Car

uptheos

Browsing through the TV Chiang Mai auto classified ads, I came across the ad below.

It sounds like someone who has 'left home' in quite a hurry, taking what he can in the process..

I'm interested in what TV members think about this particular ad? Would anyone really buy it - why/why not?

i have a toyota avanza without papers!!!the blue bookand all papers has the family from my ex. they dont want to give me the papers back but theylive in south of thailandand i just moved to chiang mai with the car.the car is 5 years old and in good condition,color gold.you will never get the papers and can not try toget new papers.but if you live in a quiet aerea of thailand youhave no problems.but i live in chiang mai and i also think they tryto get the car from me or stat making problems.

so if anyone is interested, the car is 450000thbworth but i give it away for 150000thb

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/cars/toyota-avanza-132285.html

Some local Police guy would probably buy it :whistling:

I was just thinking the same thing wink.gif

There was a topic not long ago with some people saying how easy it is to get papers... Maybe they will buy it.

Sounds like trouble to me.

MSPain

There was a topic not long ago with some people saying how easy it is to get papers... Maybe they will buy it.

MSPain

It doesn't say who actually owns the car. If the advertiser does own it, would the family really come up from the south to try and get it.

Yes, indeed it sounds like trouble, might be better to just give it to them and live without looking over the shoulder.

MSPain

It doesn't say who actually owns the car. If the advertiser does own it, would the family really come up from the south to try and get it.

Yes, indeed it sounds like trouble, might be better to just give it to them and live without looking over the shoulder.

One problem is that without ownership documents you'd never get it licensed, and we all know how vigilant the CMPD are about traffic stops to check licenses. Maybe if one migrates to a small town as implied in the add it could be worth it.

MSPain

One problem is that without ownership documents you'd never get it licensed, and we all know how vigilant the CMPD are about traffic stops to check licenses. Maybe if one migrates to a small town as implied in the add it could be worth it.

Then,in a small town you wouldn't need a car.

You could park it in the driveway and wash it every Sunday. biggrin.gif

Exactly what I was thinking. Wife's parents could sit in it now and then and invite over the neighbors. :partytime2:

Edited by venturalaw

Exactly what I was thinking. Wife's parents could sit in it now and then and invite over the neighbors. :partytime2:

Go to a close-to-the-border town and make arrangements to receive a very small amount to have the car disappear.

If you are driving the car and it is in the family members name, you may be charged with auto theft anyhow..... so find one of the border business men who make cars disappear into the next country..... at least you would get something out of it..... and don't post of public forums what you are doing.

as much as it sound like a good offer , but if that someone else hold the paper and is in his or her name .

you buying it mean you are in procession of a stolen goods . the owner who hold the paper work can report it and in by some freak chances your got stop by a police stop and the number show up .

you get in trouble .

if you really in needs of a cars , trust me for 150k you can get tons of cars out on the market cash in with paper .

as much as it sound like a good offer , but if that someone else hold the paper and is in his or her name .

you buying it mean you are in procession of a stolen goods .

Yes, and Thaivisa Classifieds is currently fencing the goods. I don't use the classifieds site so haven't read the rules, but likely that's not the purpose of the site.

How do we know it's stolen goods?

The advert says the family won't give him the papers back. I suppose if it's his car he could simply go to the police, but from the tone of the ad he wouldn't want the family to get near to him.

Why I'm a bit curious, I have seen loads of ads mainly for bikes, but some for cars saying "does not have a green/blue book".

Would anyone buy a vehicle without the book?

Ta 22 Thank you for your offer, but I was just browsing and this caught my eye.

Looking at the original advert it would seem that he is the owner, but the ex and the in laws won't give him the papers back. If this is the case he can apply to the Lands and Transport for the issue of new papers. I can understand him not wanting to go on record as living here. Take the car, throw in the glof clubs and get as far away as possible :whistling:

If it is his car that he is selling then it's completely trivial to get replacement papers.

That he's willing to take a hit from 450K down to 150K should alert even the blind that somehing highly fishy is going on.

Yes, I agree it sounds really strange, unless he's so scared of possibly alerting the family or whoever, that he's just trying to get what he can.

It's interesting that he says "you cannot try to get new papers" - so that's really fishy.

Edited by uptheos

:lol:

You'd need to pay me 150k to ponce around in one of those katoey wagons. :whistling:

I like Gonzo's idea, or perhaps owner could pay a slightly shifty PI to get in the house and <deleted> papers, or chat up dude in the licencing dept. But at this juncture, it ain't worth squat.

MSPain

If one is going to break the law just steal a license plate. It will lesson the chances of getting stopped.

Just go all the way and don't be bashful about it.B)

Edited by hellodolly

...hope his "family" is NOT reading this(TV):ph34r:...I'm pretty sure he paid for this car,but his chances don't look good...my friend lost one car before,his ex just "borrowed" it to go to wat...and he never saw the car again...:whistling:...but the bitch came back for more...:lol:

so the guy has no papers ,he has got acopy of the original owners ID card all the keys and some signed paper saying he bought it (dont think official )just signed paper

what would his options be ,has been to the tax office to renew ,but family have done it for him already, since this was done he finished with his partner ,and now wont give him

the documents.has told the office that they sent it to him by post and its now lost ,and can he get a replacement ,they said no ,but did insure it for him ,anybody out there with some options

for him to try,he does'nt really want to sell the car ,he's just a bit pissed off with the money grabbing family ...

Why are there so many bikes for sale, saying no green book?

We are not talking Waves and Clicks, but big expensive bikes.

Who buys them? unsure.gif

Most bikes over 150 cc are grey imports that have invoices, shipped in as parts and reassembled and have not taken the vehicle stringency test to get a legitimate license plate and greenbook. Some of them have greenbooks from like old Honda Dreams or something to get registration. While there are some legitimate big bikes for sale with book, the serial number must match the vehicle code, eg; NC31-XXX-XXXX, where as NC31 would be the correct model number for that bike. A Honda Dream is not and you'll probably get busted.

Kawasaki has taken the first steps to provide fairly priced 'big bikes' in Thailand with legitimate greenbooks, so expect to see more and more of 'no book' bikes up for sale, as Kawasaki eats up the big bike market.

Why are there so many bikes for sale, saying no green book?

We are not talking Waves and Clicks, but big expensive bikes.

Who buys them? unsure.gif

Most bikes over 150 cc are grey imports that have invoices, shipped in as parts and reassembled and have not taken the vehicle stringency test to get a legitimate license plate and greenbook. Some of them have greenbooks from like old Honda Dreams or something to get registration. While there are some legitimate big bikes for sale with book, the serial number must match the vehicle code, eg; NC31-XXX-XXXX, where as NC31 would be the correct model number for that bike. A Honda Dream is not and you'll probably get busted.

Kawasaki has taken the first steps to provide fairly priced 'big bikes' in Thailand with legitimate greenbooks, so expect to see more and more of 'no book' bikes up for sale, as Kawasaki eats up the big bike market.

Thanks for that KRS1.

I've actually seen big bikes costing a few hundred thousand - like 'very rare, no green book, 350,000 Baht'. unsure.gif