Embassies Open In Bangkok ?

Just got into Thailand and hearing about this mass exodus from Bangkok due to flooding !!

I need to go to an Embassy in Silom road tomorrow, planning to get bus from Pattaya and BTS to Surasak

Is everything still open for business ?

cheers

dec,

I'm wondering the same thing. I should be hearing from the USCIS any day now for a fiance visa (expedited) and I am curious if the US embassy is in an area that looks to flood. I have been reading some conflicting reports, some saying all of Bangkok will be flooded to some extent in the coming days/week (which would halt embassy operations). Others say that it will only be the city periphary. So.....anyone know if that area looks to be in the danger zone for the week or so ahead? Thanks for the information guys.

Isn't tomorrow a public holiday in Thailand? Could that effect whether or not the Embassies are open regardless of the flooding?

anyone have more info on this holiday, are schools / banks closed ?? really don't want a wasted journey to Bangkok.... dealing with Kazakhstan consulate and from experience they seem to close for any reason, don't answer the phone or update their website ...

Isn't tomorrow a public holiday in Thailand? Could that effect whether or not the Embassies are open regardless of the flooding?

anyone have more info on this holiday, are schools / banks closed ?? really don't want a wasted journey to Bangkok.... dealing with Kazakhstan consulate and from experience they seem to close for any reason, don't answer the phone or update their website ...

The government announced a Public holiday from 27th to 31st due to the flooding. All Public offices will be closed.

I do not know if the Embassies have adopted the same policy, perhaps someone will give a more definitive answer in your other thread.

I asked similar questions in this thread:

One of the replies in that thread was in regard to the VFS centre closure over the period 27-31 Oct. I am assuming the Embassies will open as usual on Tuesday if they are in a location not at imminent risk of flooding.

cheers for the ifo.. didn't know about the public holiday so you probably saved me a wasted trip.... as said, from my experience, the Kaz consulate seem to close with any excuse..

Next open day is Wed and i am leaving Thailand that night so may have to travel to Bkk twice or post a thread on hotel availability :huh:

I called the British Embassy on Friday as I am awaiting a Visa decision and asked if they were still processing Visas, they said "No, the Embassy would be operating a reduced service for emergencies only till Tuesday at the earliest".

The website today says "British Embassy in Bangkok is open but limited service due to the Floods, Please call +66 (0)23058333 before you visit Embassy".

They obviously are reacting to the latest conditions and will open / not open depending on the local situation regarding the floods...... Best to call before visiting in any event, I think !!!

The government announced a Public holiday from 27th to 31st due to the flooding. All Public offices will be closed.

I do not know if the Embassies have adopted the same policy, perhaps someone will give a more definitive answer in your other thread.

I asked similar questions in this thread: http://www.thaivisa...._1#entry4802055

One of the replies in that thread was in regard to the VFS centre closure over the period 27-31 Oct. I am assuming the Embassies will open as usual on Tuesday if they are in a location not at imminent risk of flooding.

The VFS centre is closed for processing on those dates, however, it will open for a few hours (not sure what hours) for passport collection. The Australian Embassy website says there may be some delays in visa processing times due to the current situation.