Road Digging Begins To Save Bangkok From Flooding

webfact

Siampolee wrote

Not when the land for his house was bought 40 years ago and the house was built 25 years ago.

Ha Ha . Clutching at any straw to prove a point.

I won't debate the issue, save to say that all the professional help invoved in design construction and local authority authorisation of the building of this domestic property a few kilometers from the end of the runway was to no avail.

As was the EIA carried out by the government 15 years or more later - not 2 or 5 years - 15 or more.

I made my point in my first post.

I don't want sympathy and I darn sure won't get compensation.

So your speculation about the details of my situation are just so much hot air to me.

Others should be made aware of the reality of life in Thailand which is why I posted.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again with: "Foreigners will lose their confidence in us due to our failure ..."

Foreigners did not elect her.

Hopefully the wishful people who did vote for her puppet regime can read the handwriting on the wall.

Hopefully they can translate Thai into Thai and get the message that to this super rich family, poor people don't count, middle class people don't count and rich people outside their gang also don't count.

Actually, I think there are plenty of smart, discerning, intelligent, thinking, educated Thais.

I pray they finally stop being the "silent majority" and get off their asses and put a stop to the madness.

Maybe Thailand needs something like Australia's compulsory voting in order for the capable Thais to stop observing and get involved.

Forget this nonsense that "maybe things will change for our grandchildren."

Don't put up with the bullshit any longer.

Crazy isn't it ^^^, seems that only roads in the east of the city won't be dug.

What would be really useful to all would be maps showing where the cuts are taking place, or are they scared that those affected will try to save their homes and property? I for one don't believe a word of the 'full compensation' statement.

The full compensation pledge would no doubt be honoured if it turned out that her cronies had suddenly aquired property in the areas to be destroyed!

Crazy isn't it ^^^, seems that only roads in the east of the city won't be dug.

What would be really useful to all would be maps showing where the cuts are taking place, or are they scared that those affected will try to save their homes and property? I for one don't believe a word of the 'full compensation' statement.

Ah, interesting about the east side of the city. The other paper's article (which has a map btw). Reportedly the east of the city was allegedly spared the digging after PTP MP's connected with the Red Shirts sought to protect the eastern areas as they are considered Red Shirt zones.

Surely you are not suggesting...........:jap:.

It's called jobs and all Thais can relate to having one or not.

Actually there are many Thai's who would rather sit around doing jack than work for a living. I arranged transport, advance payment, rooms, clothing and jobs for 8 fit young strong "Ayutthayans". They worked monday, tuesday took they day off, wednesday worked half day and then disappeared.... back to Ayutthaya I think.

I don't know abut these eight individuals, but I was talking about long-term jobs.

As for long term jobs,repeat the same ritual over and over again.

Actually, I think there are plenty of smart, discerning, intelligent, thinking, educated Thais.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

As there are plenty of westerners who hold none of these traits. Ably illustrated by, let's give him a big hand ladies and gentlemen...........Markaew! Give him a moment folks, he's trying to button his shirt unaided............

So from that remark it would seem as if the welfare of the locals is of no importance compared to what, "foreigners" may think or see what is happening ?

Indeed it is so nice that now in her and her governments desperation they seem to be trying to shift blame for their inaction in the past which have led to the current actions onto the , " dreaded foreigners."

It's called face and all Thais can relate to losing face.

It's called jobs and all Thais can relate to having one or not.

Actually there are many Thai's who would rather sit around doing jack than work for a living. I arranged transport, advance payment, rooms, clothing and jobs for 8 fit young strong "Ayutthayans". They worked monday, tuesday took they day off, wednesday worked half day and then disappeared.... back to Ayutthaya I think.

Having unfortunately experienced my nephews in law for some time, I can believe that.

Edited to allow for too many blocks of quotes

Edited by thaibeachlovers