Oh Crap, Literally

JRA

Definitely need to test the "power" of the spray before use. You may end up with an unexpected enima. You have been warned!

BTW, my understanding was that you spray then wipe/dry, not one or the other. Am I incorrect?

never used it but sounds logical.

Thursday went in to tops no TP or Pepsi Max second choice Coke Zero gone also.

Friday went into Rimping by the river, steel bridge they were just stocking the TP shelves they even had some Coke Zero.

No Pepsi Max or Coke Zero at Makro super highway today.:(

Far more civilized to use the dipper in an adjacent oong naamand use your left hand than to randomly spray your fecal matter about with a device that was originally intended to be used as a douche for women to clean their front side.

Friday went into Rimping by the river, steel bridge they were just stocking the TP shelves they even had some Coke Zero.

Looks like were are doomed............

Most people in Thailand will not even notice the paper shortage. Only 25-30 percent of the world's population uses toilet paper. Why not join the masses? Using water is much cleaner, and healthier besides.

Say, for the sake of argument, that you happened to get some body waste on your fingers or elsewhere on your body. Most people would not be satisfied with simply wiping the shit off their fingers and getting on with their day. I know that I would prefer water, and likewise prefer water after crapping. No paper needed, and it's liberating.

Toilet paper is best used on the dining room table in place of napkins.

Edited by MrBrad

I have totally taken to the sprayer method!... Including a totally green post airdry after a good powerful spray

I actually like a powerful spray... With a little aim practice and muscle group training you can get a really achieve a deep clean technic... But do test an unfamiliar sprayer's power before going to it!...

Now when I find myself at a paper only option stall I never feel clean afterwords... More like smearing things around to me now... :ermm:

I have not gone totally native - And have yet to master the crouching ladle maneuver...

Edited by sfokevin

Most people in Thailand will not even notice the paper shortage. Only 25-30 percent of the world's population uses toilet paper. Why not join the masses? Using water is much cleaner, and healthier besides.

Say, for the sake of argument, that you happened to get some body waste on your fingers or elsewhere on your body. Most people would not be satisfied with simply wiping the shit off their fingers and getting on with their day. I know that I would prefer water, and likewise prefer water after crapping. No paper needed, and it's liberating.

Very good analogies Mr Brad :)

I always like to ask folks who dont use water if they use water to wash their cars or just wipe them with dry rags.

Edited by flying

Looks like were are doomed............

Anyone who keeps drinking a lot of that shit is certainly doomed.........but will live longer if they can't get any !

Rubber gloves in the shower during post-defecatory soap-cleaning of relevant area.

Then wash and clean rubber gloves, while still on hands, with anti-bacterial soap.

Then remove rubber-gloves. Use shower spray to hose down ceramic shower floor. Last step: hose off washed feet.

Mint-all-over-freshy !

~o:37;

Rubber gloves in the shower during post-defecatory soap-cleaning of relevant area.

Then wash and clean rubber gloves, while still on hands, with anti-bacterial soap.

Then remove rubber-gloves. Use shower spray to hose down ceramic shower floor. Last step: hose off washed feet.

Mint-all-over-freshy !

~o:37;

seems like a lot of work just to take a dump

It took me decades to get used to using the water spray. Yes, like some have said press it gently and don't miss aim at.the balls, that would really hurt!

And another thing, toilets in some Isaan people's homes have no tissue papers.

I've asked several small shops about their supplies. They've all said no problem, takes a little longer now because the route from bkk is several 100s of kms longer. But they don't relay on large distribution centers, but smaller suppliers, so their logistics chain is still working. Go and look at a smaller shop, they'll have.

First came to India when I came to Asia. There's no paper there outside the big cities. Takes about a month to get over the mental block of cleaning yourself with your left hand, but after that, no problem. It's actually much cleaner. Water runs continuously, you'll learn how to clean by doing. Hand is not dirty as water runs all the time. Wash your hands after, much cleaner. I can't imagine going back to paper.........

i'm getting more and more confused. Wash with the sprayer, left hand, smear with paper, dry with paper, drip dry, blower seat, rubber gloves...

I think I'll stick with gentle sprayer, and dry with paper.... best of luck to the rest of ya.

... seems like a lot of work just to take a dump

Sawasdee Khrup Khun SoftGeorge,

during post-defecatory soap-cleaning of relevant area[/quote ~o:37;]

Of course, that ... depends ... on what the meaning of 'post-defecatory' ... is.

best, Bill

... seems like a lot of work just to take a dump

Sawasdee Khrup Khun SoftGeorge,

during post-defecatory soap-cleaning of relevant area

Of course, that ... depends ... on what the meaning of ... 'post-defecatory' ... is.

A fine upstanding wooden post is one thing, a tree-stump near knee-height another, and a concrete street-light support, yet another. You may need rubber gloves of varying thicknesses, but I suggest that in no case should they be transparent, or translucent.

But, I do think that, as the great spiritual master Yogi Berra said: "Ninety percent of this game is half-mental," and the really important thing is to keep your mind fixed steadily on the goal, which is not mere excretion, but the sublime state of mint-freshy-all-over !

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

I always like to ask folks who dont use water if they use water to wash their cars or just wipe them with dry rags.

Anyone remember that shiny toilet tissue? sad.gif

Anyone remember that shiny toilet tissue? sad.gif

The grease proof paper that became the toilet paper of choice for councils in the UK? Not only did it lacerate your sphincter, it also had a tendency to split mid wipe, resulting in a smear of feces across your fingers. And to top it all off, it didn't bloody work anyway!

I'm happy with the wash and air dry method, no tissue needed. But any of you worried about lack of toilet paper, loads about, just avoid the major chains/franchises.