Time To Seriously Think About Relocating!

YangYaiEric

I think the time is fast approaching when vast areas of Bangkok will be submerged under water permanantly. Bangkok is ONLY 3 metres above sea-level and is actually sinking at a rate of approx. 2cms. per year, so I've been informed. The time is right to look at other regions of Thailand which are well above sea-level and are safe places for expats to live and do business. The province of Nakorn Ratchasima is located just 3 hrs. N.E of Bangkok and is 187 meters above sea-level! It is the 'bread-basket' of Thailand and has everyting an expat would need . I have lived there fo over 25 years now and can highly recommend living there. Land prices are MUCH cheaper than in Bangkok.

If anyone wants more info. just PM me for details etc.

Your right. Actually the Meditation Temple Monk Community all over Thailand have been trying to warn people that Bangkok was going to be under water months ago. They also say, whether you want to believe it or not, that this is just the beginning. They say next year is going to be worse than this year and many will die and Bangkok will eventually disappear under water.

Even if you don't believe in prophecy, nobody expected this to happen in Bangkok or other hard hit areas. Try to imagine the damage to Thailand that has been done and what kind of resources will be required to prevent the flooding, let alone repair the infrastructure.

The other thing they indicate, again believe it or not, is there will be massive fighting this next year among the people and Government agencies, worse than the last couple years.

The best thing do is be prepared ahead of time with emergency supplies, etc.

Even if the land prices in Korat are much cheaper, it really doesn't help us farang - we're not allowed to buy land in "our own names"... unless there are other laws and regulations in Korat... are there?

Even if the land prices in Korat are much cheaper, it really doesn't help us farang - we're not allowed to buy land in "our own names"... unless there are other laws and regulations in Korat... are there?

Well, as in Bangkok an expant CAN buy a condo in his/her own name. But to buy land and build a home on that property, having a Thai partner is the ONLY way of doing so. So if you're married to a Thai, then you'll be amazed at what you can buy for like Bht. 10Million in the main A. Muang area!

Well, as in Bangkok an expant CAN buy a condo in his/her own name. But to buy land and build a home on that property, having a Thai partner is the ONLY way of doing so. So if you're married to a Thai, then you'll be amazed at what you can buy for like Bht. 10Million in the main A. Muang area!

Isn't that something. You can buy an expensive condo, rehab it to taste, but doesn't do anything to qualify you each year to live in it. If your retired, you still need the 800,000 Bht. Happened to a friend of mine and I am sure many others.

Isn't that something. You can buy an expensive condo, rehab it to taste, but doesn't do anything to qualify you each year to live in it. If your retired, you still need the 800,000 Baht. Happened to a friend of mine and I am sure many others.

Good point, i own a condo, not a particular expensive one but still almost certainly worth more than 800k baht, but that fact means nothing when i apply for a visa, so i suppose in theory i could be limited to staying there for no more than a month at a time