Farangs Or Farongs

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One post containing an inappropriate picture deleted.

biggrin.gif But he was wearing a pair of thongs!

Really?

and flip flops,

it was actually from the TAT website !! ......... retirement in paradise

Self portraits not allowed Boater.

"Double Pluggers" worn by Dinkum Aussies

The quintessential thongs, two plugs though the sole on each side. Can be worn for any occasion, weddings, 5 o-clock tea, the races, legging it, court appearances.

If you blow out a plug you've still got a second to get you through the footy, cricket, pub crawl.

Sold exclusively at K-mart, Target, Lowes and local pharmacies....also standard prison issue foot ware biggrin.gif

post-102811-0-22258400-1319722024_thumb.

Edited by BangrakBob

"Double Pluggers" worn by Dinkum Aussies

The quintessential thongs, two plugs though the sole on each side. Can be worn for any occasion, weddings, 5 o-clock tea, the races, legging it, court appearances.

If you blow out a plug you've still got a second to get you through the footy, cricket, pub crawl.

Sold exclusively at K-mart, Target, Lowes and local pharmacies....also standard prison issue foot ware biggrin.gif

I thought the plug things were for storing my wee dram. Is this not so? Please explain....unsure.gif

I thought the plug things were for storing my wee dram. Is this not so? Please explain....unsure.gif

Haha well you could pop a wee drop in there for emergency but you may compromise the whole infrastructure of the thong, risky business smile.gif

The double plug, the strap at the back plugs through the sole with two plugs rather than one, as worn by such legends as Merv Hughes, David Boon and Shane Warne, think he's gone to the other side though now, Prada single plug..(shudders)

apologies for off topic.

Aussies call them the Thong brigade.

You made me think of the charge of the light brigade for a moment there.....the image it conjured up was unpleasant to say the least...think XXXX. bah.gif

Flip flops = thongs.

When I first went to OZ I told the folks that they could have a 'dress casual day' on Fridays. When one bloke asked me if they could wear thongs :o, I suggested "only if he wanted to get a new job". He then explained :lol:

where is the option that most dont have morals gainst thier fellow expats

for people who need to look up the word on samui - Morals -

1. Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character: moral scrutiny; a moral quandary.

Normally us bad forang have baldness aswell as badness and laods of tattoos saying i love england. I wonder where those boys and girls are from.

As for expats we do bring a good roast dinner to the Island.

Falang?

+1

Not if you live in the South, its clearly a rolled r. Use the l sound and you label yourself some isaan speaker. :D

Yes, you can always pick out the Isaaners! using "falang"....... It's a bit like the Brits who drop there H's..... ELLO ELLO ELLO

Can't say I have run in to people saying "Farongs" so it makes it a bit hard to vote.... is that a Chawang thing???? :D

Falang?

+1

Not if you live in the South, its clearly a rolled r. Use the l sound and you label yourself some isaan speaker. :D

Yes, you can always pick out the Isaaners! using "falang"....... It's a bit like the Brits who drop there H's..... ELLO ELLO ELLO

Can't say I have run in to people saying "Farongs" so it makes it a bit hard to vote.... is that a Chawang thing???? :D

Bangrak in my experience. whistling.gif