'Dear Chef" Smoked Meats

gennisis

I can reccomend the range of 'Dear Chef"smoked foods........duck....... pork.....ribs and now bacon.......the bacon is by far far better tasting than any of the bacon I've eaten here...a real smoked oak flavour....not cheap,but the taste and quality is very good.

No, I dont have any connections with them....just a very satisfied customer.

Will check it out (think maybe I had a fee sample which was nice but I need a mouth full to give an opinion) but on the same subject bought some Giraud Gourmet Duck Liver Pate w/Bacon and it was very good, fairly priced (75 bht for 100g) as opposed to the French Import (1300 bth for 180g) and nice to support a local brand from Hang Dong. Can't wait to try some of their other products.

Will check it out (think maybe I had a fee sample which was nice but I need a mouth full to give an opinion) but on the same subject bought some Giraud Gourmet Duck Liver Pate w/Bacon and it was very good, fairly priced (75 bht for 100g) as opposed to the French Import (1300 bth for 180g) and nice to support a local brand from Hang Dong. Can't wait to try some of their other products.

I was thinking of mentioning Giraud, too. Their stuff is first rate. They used to sell a duck/pork saucisson that I liked at least as much as any I ever had in France. At first they were selling it whole, then slices vacuum packed. Now I don't see it at all. Maybe too much work. And the pate you mentioned is delicious. These people don't seem to know how to compromise on quality.

• 1 month later...

Would you by any chance know where in Hangdong Giraud Farm is located. A tel. number would also help. I have been trying to reach them for a while now.

Many Thanks

Would you by any chance know where in Hangdong Giraud Farm is located. A tel. number would also help. I have been trying to reach them for a while now.

Many Thanks

I just googled them and they do have a website and a contact webpage. Doesn't give phone number but there is a form you fill out. Presumably, they will get back to you.