Marriage Visa

I'm in Thailand on a tourist visa. I want to get a one year marriage visa. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

I believe I need to get a non imm O visa first. Do I have to leave (if so, any recommendation on the best location to go?).. or can immigration convert my tourist visa to a non imm O? Where can I read the exact requirements for getting my non imm O, such as marriage certificate, etc?

What are the exact rules when applying for this 11 month extension? Is it required to show monthly income or can I still use the 400,000 in a thai bank? -- How do I find the exact rules? I've tried to contact many different immigration offices... So far not one of them has answered their phone.

Yes you can convert to a non-O based on marriage for 2000 baht.

From Police order 777/2551

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Paperwork for the 1 year extension of stay.

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

With money in bank option.

1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

With Income in Thailand option

1. A copy of work permit

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

With Income from abroad.

1. Embassy letter stating your income.

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

Edited by PoorSucker

As said you can convert your current stay to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry for 2,000 baht with marriage proof and wife plus the 400k in account and then after 60 days obtain the one year extension of stay with proof money in account at 400k for 2 months and bank letter of account balance. Normal requirements of wife, her id and home register copies, your passport/copies/departure card/photos together at home and house number in at least one/map to house/TM.7 with current photo and 1,900 baht.

But not all office with do the conversion so then you do that at Bangkok and the actual extension later at home office. Or you just obtain the visa from a Consulate using marriage certificate/copy of wife ID and home register.

Also take your wife.....

I realise that, but I have seen people on here asking for the interview form so that they could answer it, that is why I specifically said "take your wife'

Thank you everyone! How do I find out contact info for the immigration offices such as phone numbers and addresses? Do I need to schedule an appointment or just show up early and grab a queue ticket? Do they have phone numbers that work?... so far I haven't been able to contact a single office. But I would really like to actually talk to someone and make sure that I understand the requirements correctly BEFORE i show up there.

Tell us what province you are in. if you are in Chonburi, you have to go to Pattaya (Jomtien). In most other cases you will have to report at Bangkok Immirgation, as you want a conversion to a non-O visa. That is only done at a few immigration offices.

<br />Tell us what province you are in. if you are in Chonburi, you have to go to Pattaya (Jomtien). In most other cases you will have to report at Bangkok Immirgation, as you want a conversion to a non-O visa. That is only done at a few immigration offices.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks and Yes I'm in chonburi.

Just to make sure I understand correctly. Jomtien CAN do the tourist to non imm O conversion? Or the conversion has to be done in Bangkok?

I've tried calling both offices multiple times today and yesterday just to verify if they can or can't do it and confirm the requirements... and it never connects. Also I can't email them. I'm getting so frustrated.

Can someone tell me what the requirements to change my tourist visa into a non imm O at Chaeng Wattana immigration are?  Poorsucker posted all the info I need for applying for the 1 year extension, but I need to know what is required to convert my tourist to a non imm O before I do that step.  The people at the office won't help over the phone and they don't reply to emails either apparently.

Edited by Everett

I just thought I'd share incase anyone might be having a similiar issue. The bangkok.immigration.xx.xx website doesn't seem to work with firefox. If you're looking for any of the required documents for whatever it is you're needing to do, best to try Internet Explorer unfortunately.

I just thought I'd share incase anyone might be having a similiar issue. The bangkok.immigration.xx.xx website doesn't seem to work with firefox. If you're looking for any of the required documents for whatever it is you're needing to do, best to try Internet Explorer unfortunately.

I had no problems downloading a form with firefox, so it might be your settings that is the problem or only a certian form.

PoorSucker said I need a Kor Ror 2 not older than six months. Can someone clarify this (the 6 months part)? I don't see anything about that on the bangkok.immmigration website. It simply states I need a kor ror 2. My Kor Ror 2 was given to me when I got the Kor Ror 3 which is the actual marriage certificate, which was all done the day we registered the marriage.

Thanks Lopburi And thanks mario, I can download all the forms too. It's when I go to REQUIRED DOCUMENTS > CHANGE VISA > (click any of them) they just take me to the top of the page but it fails to load anything like it should. I tried it on a GNU box and a Windows box using firefox and it wouldn't work. I'm curious if it works for others.

I have always used the original Kor Dor 2, never got an updated one, never had any problems when applying for an extension

The past couple of times in khon kaen i've produced the original years old one with photocopies and they seem happy enough too.

Hi

Regarding the Kor Ror 2

PoorSucker, Thanks for sharing your knowledge.. perhaps you can expand on this for me.....

I have a copy of my Kor Ror 2 (An original from the Amphur), but I got married back in March (so already 7 months+) but have not converted my visa - in fact I went back to UK in September and got a new 1 year Non-Im "O" so I'm good until about Dec next year, I actually enjoy the 3 monthly visa runs, use them as an excuse for a mini holiday... Siem Reap next time :rolleyes:

However, there will no doubt come a time when I want to convert and not have to leave Thailand every 3 months and possibly renew/extend my visa without going back to the UK, so.....

Where you state the Kor Ror 2 copy must be not more than 6 months old, are you saying that after 6 months I can no longer convert my visa? how would they know how old my copy is, or when I got it?

I used to live on, and got married on Samui, but have since left Samui and live in Udon, would I have to make the trip all the way to the Samui amphur just to get a more recent copy of exactly the same document I already have?

I hope you (or someone) can help, many thanks :jap:

Yes you can convert to a non-O based on marriage for 2000 baht.

From Police order 777/2551

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Paperwork for the 1 year extension of stay.

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife's house registration

6. Copy wife's identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

9. Map to residency

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

With money in bank option.

1. Letter from bank same day or day before stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

With Income in Thailand option

1. A copy of work permit

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

With Income from abroad.

1. Embassy letter stating your income.

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK