Converting Tourist Visa To Non Imm-O At Samui

Hi,

I have read some conflicting reports in various topics about this so I have here to see if anyone can give me clarification.

1) Will Samui immigration still convert a tourist visa into a Non-Immmigrant 'O' type visa based on marriage to a Thai?

2) Is it true that to do this you need 21 days remaining on said tourist visa?

I am about to apply for this years visa from the UK. I am flying in 2 weeks and getting married early Jan. So if question 2 is true I obviously wont be able to do this and will probably obtain a double entry tourist visa instead.

If anyone has, or knows someone who has experience recently with this please let me know,

Thanks

i dont think samui immigration convert visa's, but i might be wrong, but i beleive these need to be done in a thai embassey , maybe penang? , or hull?

looking at your posts, you plan to enter thailand in 2 weeks, marry in Jan, and leave in May, maybe best to just get a tourist visa from hull ? , that will give you 90 days, then you can extend again? , might be less hassle if you dont intend to stay in thailand ..........

A conversion can only be done at immigration, not at a Thai embassy abroad. There you cna only get a (new) visa. Not all Immigration offices do a conversion now adays, especially if based on marriage. You can hope someone has specifick information, but otherwise will need to call that immigration office. Nowadays less than 21 days is allowed, even less than 10 seems to be accepted. But in your case no worries, as you can always get a 30 day extension on your tourist visa and if that is not enough you can get an extra 60 days based on your marriage.