Where To Advertise For Good Google Results?

I'm selling a house with land near Chiang Rai province.

Anyone know some good sites that host free ads that will get some attention in a google search?

It's a large house beside a lake on 20 rai/8 acres with stunning views and a few hundred fruit trees (see attached).

I've tried a few ad sites but nothing appears in a google search.

post-143900-0-26156400-1320473221_thumb.

Thanks for the reply!

I looked at the classifieds section and clicked a few ads, both free and premium. Unfortunately, no matter how many I clicked, I didn't actually see any ads. I get the 'Details' dialogue, showing location, price etc., but nothing in the body of the page where, I assume, the actual advertisement should be. Perhaps there's something wrong with my computer. Also, I've never seen any ads from this site amongst google search results. I also forgot to mention that I DO NOT wish to hear from any opportunist blood-suckers agents.

:jap:

I looked at the classifieds section and clicked a few ads, both free and premium. Unfortunately, no matter how many I clicked, I didn't actually see any ads. I get the 'Details' dialogue, showing location, price etc., but nothing in the body of the page where, I assume, the actual advertisement should be.

Turn off your ad-blocker, the classifieds site does not work properly with one enabled.

Thanks for the reply!

I looked at the classifieds section and clicked a few ads, both free and premium. Unfortunately, no matter how many I clicked, I didn't actually see any ads. I get the 'Details' dialogue, showing location, price etc., but nothing in the body of the page where, I assume, the actual advertisement should be. Perhaps there's something wrong with my computer. Also, I've never seen any ads from this site amongst google search results. I also forgot to mention that I DO NOT wish to hear from any opportunist blood-suckers agents.

i cant understand why you dont wont to use agents? , ok there are some cowboys out there, but the likes of sunbelt ct all promote properties up there, plus will have a databas of clients looking to buy? , and cn activily promote your property? , nd he end of the day, you dont pay untill you get a result!, trying to sell a property without agents can sometimes turn out more costly

"No offer will be considered valid until a non-refundable 10% deposit is received."

Dream on.

I wouldn't even give a bowl of noodle soup as a deposit in Thailand, let alone 10% of 7MB. Far too many crooks and thieves here.

For all a potential buyer knows you dont even own the property anyway. In fact, as it's a house, you (as a farang) surely don't own it.

If you want one that will show up in Google you might consider working it backwards. Do a search in Google for the keywords you'd like the house to show up for, check out the top 10 listings and see if they accept advertisements. Put your house on those 10 websites, they are the ones that will show up in Google.

"No offer will be considered valid until a non-refundable 10% deposit is received."

Dream on.

I wouldn't even give a bowl of noodle soup as a deposit in Thailand, let alone 10% of 7MB. Far too many crooks and thieves here.

For all a potential buyer knows you dont even own the property anyway. In fact, as it's a house, you (as a farang) surely don't own it.

How is that then?

In fact, as it's a house, you (as a farang) surely don't own it.

How is that then?

The nonsense of "own the house but not the land it's built on" is precisely that as far as I'm concerned: nonsense. And generally dreamed up by people trying to sell over-priced Thai property to the gullible.

As far as I'm concerned if my name isn't the only name on the chanote, it's not mine.

In fact, as it's a house, you (as a farang) surely don't own it.

How is that then?

The nonsense of "own the house but not the land it's built on" is precisely that as far as I'm concerned: nonsense. And generally dreamed up by people trying to sell over-priced Thai property to the gullible.

As far as I'm concerned if my name isn't the only name on the chanote, it's not mine.

Nothing more than your personal opinion then, thank god for that, i thought for a minute that there must have been a change in the law or something.

Nothing more than your personal opinion then, thank god for that, i thought for a minute that there must have been a change in the law or something.

The law is extremely clear. The only unclear thing is why farangs keep on trying to buy things that the law specifically says they cant own.

I'll stick to condos and cars, thanks. With my sole name on the documents, and 100% ownership.

Correction to original post... the first line should read 'I'm selling a house with land in Chiang Rai province.

I looked at the classifieds section and clicked a few ads, both free and premium. Unfortunately, no matter how many I clicked, I didn't actually see any ads. I get the 'Details' dialogue, showing location, price etc., but nothing in the body of the page where, I assume, the actual advertisement should be.

Turn off your ad-blocker, the classifieds site does not work properly with one enabled.

That's a shame!

Thanks for the reply!

i cant understand why you dont wont to use agents? , ok there are some cowboys out there, but the likes of sunbelt ct all promote properties up there, plus will have a databas of clients looking to buy? , and cn activily promote your property? , nd he end of the day, you dont pay untill you get a result!, trying to sell a property without agents can sometimes turn out more costly

Thanks for your suggestions, Boater. I had plenty of bad experiences with agents when we were looking for land to build the house on. It kind of puts me off of opportunists who want to make money from the sweat of others by doing as little as possible to get it.

I'm not at all 'up' on internet slang and abreviations. If you could give me some specific details of suggested trustworthy agents it would be appreciated; perhaps via the contact form on the site.

Dream on.

Thank you for your....'input', Darrel. Does that mean you don't know where to advertise for good Google results? So, pretty much a waste of time, then.

I can't imagine a "potential buyer" even considering buying something like this without first establishing that everything is above board.

In the light of your statement, "Far too many crooks and thieves here", who would consider an offer as valid 'without' a substantial deposit? Only once such an offer has been validated in this way could I not consider any sebsequent offers.

It's a shame you live with such a suspicious mind, Darrel. Enjoy your noodle soup and I hope you find some peace in this life.

If you want one that will show up in Google you might consider working it backwards. Do a search in Google for the keywords you'd like the house to show up for, check out the top 10 listings and see if they accept advertisements. Put your house on those 10 websites, they are the ones that will show up in Google.

Thanks, Danbradster, not an approach I'd considered; I'll look into it.

There's always adwords. If you're not sure about it, look it up.

Thanks, SteelePulse, I'll do that.

P.S. Excellent name... brings back memories of some outrageous nights in London in the late 70s early 80s...Mun!

The law is extremely clear. The only unclear thing is why farangs keep on trying to buy things that the law specifically says they cant own.

I'll stick to condos and cars, thanks. With my sole name on the documents, and 100% ownership.

Can you provide a link please to a document or something where the law speciffically says foreigners cannot own a house, that would make interesting reading for a lot of people for sure, or is this just your imagination personal opinion again.?

I suspect i know the answer to this question but i will wait and see what you come up with.

Can you provide a link please to a document or something where the law speciffically says foreigners cannot own a house, that would make interesting reading for a lot of people for sure, or is this just your imagination personal opinion again.?

I suspect i know the answer to this question but i will wait and see what you come up with.

I think you will find that nearly all the houses sold here are sold with the land they sit on. This is prohibited for farangs. Yet they keep on trying to do it, as I mentioned.

Rarely does one see an ad for a house on leased land. Just the endless company name nonsense.

Thank you for your....'input', Darrel. Does that mean you don't know where to advertise for good Google results? So, pretty much a waste of time, then.

Not really. It may have made someone think twice about the merits of paying out large deposits to people in foreign countries.

I can't imagine a "potential buyer" even considering buying something like this without first establishing that everything is above board.

Easier said that done, perhaps. It wouldnt be the first time that someone has been duped into paying a deposit for something the seller doesnt own.

With property here you only even really know if something is in order when the Land Office writes your name on the chanote. And of course that's the one thing they will never be doing if the chanote is for a house and the name happens to be foreign.

In the light of your statement, "Far too many crooks and thieves here", who would consider an offer as valid 'without' a substantial deposit? Only once such an offer has been validated in this way could I not consider any sebsequent offers.

So you expect to be deluged with buyers, do you? Hmm.

I dont quite see why a potential buyer should give you a huge non-refundable deposit when there is nothing stopping you from agreeing the price and completing the sale the same day, or the next morning at the latest.

It's a shame you live with such a suspicious mind, Darrel. Enjoy your noodle soup and I hope you find some peace in this life.

I have money in the bank and no Thai house to sell. Peace is not a problem for me, thanks.

As for being suspicious, you dont have to look very far to find someone who has been ripped off in a property deal here, usually closely followed by someone who wasnt ripped off but who regrets ever having got his cheque book out.

The number of dishonest people involved in real estate here is quite extraordinary. This isn't suspicion, it is fact.

Use google adwords, you can set a daily advertising budget as well as indicate keywords that trigger your ad. You can also target the ad for a specific area.

If you advertise in craigslist or thaivisa classifieds, you'll be lucky if anyone sees the ad, its over run by agents spamming.