Briton Found Guilty Of Murdering Thai Wife For Smashing His Star Wars Toys

Buchholz

What is it about Brits - some get hopping mad so quickly? Ok, granted, people from all nationalities are capable of that. But I've personally been the brunt of it in recent weeks. A couple Brits and an Aussie (part of the commonwealth, eh chums?) individually got raving mad at me for the slightest inference (on my part). I won't go in to detail (I could, but you'd have to contact me for that), but the usual pattern is: slight misunderstanding (from my perspective), then full bore postal raving punk vomiting rage from them. Maybe it has to do with their empire getting whittled away for the past 220 years (?) I don't know. What I do know is: one measure of a man's maturity is his ability (or lack thereof) to control his anger. Grow up Brits. Getting angry is a lose lose scenario.

Top Generalisation!

Good job...

SC

Yeah. My new Brit neighbour copped a rage attack from my American neighbour just the other day for something very minor. He (the Brit) was asking me about him (the American) because he was surprised how viral he went over nothing. Perhaps Maidu will will be able to come up with an historical theory for the reasons behind that.

Some people are just finely tuned and will snap at the slightest thing. Have you met my wife? it can be like walking on broken glass at times, one has to tread very gently and hope the birds don't shit on the lawn.:D

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonder if the wife had murdered him in Thailand what the outcome would have been?

Probably a lot longer than the 12 years he's likely to spend in prison.

Going by the number of Thais who have been convicted and sentenced for murdering their foreign spouse in Thailand.

This guy gets life in prison, the American in Phuket who murdered a woman gets 10 years................................AT !!

Life in Britain and Australia means 20 yrs. Life sentence = 20 yrs with a minimum to be served in this case 12 yrs.

Incorrect. About pretty much everything. For one the different states in Australia have very different sentencing structures from each other.

Excuse me, but I don't know why he was sentenced for life. What does that do? He was angry and lost it. Anybody could have done the same thing if under enough stress and rage. A tragedy, yes, but throwing somebody in prison for the rest of their life solves nothing.

The truly said part of this story is that the child is now without a mother or father and will most likely wind up in foster care, scarred for life by this event..

A "life" sentence for murder is mandatory in the UK. However this normally means about 10 years or less if the convicted person behaves in prison and is not judged to be a threat to society, if released "on licence". In a case such as this where it is a domestic murder, it seems likely that he will be in prison for longer than 10 years

Excuse me, but I don't know why he was sentenced for life. What does that do? He was angry and lost it. Anybody could have done the same thing if under enough stress and rage. A tragedy, yes, but throwing somebody in prison for the rest of their life solves nothing.

The truly said part of this story is that the child is now without a mother or father and will most likely wind up in foster care, scarred for life by this event..

A "life" sentence for murder is mandatory in the UK. However this normally means about 10 years or less if the convicted person behaves in prison and is not judged to be a threat to society, if released "on licence". In a case such as this where it is a domestic murder, it seems likely that he will be in prison for longer than 10 years

Sorry I meant NO longer than 10 years

What is it about Brits - some get hopping mad so quickly? Ok, granted, people from all nationalities are capable of that. But I've personally been the brunt of it in recent weeks. A couple Brits and an Aussie (part of the commonwealth, eh chums?) individually got raving mad at me for the slightest inference (on my part). I won't go in to detail (I could, but you'd have to contact me for that), but the usual pattern is: slight misunderstanding (from my perspective), then full bore postal raving punk vomiting rage from them. Maybe it has to do with their empire getting whittled away for the past 220 years (?) I don't know. What I do know is: one measure of a man's maturity is his ability (or lack thereof) to control his anger. Grow up Brits. Getting angry is a lose lose scenario.

What an interesting obervation. I don't know anyone in GB who would call himself "British" except on official documents; we are all English, Scots or Welsh. The only person I have met who insisted on that designation was from Northern Ireland and called herself "Bruttish" - a reflection of the problems that beset that benighted province at that time.

Australia is a completely different country with its own different identities - there's a world of difference between a Cane Toad and a Cockroach. But ask them about Poms and you might get similar replies!

However the situation you have described has only one common factor - you were there and you provoked hostility. I wonder why that could be

What an interesting obervation. I don't know anyone in GB who would call himself "British" except on official documents; we are all English, Scots or Welsh. The only person I have met who insisted on that designation was from Northern Ireland and called herself "Bruttish" - a reflection of the problems that beset that benighted province at that time.

Australia is a completely different country with its own different identities - there's a world of difference between a Cane Toad and a Cockroach. But ask them about Poms and you might get similar replies!

However the situation you have described has only one common factor - you were there and you provoked hostility. I wonder why that could be

It's what happens when you allow Hollywood to recreate history, you end up believing it and make ignorant comments that get people's back up.

May I point out that the Empire hadn't even started 220 years ago.

Edited by theblether

It's what happens when you allow Hollywood to recreate history, you end up believing it and make ignorant comments that get people's back up.

Some people consider that the conquest of Ireland in the seventeenth century marked the start of empire.

I call myself British unless people ask if I'm English, in which case I assume that they want a more specific answer

SC

Some people consider that the conquest of Ireland in the seventeenth century marked the start of empire.

I call myself British unless people ask if I'm English, in which case I assume that they want a more specific answer

SC

I am sure that you do but what I said was that I don't know anyone who uses that description; Ok now I do - you are the first!

Yes, 'a person can be provoked into acting irrationally' and these persons who can be provoked into murder should be taken out of society to protect the vast majority of people whose "mental state" would not ever allow them to be provoked into murdering another person in such circumstances..

One could argue that those who provoke are equally, if not more, guilty.

Those who stick their heads in a lions mouth and get bitten can hardly blame the lion.

So let me get this straight. Are you inferring that the woman in this case is equally, if not more guilty, that her husband?

A 30 year-old man....

suffocating and murdering someone.....

over children's toys. :blink::huh:

Yeah baffling right !! A 30 year old but it makes you just wonder about the man bit.

12 years of being the inmates bitch I hope.

Why?

What's he done to you?

This guy gets life in prison, the American in Phuket who murdered a woman gets 10 years................................AT !!

Life in Britain and Australia means 20 yrs. Life sentence = 20 yrs with a minimum to be served in this case 12 yrs.

Incorrect. About pretty much everything. For one the different states in Australia have very different sentencing structures from each other.

I can't be positive on the other states but in Victoria life is 20 yrs.

SC

Ireland was under English control from the 12th Century, the first English King of Ireland was Henry Vlll in 1532. Ireland was nothing to do with the Empire.