Ready Mix Concrete

overherebc

Probably not the response you wanted... but if you want to know the price of redi-mix, (which should have different mixes depending on what you want to do), why don't you just call the local place(s) and ask? Shouldn't be a problem if you farang or local (ie: should be same price either way). Or, go there and check it out. BTW: the redi-mix is probably much better than having the local labor mix it up.

Probably not the response you wanted... but if you want to know the price of redi-mix, (which should have different mixes depending on what you want to do), why don't you just call the local place(s) and ask? Shouldn't be a problem if you farang or local (ie: should be same price either way). Or, go there and check it out. BTW: the redi-mix is probably much better than having the local labor mix it up.

Hear what you're saying but first place I called wanted to send someone to measure the area and tell me how much I needed, then would give me a price. We are obviously not capable of doing the calculation.

Was just asking for someone to tell me 'I paid 1600 a cube 1800 a cube etc for 5 cube or whatever'

Cheers.

if you want to know the price of redi-mix, (which should have different mixes depending on what you want to do).

Hear what you're saying but first place I called wanted to send someone to measure the area and tell me how much I needed, then would give me a price.

We are obviously not capable of doing the calculation.

Was just asking for someone to tell me 'I paid 1600 a cube 1800 a cube etc for 5 cube or whatever'

Cheers.

I think you have more or less answered your own question, anyway recently :-

Elephant rep come out and recommended 160 steng for 1700 baht / cubic meter, he got the best maybe. :lol:

General rule of thumb, average Northern prices :-

Above ground floors :- 180 " Steng " @ 1,500 bht - 1,650 bht a cube.

Cement: TPI Grade 199 "Green" or similar (you will usually be pouring this over pre-stressed concrete floor / ceiling slabs i.e. ( plank concrete).

Above ground around beams / columns :- 210 " Steng " @ 1,600 bht - 1,750 bht a cube.

Cement: Tiger Brand "Green" Boon Ki ow or similar.

Swimming Pools :- 1 - 2 m in depth maximum :- 240 " Steng " @ 1,700 bht - 1,850 bht a cube.

Cement: TPI Grade 299 " Red " Boon Daeng Portland or Nok Insi Brand :- Diamond Pesch or similar.

Maximum strength (strongly recommended for anything approaching 2 m depth pools) : 280 "Steng" @ 1,750 bht - 1,900 a cube.

Cement: Nok Insi Brand, Diamond Pesch or similar.

If the brands stated above are not available, be sure you are getting an equivalent

Get the Mrs to order, Bangkok & Pattaya prices could be up to 50% higher for ready-mix, particularly if ordered by a farang. :D

Other points are :-

Make sure where the Ready-mix is coming from is near enough so that from the time of mix to the time of pour is not more than 2 hours.

Ideally you don't want to be pouring the ready-mix above 27 degrees.

Try and keep the ready-mix pour area protected from direct Sun, cover with white plastic sheets or something.

If you want to mix yourself 1 cubic metre of a nice strong bit of stuff :- Cement 350 kg, Fine aggregate (sand) 700 kg, Coarse Aggregate (gravel) 1100 kg, Water - 190 kg (190 litres) Note :- that too much water will weaken the mix.

Edited by Kwasaki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
...Make sure where the Ready-mix is coming from is near enough so that from the time of mix to the time of pour is not more than 2 hours.<br /><br />Ideally you <b>don't</b> want to be pouring the ready-mix above 27 degrees....<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I wouldn't let concrete onsite more than 1.5 hours after the mill time stamp, and look for water added by the truck driver always, but especially if youre getting close to that time limit. As for temperature, except in the mountains, you'll not see below 27 except maybe in December :]

DO pour in shade or morning [acute sun angle + least temperature] if possible,

DO keep the pour wet and covered with plastic, burlap or a curing compound to minimize cracking, maximize strength.

Make sure where the Ready-mix is coming from is near enough so that from the time of mix to the time of pour is not more than 2 hours.

Ideally you don't want to be pouring the ready-mix above 27 degrees.

I wouldn't let concrete onsite more than 1.5 hours after the mill time stamp, and look for water added by the truck driver always, but especially if youre getting close to that time limit. As for temperature, except in the mountains, you'll not see below 27 except maybe in December :]

DO pour in shade or morning [acute sun angle + least temperature] if possible,

DO keep the pour wet and covered with plastic, burlap or a curing compound to minimize cracking, maximize strength.

Temperature good point yes depends where you live and better to chose the cooler time of the year to build.

Here something to add which may be of use for some.

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/

Phitsanulok -- Sukhothai Today 01/12 to 6/12 32 °C high 20 °C -- 22 °C low.

Good point about ready-mix but how would you know the correct amount of water was measured in the first place.

I wouldn't use it, I'd mix myself, then I know it's right. K

Edited by Kwasaki

Good point about ready-mix but how would you know the correct amount of water was measured in the first place.

Buy from the big guys. And you can tell by looking at the mix if its stiff enough - then there's always the slump test. For me, on a house-sized project, mixing onsite is not fast enough and is more expensive after all costs including time, labor and materials delivery are all factored in. Plus I hate breathing the stuff laugh.gif

Buy from the big guys. And you can tell by looking at the mix if its stiff enough - then there's always the slump test. For me, on a house-sized project, mixing onsite is not

fast enough and is more expensive after all costs including time, labor and materials delivery are all factored in. Plus I hate breathing the stuff laugh.gif

Yeah !! Bought masks for the guys but they wouldn't wear them, I always do, otherwise coughing for a month or more, not good.

If your builder has more than one project then it's OK but just the one off, for the foundation beams alright ready-mix delivery but fabricating columns in situ, site mixing keeps the builders labourers there during curing times.

In certain circumstances I've found if they pull off it's sometimes trouble trying to get them back and as you surely know the good guys like to keep working.

Unless you like the " law-Khaw " I guess.:D

Edited by Kwasaki