October 29, 201114 yr ...just spotted one today...refuges from BKK I guess...if I see a black one and if it's you MRO,I owe you a Chang...or Bud......cheers!
October 30, 201114 yr By the looks of it, I probably won't be driving mine again for a few weeks at least I'll take the PJS through flooded roads, but not the Cayenne, heh. It's never seen a wet road
October 30, 201114 yr I don't blame you. Even though it's a 4x4 with decent wade depth (better than normal cars anyway) it's the flooded out car in front of you that will block your way and get you into trouble! My 4x4 is staying in the dry!
October 30, 201114 yr Author By the looks of it, I probably won't be driving mine again for a few weeks at least I'll take the PJS through flooded roads, but not the Cayenne, heh. It's never seen a wet road ...should say something funny here,but better not,don't want to upset the owner...but don't you think it can handle it(the wet)....:lol:??
October 30, 201114 yr By the looks of it, I probably won't be driving mine again for a few weeks at least I'll take the PJS through flooded roads, but not the Cayenne, heh. It's never seen a wet road ...should say something funny here,but better not,don't want to upset the owner...but don't you think it can handle it(the wet)....:lol:?? Would you risk driving a 6MB motor through a potential flood zone? It’s not that the car cannot take it, it’s that the car in front can’t… Once the car in front becomes flooded, MRO in his 4x4 would be stranded, it’s not quite up to driving over the car in front. With the unpredictability of the flood waters I doubt anyone would risk it unless they had to. According to the manual my car can drive through 50cm water depth. According to web forums owners have taken the same 4x4 through 1m water depths without issue. But, if for some reason we have to stop, i.e. the car in front is stuck… it’s potentially a very expensive fix.
October 30, 201114 yr ^ Yep, that's it. I shudder at the thought of how much repairs would be if the battery pack in the rear floor got flooded/shorted, and I'm pretty sure it would be a whole lot more expensive than replacing the wife's Pajero Sport
October 30, 201114 yr Never buy anything that can go anywhere.Theres no excuse for not visiting relatives at Christmas.
October 30, 201114 yr Christmas in TH has past 8 years been beachfront lobster. Thats called tradition and there is something abouth these dirt cheap japs/TH pickups and suv, able to go almost anywhere and repairs almost for free
October 30, 201114 yr Author ^ Yep, that's it. I shudder at the thought of how much repairs would be if the battery pack in the rear floor got flooded/shorted, and I'm pretty sure it would be a whole lot more expensive than replacing the wife's Pajero Sport ..yeah,yeah,I know...it was(!) a joke......I would rather take my G-wagon than Audi when it rains...
October 31, 201114 yr A Range Rover can go up to the doorhandles and no water gets in. Used it last night. Hardest part is finding your glass to see which mode to bung it in. Oh to be Young Again,i could bore people for hours years ago about stupid features, and i used em for no reason too.!!, All that realy made me jump was the Fans,they made a noise and cut out. It crawled on it own for about 2mins and came out unscathed..Fans re started, thankfully , one hour at 180,and this morning its not even muddy. How does a German Tin Hat compare i wonder. Come on MRO,give it some work to do.
Create an account or sign in to comment