Written 90 Day Regulation

Has anybody actually obtained a copy in Thai or English of the regulation requiring you to report every 90 days from someday.

I had thought it was from your last immigration visit but it seems to be related to a 90 cycle from your last entry date. so my next visit is only two months away. What does the regulation actually say?

Local immigration haven't got a copy. Why? Without it how do they know what they are enforcing apart from the odd 2000 baht fine?

Roger in Surin

Isn't it on the arrival card? I can't look, out of the country. I've certaily seen it on an official document (not just the web).

The clock re-starts each time you EITHER do a report at immigration OR enter the country (don't forget your to get re-entry permit before exiting).

Simple rule to remember is that a new 90 day period starts every time you submit a Tm.47 or a Tm.6 (90 day report or arrival card) and no report is required if not in Thailand. Visits/extensions of stay and such do not count as an address report; unless the officer says otherwise. :o

Simple rule to remember is that a new 90 day period starts every time you submit a Tm.47 or a Tm.6 (90 day report or arrival card) and no report is required if not in Thailand.  Visits/extensions of stay and such do not count as an address report; unless the officer says otherwise. :o

Thank you. this makes the logic abundently clear now. You do not confirm your adress when applying for an extension!

Amazing Thailand indeed.

Roger

he 90-day reporting requirement is found in Chapter 4, Section 37(5) of the Immigration Act 1979. The penalties for not reporting are found in Chapter 8, Section 76 of the same Act. An English translation of the Immigration Act can be found at www.imm.police.go.th/nov2004/en/doc/Immigration_Act.pdf

I am not sure how good the translation is as I have not had a chance to check it against the original Thai version.

Cheers,

Bob

he 90-day reporting requirement is found in Chapter 4, Section 37(5) of the Immigration Act 1979. The penalties for not reporting are found in Chapter 8, Section 76 of the same Act. An English translation of the Immigration Act can be found at www.imm.police.go.th/nov2004/en/doc/Immigration_Act.pdf

I am not sure how good the translation is as I have not had a chance to check it against the original Thai version.

Cheers,

Bob

Many thanks, Bob

Now for some light reading.

Roger