Immigration Devision 3 Now At Suan Plu Bkk

Due to flooding situation, Immigration Divition 3 including Ayuthaya, Patumthani and Nonthaburi provinces, will provide extention of VISAs Re-Entry permits, and notifications of 90 dats at Immigration Bureau in Soi Suanplu, Building 1, effecttive from 1 November 2011.

posted on1 Nov 2011

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=readmore&id=1093&section=notice

For map to Suan Plu office: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location3.html

Tthanks Mario. It's good news that Suan Plu is open for 90-day reports for retirees.

But I'm pondering how to get there from my house in Taling Chan without spending more than the 2,000 baht fine for a late report.

I'll let TV know how I achieved that tomorrow (Wednesday) or not and at what cost.

Regards,

TN

I have been trying to phone Suan Plu for the last 3 days and have been unable to get an answer on either of the numbers I have been given.

Now the lady boss tells me that on Tele about half an hour ago they said that Suan Plu office has been shifted to Bang Naa.

Anyone heard anything about this?

If so is there a phone number where I can contact them and what is the address.

I have been trying to phone Suan Plu for the last 3 days and have been unable to get an answer on either of the numbers I have been given.

Now the lady boss tells me that on Tele about half an hour ago they said that Suan Plu office has been shifted to Bang Naa.

Anyone heard anything about this?

If so is there a phone number where I can contact them and what is the address.

Can someone confirm this?

Suan Plu is Suan Plu and has not moved. Perhaps he was informed of the additional offices linked in post 4 above?

I want to change to an O visa but have posted on this on another thread but for me it isnt urgent and I have the option of extending my tourist visa later in the month.

But as I have been unable to contact Suan Plu by phone I dont know right now what to do, still I will try again and wait, only problem is an extra 2000b.

Can someone please confirm if the temporary Nonthaburi immigration office in Soi Sammaki (PTT pump) is still open? I have to do my 90 days this week. Thanks :)

Ok, thx for fast reply.

A friend need to extend a tourist visa, so off to Suan Phlu then!

I had to renew my annual extension of my NON-B and apply for a multiple re-entry visa, so, I went to Suan Phlu.

They are now open for all Nationalities who would normally have to report, renew or apply at the office within their jurisdiction but which are now affected by flooding.

They are open from 8.30am and as you queue and enter the building, immigration officers ask people what it is they have come for and sent you on to a desk immediately inside the door. At that desk they do the initial check of your paperwork (as they do in the ante-room at Chaeng Wattana) and hand you a queue number in the colour corresponding with the section where you need to complete your business.

They are very well set up and I thought the system worked well. I was in and out, with my one year extension and a multiple re-entry visa in 90 minutes. In fact, I think they were better organised than the usual slow moping around you normally see at Chaeng Wattana.

The two officers at the re-entry visa desk were particularly pleasant, kind and helpful. What a nice change.

In my moving through the building, I did see various sections that were set up for the different districts currently being flooded, in what used to be the main entrance hall. Again, all fairly well organised with sign posts.

Suan Phlu was busy but not over crowded.

All in all a good experience.

Frm-Bkk

Driving with high qualified Taxidriver from Lamlukka Klong Kao (Road to Rangsit still under water) around BKK in 2 hours to Suan Plu.

Passing roads with 30cm water, but less traffic, fell like sightseeing tour, don't going Expressway :rolleyes:

90 day Report done in 3 minutes. I asked the officers how they go to work, they use taxi too.

But without this wonderful Taxi driver, this will be a odyssee, we pay 1500 Bt. inclusive a few stops for shopping, embassy and a foodland Nutcorner for thanks. :)