Road To Hua Hin

golfdoc

As far as I'm aware the road is OK. My friend went by bus yesterday from Hua Hin to Bangkok (to Nonthaburi district northwest Bangkok) where it's supposed to be flooded), and she said it was OK. She says where she is it's not as bad as it appears on TV.

I drove down yesterday, there were no signs of flooding or near flooding.

A friends wife is driving from Hua Hin to Bangkok tomorrow, she doesn't appear worried. I'll post an updated tomorrow when I find out how she gets on.

No issues on the road from Hua Hin to Bangkok... However I'm told that Bangkok to Hua Hin looks very busy, no signs of flooding.

Any updates on the route to Hua Hin from Suvarnabhumi?

I have friends due to arrive from the UK on 12th Nov. who are intending to go straight from the airport to Hua Hin by road.

I've seen (unreliable) reports today that Petkhasem Rd. is flooded at it's Bangkok end (in eastern Bangkok),

and that Rama 2 - as the only alternative leading over the Chao Phraya to the South - is likely to be flooded next...?

When I look at the map on Google, I see that the route from Suvarnabhumi can be via 'Bang Phli - Suk Sawat Expressway' (marked blue road #9, then becoming #37), then joining Rama 2 Rd. (white road #35 ) at Bang Bon, which is surely not affected by flooding as yet... is that correct?

Can anyone confirm whether the route from Suvarnabhumi to Hua Hin is still clear and/or if it's likely to be imminently affected?

Please :)

Yes, according to several local newspaper articles Rama II (aka Highway 35) which is the main route out of Bangkok to Hua Hin and the South will flood to impassable levels in the coming days. The last article I read said they could not keep this from happening but were going to try to keep an alternate route (Route 340) open. I've never used 340 and don't really know where it is but it is definitely a smaller road than Rama II and even if it is kept open it will probably be a parking lot if it is the only route left to the south for evacuees and cargo trucks.

Alternatively, some people with holiday plans to Hua Hin have now changed their flights to fly directly into Phuket and get a van/bus from there up to Hua Hin.

Edited by hhfarang

This is getting worrying. I was hoping to make a sharp exit from Hua Hin to Suvarnabhumi in the next couple of days, although nothing booked yet. Has anyone got the very latest information on the drive or can point me somewhere online where I can check for updates on the route? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...