90 Day Reporting

I doubt you will have a problem at the airport.

The officer there is not concerned with this.

The problem will come at the local immigration office, when you want to

extend a visa, get a re-entry permit or any similar function.

Then they will check on your record and if you have not reported you may

get fined.

One time my wife was fined for not reporting my arrival at the house!!

This 90 day reporting thing certainly makes one wonder:-

I have a friend here in Isaan who has been in the country for 6 years now on an O A Retirement Visa extension and HAS NEVER reported and not chipped about it on his yearly visits to either the Nong Khai or Bangkok immigration offices.

I was over by 60 days earlier this year and no problems when I applied for a re entry permit then went overseas and returned. I know they can fine you but I'm yet to meet a farang that has been so.

This 90 day reporting thing certainly makes one wonder:-

I have a friend here in Isaan who has been in the country for 6 years now on an O A Retirement Visa extension and HAS NEVER reported and not chipped about it on his yearly visits to either the Nong Khai or Bangkok immigration offices.

I was over by 60 days earlier this year and no problems when I applied for a re entry permit then went overseas and returned. I know they can fine you but I'm yet to meet a farang that has been so.

On my last reporting 2 month ago @ Suan Phlu

a few people got fined there 1000.- Baht

for failing to report or being late with their report.

But this is Bangkok...

The 90-day reporting requirement is found in Chapter 4, Section 37(5) of the Immigration Act 1979. The penalties for not reporting are found in Chapter 8, Section 76 of the same Act. An English translation of the Immigration Act can be found at www.imm.police.go.th/nov2004/en/doc/Immigration_Act.pdf

I am not sure how good the translation is as I have not had a chance to check it against the original Thai version.

Cheers,

Bob

Edited by Bobcat

FYI at Chiangmai you can report from a week before to a week after the exact date. (BTW I would call that 5 days). I once went ten days late and they asked for 2000bt, 200 a day.... I said hey I'm only three days after the extra week they said "doesn't matter". I came to an "accomodation" and paid half.

Sleepyjohn