of your desire and plan to seek greener pastures and fresh meat, but hey- maybe I'm just old fashioned. Stay away from Houston if you would. That's where my female relatives live.

Interesting first post and with it, strange contradictions:

-Has lived in Pattaya 8 years and is now just figuring out he needs some open space

-Feels since he has this excellent grasp of the language he wants a different type of lady but only for two nights max

Strange Ranger for sure..................

I'm not surprised, but lot of men here seems to think women would only have sex if it means they can marry the guy later on. Thai girl likes to hook up with guys just the same way western girls does. Best spare your judgements and not comment at all if you won't answer the guys questions.

Bangkok doesn't feel very green to me, even with the parks. Have you been to Chiang Mai? It ticks all your boxes.

Not sure that going to Bangkok for Green spaces and bike riding is a robust plan

exactly--but he may be onto someting around Lumphini Park...I've outgrown Sukhumvit and want nicer, more affordable places and same for the girls...I kind of like the Victory Monument area--but it is sooo crowded. Sure is a great place to walk around with a map and seeking a little guidance (especially between 4 and 6pm)....

How far is "like ridding my bicycle?" Living in Bangkok is Ok if the distance is moderate and you live near say Rama 9 or better the adjacent park on Chalearm Pakiat (spelling) better if you live in Nontaburi , across the river there are still some nice road that used to be dirt. Just across from Pakred.

As I live in Bangkok I would say go to Ban Chang, Sattahip or even Klaeng but in Pattaya even the Dark Side has "quiet" roads for cycling.

Maybe move north of Sukumvit, avoid the hawkers and cycle a bit further?

i dare say lots of lessons for all us mere mortals and normal folk from above. i wish (not) we all shared your speed dating techniques and abilities... are you sure your name is not George Clooney?

I don't know how anyone can be dependent on your income after 48 hours? - maybe you haven't got as much as you think you or would like to have.

I am an expat of more than 8 years. I don't speak a word of Thai and I only hang out with farangs. I never keep a girl for more than 48 hours no matter how hot they are. I find my girls online and none of them are bar girls. They just troll online hoping to meet some guy like me that will give them some sex, a pat on the back and then boot them out the door.

I enjoy breathing smoggy dirty air so am considering moving to bangkok. Do you think I will be able to meet a "nice" girl there to spend 47 hours with? I mean Pattaya girls are nice but they just seem so ...so...so....well agresssive. Do you think anyone in Bangkok will try and selll me anything cause i am tired of that as well. Also I am hoping there are no bar girls in bankgok because I am tired of them also. I only want normal girls with their own income who are perfectly happy to spend 47 hours with me then let me throw them out like 2 day old dishwater. If some of them could also give me some baht before the 47 hours is up that would be a bonus.

thanks for the replies

Tom Cruise