Farangs Or Farongs

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

where is the option that most dont have morals gainst thier fellow expats

for people who need to look up the word on samui - Morals -

1. Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character: moral scrutiny; a moral quandary.

where is the option that most dont have morals gainst thier fellow expats

for people who need to look up the word on samui - Morals -

1. Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character: moral scrutiny; a moral quandary.

Good point. I've included these in farongs.....those lacking moral fibre. Please carry on voting folks...I'd like to get a decent turnout here as no doubt its an issue we all have a perspective upon.

farang vs farong.....which is most prevalent...and what's the demographic swing of late.

Thanks for all responses etc....

Would like to vote but don't know what you are talking about. Please explain in plain English.

Its like this...do you think Samui's expat population are a lovely bunch...a bunch of crooks...a flip flop short of one or do you suffer from agoraphobia?

Only four options to keep it nice and simple for everyone.

Are a better calibre of expat on the island now for instance than 5 or 10 years ago...or worse.....easy enough yes??

I reckon there are far to many fa-wrong-uns myself.....

Smokie - you're not by any chance trapped on the second floor somewhere, are you, unable to leave the house, with waterlogged books and with all the videos now watched and nothing at all on the TV?

R

biggrin.gif Close. Its raining heavily yes.....I really must invest in a kindle.....

Smokie - you're not by any chance trapped on the second floor somewhere, are you, unable to leave the house, with waterlogged books and with all the videos now watched and nothing at all on the TV?

R

biggrin.gif Close. Its raining heavily yes.....I really must invest in a kindle.....

What a really big one - like they used to do with witches?

(No No don't immolate yourself just out of boredom - not without inviting us first . . .)

You'll need a whole bunch of faggots to get that started anyway. . .

R

Edited by robsamui

R

What a really big one - like they used to do with witches?

(No No don't immolate yourself just out of boredom - not without inviting us first . . .)

You'll need a whole bunch of faggots to get that started anyway. . .

R

I hope you mean these things....?

faggots.jpg

Are they on special somewhere?

I don't understand this thread, but it appears to be a spelling question.

"Farang" would be the right spelling since the short vowel in ฝรั่ง would be written as an "a."

Of course the ex-pats there who read and write Thai would know that, all ...what? One or two of them? ;)

No no not spelling. Phonetics. wink.gif

You don't have to be mad to live here; but it helps.

Now we're getting somewhere.....mad or bad though? Or both!! ohmy.gif

Here's another question since the flip flop brigade are gaining pace.

Do people arrive flip flops or is it a risk of living on the island? Is it possible to turn it around and become a nomal farang if you arrive this way?

Honestly I've no idea how the Aussies will keep up with this one! biggrin.gif

Aussies call them the Thong brigade.

You made me think of the charge of the light brigade for a moment there.....the image it conjured up was unpleasant to say the least...think XXXX. bah.gif

Flip flops = thongs.

You made me think of the charge of the light brigade for a moment there.....the image it conjured up was unpleasant to say the least...think XXXX. bah.gif

Flip flops = thongs.

I'd post a pic of what I associate with the word thong....but you'd love to press that big red button.....biggrin.gif

Edit: Did you listen to Chi Coltrane? Pure quality that is....

Edited by smokie36

Flip flops = thongs.

I'd post a pic of what I associate with the word thong....but you'd love to press that big red button.....biggrin.gif

Edit: Did you listen to Chi Coltrane? Pure quality that is....

UD1.jpg