Chai'S Blues House

GuestHouse

Can anyone who's in Chiang Mai tell me if Chai's Blues House is still in business?

I've leave coming for the whole of December and will be visiting CM, I'm hoping Chai is still strumming but can't find any up to date information on t'internet.

Neither the Chai's Blues House website nor facebook page have been updated for months so I'm fearing the worst.

I heard of Boy's Blues place for quite a while but it was shut up. Tonight my wife and I went to the new Boy's Blues Bar in the center of Kalare Market and I really enjoyed myself. Boy is a real happy Thai, and can he ever make his electric guitar sing! Thanks to Thai Visa for telling me about it. I had a way better time than going to some girlie bar with a too-loud CD. Check it out!

I went there on the opening night but got there too early I guess. Seems like they have to wait until the Lanna dance/music show at Kalare is over before they can play music at Boy's. They were tuning up earlier on and it was really distracting the performers in the show. I guess it was about 21:30 and there still was no one at Boy's place yet. I'll go again another night but later next time.

I went there on the opening night but got there too early I guess. Seems like they have to wait until the Lanna dance/music show at Kalare is over before they can play music at Boy's. They were tuning up earlier on and it was really distracting the performers in the show. I guess it was about 21:30 and there still was no one at Boy's place yet. I'll go again another night but later next time.

Thanks. I'll keep my eyes peeled for feedback.

• 1 month later...

To OP .. Just fyi -- I saw a video where Chai was playing at Brasserie around the 7th of November (I think) so maybe he is around Chiang Mai. We may go there tonight if we're not too sleepy.... It's hard for us "old farts" to stay up sometimes.

We went to Boy Blues Bar a couple of weeks ago. It was nice. He has different bass player and a different drummer now. They were good and they have a good location for attracting bypassers.

Edited by just_Elaine

Drove by The Brasserie and all I saw was a crater- did the place burn to the ground?

Can someone confirm or amplify this comment? I live in Hua Hin but have known Took for a long time from when I used to live in CM. Is the Brasserie still there? Open?

Drove by The Brasserie and all I saw was a crater- did the place burn to the ground?

Can someone confirm or amplify this comment? I live in Hua Hin but have known Took for a long time from when I used to live in CM. Is the Brasserie still there? Open?

Brasserie is still there and not under duress at all. Strange that anyone would claim that the place is a crater now, must be someone who doesn't know where the Brasserie is.

Brasserie is still there and not under duress at all. Strange that anyone would claim that the place is a crater now, must be someone who doesn't know where the Brasserie is.

The toilet there is under some duress anyway. It could certainly use a makeover.

The toilet there is under some duress anyway. It could certainly use a makeover.

It's fair game for someone to say that they don't like the place, but having a dirty toilet is a far cry from being cratered and out of business.

Edited by OriginalPoster

Chai Blues mini concert at Boy Blues Bar tonight (Saturday) at 8.30pm.

http://www.facebook.com/events/236594026409207/

Was there last night.. If same format, Boy and the Band played for awhile. Chai came a little before 10pm. They played for awhile, then had a female singer for 3 songs and then back to Chai, Boy and the band. It was really good and fun. Chai said he and the female singer was going to there tonight.

Edited by just_Elaine