Free Ride On Highway 7 Coming To An End

Rimmer

Free ride on Highway 7 coming to an end

PATTAYA: -- The free ride for drivers using the Pattaya-Chonburi Highway is coming to an end as the Department of Transportation announced plans to charge tolls in three places along the 58-kilometer expressway.

At an Oct. 17 meeting at Pattaya City Hall presided over by Deputy Mayor Ronakit Ekasingh, department consultant Sorn Pinaksornkul said three toll booths, one each at the Pattaya interchange near the Regent’s School, the Laem Chabang interchange and Bangpra interchange are expected to go into service within three years. The money collected will be used to pay off construction already begun to widen the highway and expand it in the port area.

Full story and pictures HERE

pattayamaillogo.png

-- Pattaya Mail 2011-11-05 footer_n.gif

There goes the short Trip from Pattaya to Rayong, back to using the 36 all the way. :whistling:

The way I read the report is that the Toll booth will be at the regents school,and for that it have to be past the intersection as there is a entrance from the 36 Road wich enters a few hundred meters past the Rayong exit..So coming from Pattaya it would still enable to take the exit to Rayong without passing the booth.

There goes the short Trip from Pattaya to Rayong, back to using the 36 all the way. :whistling:

The way I read the report is that the Toll booth will be at the regents school,and for that it have to be past the intersection as there is a entrance from the 36 Road wich enters a few hundred meters past the Rayong exit..So coming from Pattaya it would still enable to take the exit to Rayong without passing the booth.

If that's true, that would be oke, but I doubt it that they will leave that "escape route" open. Or maybe they couldn't be bothered. But wait and see what happens (as with everything here :lol:

luckily 36 to rayong is before regents school so i am still ok for my rat run home, the bike thing is still not exactly clear with just 1 small sign but i guess its coming. not exactly busy peice of motorway so common sence would have thought leaving free would have made sence, but still when did common sence come into things.