Bangkok Immigration Opens Extra Service Points

According to flooded Chaengwattana Rd., some foreigners are not able to visit Immigration Division 1.

In order to release these troublesome and inconvenience, Immigration Division will open some extra services at following offices;

1. Office One Stop Center for Visa and Work Permits located at Chamchuri Square Buliding , special services are as follows;

1.1 Extension of temporary stay for reasons of working at business company, government unit, international organization, foundation, Studing,, Teaching.

1.2 Ninty day report for the above mentioned reasons.

1.3 Visa Issueing and change type of visa.

2. Office at Immgiratipon Bureau Soi SuanPlu (1st Floor, One Building ) special services are as follows;

2.1 Extension of temporary stay for reason of tourist , retirement , medicle treatment , staying / visit Thai spouse / Childrend and Other

2.2 Ninty day report for the above mentioned reasons.

2.3 Re-entry Permit.

Office at Goverment Complex still open.

Extra servcies above will be begining from 1 November, 2011 unit normal situation return.

Map to go to One Stop Center for Visa and Work Permits located at Chamchuri Square Buliding: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location2.html

You can go there for all extensions of stay, 90 day reports etc if your stay is WORK related

Map to go to Soi SuanPlu: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location3.html

You can go there for all extensions of stay NOT work related: like marriage, tourism and retirement

Thanks, Mario. And where to mail 90-day address report---Chaeng Wattana, or Suan Plu?

Also, I am in Chiang Mai for a visit. Any problem mailing to BKK with my BKK address on the form, and alsoon BKK return envelope, same address, and same address on both envelopes as sender or receiver of mail? I am concerned about a Chaing Mai postmark on my mail to them, that it not be some sort of red light to them. This situation, I would think, comes up alot when people travel in-country.

Mail to the normal address. The postman will know where to deliver it.

Your poststamp should not be a problem, you can always explain that you were running from the flood or just on a small trip but your residence is still in BKK.

Basicly, if your extension of stay has to do with work (teacher, normal business, working for an embassy or international organisation, etc) you go to the One Styop service Center.

All other extensions, like being based on marrriage, retirement, tourism must use Suan Plu.

Edit:

To be more clear. The exception is studying. Students must also go to the One Stop Service Centre.

Any recommendations on which roads are best to take in order to get to Gov Complex at this time, I'll be driving from Bang Na and usually take the express way up to Khlong Kluea and down Chaeng Wattana from there.

be

Apparently the office is open there and I'm due to pick up the stamp for my wedding visa extension on THursday. Seems this can not be done at the new temp locations.

Any help appreciated...or a phone number for the Gov Complex, still looking for that

Tks

KK

Although I have no idea what a "wedding visa extension" means you should be able to obtain in Suan Plu per below. I suspect if you have been waiting you mean a one year Thai Wife extension of stay?

2.1 Extension of temporary stay for reason of tourist , retirement , medicle treatment , staying / visit Thai spouse / Childrend and Other

Although I have no idea what a "wedding visa extension" means you should be able to obtain in Suan Plu per below. I suspect if you have been waiting you mean a one year Thai Wife extension of stay?

Thanks, yes the Thai Wife / Wedding Visa thing. Did the application last month due to pick up the Stamp on Nov 3rd. I called the 1111 contact number and the nice folks there

told me it can be done at Suan Plu :)

On that note, the 1111 has about a 5-10 minute hold but is answered and the folks were very helpful.

I will post here because it is current but this post refers to my previous postings on change from Tourist to O visa for retirement.

Lop buri office is open but will not do the change from Tourist to O visas, they say go to Laak sii (Chaeng Wattana)

They say if my tourist visa is due to expire because of the floods they will extend it for 30 days.

I now have the phone number of Office One Stop Center for Visa and Work Permits located at Chamchuri Square Buliding , When I go home I will phone them and ask if they will do the change, if not then I guess I will have to wait.

You can not use One Stop for retirement. You must either use Chiang Watanna or there emergency location at the old Suan Plu office.

I would advise you to go to Savannakhet and obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa from them and avoid flooding issues.

You can not use One Stop for retirement. You must either use Chiang Watanna or there emergency location at the old Suan Plu office.

I would advise you to go to Savannakhet and obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa from them and avoid flooding issues.

Thanks Lopburi

I left myself plenty of time so still have the option of a 30 day extention as the 60 days does not expire till 27th of this month so I guess I will wait out the water.

I will however give them a call (am at internet shop, no connection at home)

This for info for those thinking of using Suan Plu this week. I went mid-morning today for a Re-entry permit on my Non-Imm OA visa. Fearing the worst, I stocked up on reading material and music to pass the time. But never had a chance for either as I was in and out (successfully) in less than 15 mins! Not sure how long the other services were taking, but things seemed generally orderly and moving at pace given the large numbers of people being served.

RS

Besides the new locatiions at Suan Plu in bangkok, people falling under the immigration offices in Ayuthaya or Nonthaburi can also go to another temporary immigration office.

For Ayuthaya there is a temporary immigration office inside the Ayuthaya Highway Police Station, opposite the Ayutthaya park and Tesco Lotus.

Residents of Nonhtaburi can go to the Petroleum Gasstation at Soi Samakkee, Tiwanon Road.

Source: http://www.immigrati...&section=notice

Topic running here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/509912-extra-immigration-offices-for-ayuthaya-and-nonthaburi/

Bump to remind people of the extra offices.

No changes have been reported by immigration about the opening of the several extra service points.

yeah...in your previous post regarding temporary immigration offices in Ayutthaya and Nonthaburi is the option still available to go to Suan Plu or are those of us in those 'catchment areas' (in my case Suphanburi ==> Ayutthaya) required to use the temporary offices?

from where I sit it looks easier to get to BKK than to get to Ayutthaya...unless by boat...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I went to Suan Plu today to extend my Visa.

I arrived around 11 and it was terrible long queues everywhere, looked like a complete chaos . Finally after almost 3 hours I received my passport back .

So be prepared for a long wait!

I have been told (by the company that does my visas / work permit) to show up at Suan Plu tomorrow morning for extention of my work-related visa. Are there changes to the above rules?

Anyway, I will report back tomorrow whether we have to go to Chamchuri Square instead.

A friend went to Chaeng Wattana to arrange conversion to a Non-Imm 'O' (based on retirement and the intention to extend within 90 days) and has a receipt from there.

He now wants to go back and have the visa stamped in his passport - where should he go to ? Chamchuri Square building ?

Just a quick one to avoid wasting time, my 1 year extension based on marriage is about to end and I can go to Suan Plu this week and only need to bring this right?

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wife’s house registration

6. Copy wife’s identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

money in bank for 2-3 months (I pout it like 3.5 moinths ago to be safe) in advance 400.000 Baht

1. Letter from bank same day stating bank records, make a transaction just before to get it up to date.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

THX!

Basch

Immigration notice about access to Chaeng Wattana Road:

Due to high level of the flood now at the

entrance of Government Complex on Chaengwattana RD.,

small cars can not pass

up.

In case of visitors wishing to contact Immigration Division 1 at

Government Complex,

please take the military trucks or other service

vehicles which are available at the front of MAKRO STORES,Chaengwattana

Branch.

Map: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/bus_stop.html

I have been told (by the company that does my visas / work permit) to show up at Suan Plu tomorrow morning for extention of my work-related visa. Are there changes to the above rules?

Anyway, I will report back tomorrow whether we have to go to Chamchuri Square instead.

No problem at all at Suan Plu. Many people there, but well organised. They have differenent queues, "M" is for extension of stay based on business. My number came up before I could even take a seat.