If Suvanaphum Floods

kuma

Wondering if anyone knows the best possible way to get from Pattaya/BAngkok to Phnom Phen if it turns out the Bkk airports are not serviceable later this week.

I understand now that this is considered remote - but Bkk flooding was considered an impossible event a week or so ago.

I have tried Air Asia to underssatnd if any other airport they use in Tland has a flight to PP, after ten minutes of listening to them go on and on about how the airport in Bkk is open and would never close - I finally got an answer, they have no flights out of any other airport.

Trying to find out what would be my air or, failing that, ground options to get to PP. I have an alternate flight from there I can take Sat AM, so I suspect by ground I would have to leave here Fri AM as the trip must be 10+ hours but I am not sure, any comments appreciated.

Thanks

I read somewhere an AP would take flights if Svrnbhumi closed.. cant remember the name of it. but getting there would be the battle if the big one went down, we'd be deep in water by that time.. so get out while you can to avert risk. Im going to fee soon myself.

...hey, I am well aware that the following is a stretch, yet bear with.

Yes, the bus ride to PP is an arduous journey.

I would suss out any and ALL flights out of U-Tapao, asap.

Like a flight from U-Tapao to Siem Reap.

Everyday, a fast boat leaves for PP from Siem Reap, 4 hours, $25. I've done this route.

Very fast and smooth. The Tonle Sap is HUGE!

Pack a lunch as no food is served on board.

You get delivered to the docks of the Mekong.

Or...consider a flight to Phuket, which would then get you to PP.

Stranger things have happened.

or, a flight to HCM. VietNam with short hop to PP.

BANGKOK'S SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT OPEN AND OPERATING NORMALLY, DON MUEANG AIRPORT CLOSED

Bangkok is served by two airports. Suvarnabhumi Airport, the main gateway to Thailand with 120 international and domestic airlines, remains open. It is operating normally and handling around 76 flights per hour including all scheduled international arrivals and departures.

Suvarnabhumi Airport is also the main connector for international visitor arrivals to transfer to and from domestic flights serving tourist destinations throughout Thailand such as Phuket, Chiang Mai and Surat Thani. All domestic flights are also operating as per usual.

Don Mueang Airport, the old international airport located about 30 km northeast of Suvarnabhumi Airport, is closed until November 1st due to flooding. The two domestic airlines operating from Don Mueang, which are Nok Air and Orient Thai Airlines, have temporarily switched their operations to Suvarnabhumi Airport.

You get delivered to the docks of the Mekong.

Or...consider a flight to Phuket, which would then get you to PP.

Stranger things have happened.

HUH?? u can not get to Phnom Penh from Phuket unless u go via KL or Bangkok by air

if ur in Bangkok/Pattaya just take a bus to Trat and transfer to the border/Koh Kong/Phnom Penh from bangkok about 12 hours and u need overnight in Koh Kong if u leave Bangkok early am

Swampy is built on high ground and i doubt it would close and if the waters got that high....... god help all

PS the fast boat is one boring ride,

rent a taxi for apx 60 either way and you can stop along the way or take the bus an save 50%