Thai Kids Dance In Hmong Style Dress

fabianfred

..how about Akha girls dancing traditional Akha steps in traditional Akha costumes.

this one is real Akha girls at a Thai temple festival, but I do not know if their dance is traditional Akha or not. The village community has Akha people and Thai and Shan living there but it is not a strictly Akha village. There are many dance groups here in the North who like to dance fast to the beat of drums and have made up costumes 'loosely based' upon various hill-tribe styles.

this one is an example...

but it is difficult to find the real thing now.

Edited by fabianfred

..how about Akha girls dancing traditional Akha steps in traditional Akha costumes.

this one is real Akha girls at a Thai temple festival, but I do not know if their dance is traditional Akha or not. The village community has Akha people and Thai and Shan living there but it is not a strictly Akha village. There are many dance groups here in the North who like to dance fast to the beat of drums and have made up costumes 'loosely based' upon various hill-tribe styles.

this one is an example...

but it is difficult to find the real thing now.

..your topic title says <Thai Kids Dance In Hmong Style Dress>

when in fact Hmong people and their dress are distinctly different from Akha.

When you say Thai kids, do you mean Tai Yai (Shan) of children from Thailand..a bit confusing what you wrote!

Edited by rodcourt49

my mistake..perhaps i should have put hill-tribe style dress...they are not actually hill-tribe kids...just dressed up.

..very colourful and entertaining all the same..reminded me of the dancing troup in last years Floral Parade in Chiang Mai.

Edited by rodcourt49