Cheap Hotel Or Guest House By The Us Embassy

emstee22

I need to book a room close to the US embassy and am looking for some suggestions. I looked at some old posts but the options were a bit pricey. Im looking to spend as little money as possible, hopefully not more than 500 baht for a night. I don't need anything special or fancy, as long as its cheap and has a bed it will be fine for me. Any suggestions?

You are not going to find anything in the vicinity of the US embassy for THB 500 per night. The area around the embassy is probably the most expensive you will find in Bangkok. I reckon the cheapest place to stay thats within easy walking distance of the US embassy is Jim's Lodge in Soi Rumrudee (sic spelling), even there I guess you will be looking at THB 1,500 to THB 2,000 a night.

You might want to try googling for guest houses along Sukhumvit road around Soi's 4 to 8.

Edited by mallyrd

You are not going to find anything in the vicinity of the US embassy for THB 500 per night. The area around the embassy is probably the most expensive you will find in Bangkok. I reckon the cheapest place to stay thats within easy walking distance of the US embassy is Jim's Lodge in Soi Rumrudee (sic spelling), even there I guess you will be looking at THB 1,500 to THB 2,000 a night.

Ah, I see, thanks for the advice. Do you know how close the skytrain is to the embassy? Maybe I could stay somewhere cheap and close to the sky train and take it over, would that be a possibilty? And if that is possible, are the skytrains running with the flood?

sorry for all the questions, i appreciate the advice though!

Yes it's 10 minute walk from BTS Ploenchit

Go to either hostelbookers.com or hostelworld.com and you'll be able to find a private room that is close to a BTS stop for under 500 THB. There are of course other unlisted rooms (e.g. on soi 4) but by booking through these sites you can read reviews, see pictures and check availablity.

A lot of cheap places are filling up due to people escaping the floods.

If your primary objective is to save money this is much the best bet and the trip to the Embassy should take less than 30 minutes.

Oh and the BTS can continue to run even with 1.5 meters of water below it. Most of the Central Business District is expected to remain dry, so you can expect the BTS to keep running.

The subway is still running to all stations but some may stations in affected areas may be closed in coming days

Just walk down sukhumvit soi 4...there are several places for 600 baht a night. One is Happy Inn but there are several others.

Best bet would be a short taxi ride to embassy from there or if push to shove you could walk it in less than 30 mins.

There are a few along Sathorn Soi 1 area near the turn that goes up to the Main Satorn road. Around 500 - 600 THB. There is a 7/11 nearby.

There is also Malaysia Hotel in that same area, and it's about 700THB a night. These places are within walking distance to the U.S. Embassy, though you will have to cross Rama 4 to get to the side where the embassy is.

Assuming you are a US citizen and are going to use theembassy’s services, don’t forget to schedule an appointment online. If there’s a crowd, it makes all thedifference. With regard to cheap placesto stay, you might consider tracking a bus line that services that area…I.e.#76, follow it out a few kilometers where there are endless amounts of budgethotels and GH’s. PM me if you want asuggestion.

Ah, I see, thanks for the advice. Do you know how close the skytrain is to the embassy? Maybe I could stay somewhere cheap and close to the sky train and take it over, would that be a possibilty? And if that is possible, are the skytrains running with the flood?

sorry for all the questions, i appreciate the advice though!

A six to eight minute walk. or take bus no 62 from nana