Irrigation Dept Chief Slams Bangkok Governor Over Accusation

webfact

It seems that the Gobernor of Bangkok was caught in his web of "statements".

I must ask you. "The critters like me" Is this the way you se the opposite sex?....critters?

Also your "Fetch my slippers and be quick about it" shows what kind of person you are!!!!!

"bygones be bygones"

"Prime Minister Yingluck tried again to cool them down saying all concerned parties should not take the nitpicking seriously."

blink.gif

I'm sure she read Kiplings' words, and noted them:

IF you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make not make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting for pumps and correct info,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating just look pretty and smile,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make nighmares your master;

If you can think - and definitely not make thoughts your own or your aims;

If you can meet with Triumph and pretend it happens not the same,

And treat those two MBA and Bankok impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Unwisted by knaves to make a truth for the intelligents,

Or watch the things you gave your little wind to, broken,

And stoop and knock'em with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings along with Bro

And risk not one on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And never lose, and start again at your grand beginnings

And never breathe a word about your gains;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except that it's exported fro him, say 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If some men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute placing untraceable gains

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run to get to Dubai,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a true Shinawattra, my dear!

-m. :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Irrigation Department director general Chalit Damrongsak the guy who had a huge hand in creating this problem in the first place by not letting the water out of the dams in the face of the extremely heavy monsoon we had?

Was he the same guy that said: "The water levels that are going to enter Bangkok will most likely be only at 2.3-2.4 metres. Therefore, it will not surpass Bangkok's irrigation dike levels of 2.5 metres," he then went on to say: "I can confirm that Bangkok is going to be spared from the flood."?

Wasn't he also the guy that admitted that the situation might not have been this critical if sluice gates at Khlong Raphipat in Pathum Thani, the catchment area for northern runoff, had been opened sooner?

Isn't he the guy that Bangkok deputy governor Teerachon Manomaiphibul spoke about when he said that the RID had failed to respond to City Hall's call to open all floodgates under its jurisdiction. Mr Teerachon had said the BMA asked the RID almost a month ago to open the floodgates to divert northern runoff to the east and west of the capital?

Isn't he the guy in charge of the Flood Relief Operations Centre [FROC]?

Just wondering.

BTW you can contact him on facebook (http://www.facebook....100001770665452) to tell him what a great job he's doing.

Edited by DaiHard

As someone whose house is under 2.7 meters of water I couldn't give a dam_n about the face Chalit lost in the media due to this. The only correct response should have been "I'm sorry Governor. I'll get you those pumps immediately."

What a bunch of pricks. I am seriously angry at these bastards. I hope karma treats them the way they truly deserve.

Hi Greg,

Sorry to hear about your house. Can I ask, does the electricity come in in an underground cable, like in Europe, or above ground via an electricity pole?

Am asking because have seen some posters say they are flooded, but still seem to be posting from their house.

Just read that today Chartthaipattana advisory chairman and former prime minister Banharn Silapa-archa said the BMA governor should phone Royal Irrigation Department chief directly if the City urgently wanted more water pumps.

Is that allowed? I thought the invocation of the "Disaster Law" and the setup of FROC was meant to make it mandatory to coordinate everything through FROC, with FROC in full control :ermm:

1320458974[/url]' post='4823009']
1320445183[/url]' post='4822736']

FROC the people! This is a national emergency and he doesn't have the paperwork! What a bunch of the stuff that's floating in the water! They're playing ball with a greased football.

Rubbish G'kid. There's also a case to say (given the urgency of the situation) that the letter (it's been acknowledged that the letter does exist) should have been quickly redirected as appropriate and a note passed back to the Bkk Governors people to acknowledge receipt and explain that the letter has been urgently forwarded to the appropriate agency. Not difficult at all.

And g'kid I note that one of your darlings the science minister khun plodprasob making criticisms of why people in Western Bkk weren't warned about inundation.... Hardly the man to be criticizing others about false warnings and stupid nonsensical statement.

There should have been no more need than a phone call asking for pumps at location X, then paperwork to follow. If the Dept of Irrigation saw on TV, that the BMA Gov. needed pumps, why did they not call his office?

This is just a bunch of peckerwoods trying to save face for not doing thier jobs properly. Ok pull the buck out of your rectum and pass it along. Their brains need irrigating...there is an emergency do things NOW!!!Total Cluster FROC.

On Ch.3 before there were reports of bureaucratic stupidity at FROC which lead to the suffering of her mother and her kids - apparently they refused to deliver the milk she said her kids required.

It's just had a mention on the Bangkok Post website as a Latest News article.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Irrigation Department director general Chalit Damrongsak the guy who had a huge hand in creating this problem in the first place by not letting the water out of the dams in the face of the extremely heavy monsoon we had?

Was he the same guy that said: ........snip

Wasn't he also the guy that admitted that....... snip

Isn't he the guy that ....... snip

Yep, that's him.

1320515944[/url]' post='4825117']
1320497595[/url]' post='4824676']

Was he the same guy that said: ........snip

Wasn't he also the guy that admitted that....... snip

Isn't he the guy that ....... snip

Yep, that's him.

More worried about his face than the job at hand.

Doesn't he realize that his actions and words has removed all face he ever had, and would possibly have had in future.

Like a little kid on the playground. Certainly not like a responsable public servant.

can not believe that ngo s have to pay import duties to

actually help the people of Thailand what a joke

I would tell them to go take along walk of a short bridge!

But you can not do that because they would all get wet!

Just push them off the 2nd step of their office building, they'll be wet.

As emergency controls their are all wet.

But why can they be all washed up and forced from the loo and the building for this serial ineptitude?