PM Yingluck Denies Being Indecisive In Solving Flood Crisis

webfact

"The plan would mobilise all real experts........". Does that indicate the people in charge now who are working on the flood relief are "fake experts"?

You don't want to hear the true answer to your question, do you? :huh:

No really. We already know the true answer. Besides if you used the true adjectives to describe the fake experts then you might be banned from TV. Wouldn't want that.

"The plan would mobilise all real experts........". Does that indicate the people in charge now who are working on the flood relief are "fake experts"?

She had help from Dutch experts a week or so ago. They recommended bigger dykes at Don Muang and also mentioned that a second wave of water will hit Bangkok in 3 weeks time.

The government disregarded all the advice thinking that once the seasonal high tides had passed all the danger was over.

So I'd like to see how much advice they will take in the future.

What did you expect. Yes, I have been useless. This is hardly a real news story.

I think you have the beginnings of her resignation speech.

I don't think so.

And anyway...if (just IF) she resign tomorrow or next month - what will be changed here? There will be another moron, and everything will be running exactly the same. The only faces changing on the election banners - but not the things around!

Being here for decades, I hardly care who it is on power now. Why? Because all of them exactly the same. Same menthality, same environment...same greeds, ambitions and lack of common sense/education/etc.

Here will be NO changes whoever is in power right now. Not in this life. First they must change their way of thinking, which of course WILL NOT happen in the seen future. Don't even think of it.

+1

She had help from Dutch experts a week or so ago. They recommended bigger dykes at Don Muang and also mentioned that a second wave of water will hit Bangkok in 3 weeks time.

The government disregarded all the advice thinking that once the seasonal high tides had passed all the danger was over.

As the old saying goes "you can lead a horse to the water but you can't make him drink". I think they would never openly take advice. Maybe behind closed doors with the advisor sworn to secrecy. The old lose face thing.

Here in Don Muang we are reaping the benefits of them disregarding that sound advice.

The PM also denied claims that she discussed the flood crisis with her brother, former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, via Skype.

Find that a bit hard to believe dont you ? but she is most likely telling the truth....she hasnt been talking to him on Skype, but talking to him to via telephone/email :rolleyes:

I presume her reply / comment is in response to a useless question by a useless journalist. Who gives a flying rat's ass who she has been talking to about the floods? A totally irrelevant point, except to try and score some cheap political points. And guess what? Some TVF posters did not disappoint. The first reply to the article picks up on this totally irrelevant point followed by the usual gaggle of posters who can think of nothing better to do with their time other than to waste bandwidth. How much more intelligent we farangs would seem if we would instead discuss the priorities as laid out in the report.

Well considering the lame ass attempts she has shown so far, she would need to be talking to someone! maybe she could call you for better advice?

So the PM is going to an APEC meeting mid-november in Hawaii?????

Hope that the posters who complained about Abhisit going to the Maldives take note.

I'm no dynasty fan, but any Thai PM would kind of have to go. If she didn't go, especially someone obviously unqualified and weak as she is, it would look like she is afraid to stand in the same company as other world leaders. We all know she won't accept tough interviewers, like Hard Talk, but APEC I think she HAS to do.

So the PM is going to an APEC meeting mid-november in Hawaii?????

Hope that the posters who complained about Abhisit going to the Maldives take note.

I'm no dynasty fan, but any Thai PM would kind of have to go. If she didn't go, especially someone obviously unqualified and weak as she is, it would look like she is afraid to stand in the same company as other world leaders. We all know she won't accept tough interviewers, like Hard Talk, but APEC I think she HAS to do.

who would she leave in charge? Charlerm & his sons? Or maybe Banharn?

who would she leave in charge? Charlerm & his sons? Or maybe Banharn?

Who would notice if she was gone? No one is in charge now. No one needs to be in charge if she's not here.

No one noticed that Abhisit had gone to the Maldives until a couple of days after he got back, and he didn't even need to be here.

Edited by whybother

The PM also denied claims that she discussed the flood crisis with her brother, former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, via Skype.

Find that a bit hard to believe dont you ? but she is most likely telling the truth....she hasnt been talking to him on Skype, but talking to him to via telephone/email :rolleyes:

I presume her reply / comment is in response to a useless question by a useless journalist. Who gives a flying rat's ass who she has been talking to about the floods? A totally irrelevant point, except to try and score some cheap political points. And guess what? Some TVF posters did not disappoint. The first reply to the article picks up on this totally irrelevant point followed by the usual gaggle of posters who can think of nothing better to do with their time other than to waste bandwidth. How much more intelligent we farangs would seem if we would instead discuss the priorities as laid out in the report.

If this was a useless question by a useless journalist making an irrelevant point, what does that make your somewhat lenghty reply to such uselessness?

If this was a useless question by a useless journalist making an irrelevant point, what does that make your somewhat lenghty reply to such uselessness?

Reasonable comment, I think.

Yingluck said her government was decisive enough in handling the situation but there were so many factors - not only public demand but also technical problems. In making a simple decision to open a sluice gate to let water flow, the government needed to consult many agencies including ... ... ...

When the "Disaster Law" was invoked the 9th of October, what was again the reason? Anyone who still remembers ? Wasn't it something about being able to better control, order, get things done :ermm:

Edited by rubl

Yes because the internet is to crap to use Skype in Thailand.