Schengen Visa Insurance

Hi

I am taking my Thai wife to Spain next month, I was on the understanding that she would only need a normal travel insurance due to been ion the UK on a settlement Visa. . Looking at a couple of threads, i am reading that people going into Europe need a schengen Visa Insurance. Can anyone tell me if this is correct. We have an appointment next week for the Visa application.

Regards

Malc

Many companies market generic travel insurance and call it Schengen Visa Insurance, probably at a premium.

Schengen countries specify a minimum level of cover, detailed on their websites, and other requiremenst, I'm pretty sure that normal bog standard travel insurance will meet the requirement.

Yes you need a "Schengen-Insurance". They are available for about 2'700.-Baht for 3 Month's. Thaivivat offers this. Check out the Travel Agency's they offer this service as well.

There is no such thing as a Schengen Visa Insurance.

However, you need a health insurance with a coverage of at least 1.5 million baht.

AIA has one valid for a year, costing around the 3300 baht range.

So does Bupa.

So does AXA, Vitaya, Asia, much more.

Prices vary considerably, so shop around

And forget the Schengen Visa Insurance.

Look in the website of the country you plan to go.....

There are sites that do offer the schengen visa insurance. (http://www.axa-schen...CFZJc4Qod7F4sAg)

The Spanish consulate web site doesn't offer much help in Requirements apart from the quote Travel Medical Insurance. (With repatriation clause).

Found another quote and a web site

Travel insurance including medical cover and repatriation is required when you apply for your Schengen visa (actual repatriation clause needs to be presented to the Consulate) . It must cover the duration of the requested visa - annual insurance may be required if you are requesting a multi-entry visa. The following Travel Insurance Companies. provide appropriate cover for your application.

regarding Country of Residence, that will be the UK now she is here on a Settlement visa!!! Malc

Yes you need a "Schengen-Insurance". They are available for about 2'700.-Baht for 3 Month's. Thaivivat offers this. Check out the Travel Agency's they offer this service as well.

There is no such thing as a Schengen Visa Insurance.

However, you need a health insurance with a coverage of at least 1.5 million baht.

AIA has one valid for a year, costing around the 3300 baht range.

So does Bupa.

So does AXA, Vitaya, Asia, much more.

Prices vary considerably, so shop around

And forget the Schengen Visa Insurance.

Look in the website of the country you plan to go.....

Edited by malct

Indeed, if the family member of an EU national and traveling with or to join said EU national then many of the Schengen requirements do not apply; travel insurance being one of them. The application form and guidance should make it clear what is needed and what isn't.

If you look at the Spanish consulate's site it first lists the requirements for family members of EU citizens and then the further requirements for everyone else.

The visa will be free, as well. Although many Schengen state embassies in London require you to make an appointment via a premium rate phone line!:bah:

These forms are still a pain.

got the insurance, But they ask for bank statements in my wife's Name.

We are doing everything in my wifes maiden name which complicates everything!!!

most companies ask that the person who needs to be insured, must have been in the UK for 3 months, My wife will have been in the UK for 10 weeks prior to the holiday,

Wished that i had decided to leave to later

Malc