Ps3 160 Gb

humpty

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a hardware jailbreak or a software one? I'm reading about how Sony releases new firmware that the newer games demand in order to play, so if I get a jailbroken model then I don't get to play the latest games?

I'd like to get one of these too, but the experience with a store-jailbroken Wii has left me pretty jaded about the whole thing. But then there's the region nonsense, and the inability to get legit games, and it's like there's no way to win here.

Just like 4 years ago the 360 vs PS3 decision still boils down to game preference, as RROD is a distant memory now. If you list the exclusives of both platforms, though, PS3 still has a few more decent ones that the 360 with more variety like Heavy Rain, Afrika, and the DC Universe online, for example. Comparing PSN with Live is a little harder; some people have excused the hack as PSN is free anyway, but Live still has a better selection of Indie games. The PS3 takes a bit more work to get MKV files playing but it's a better home media hosting device as any file can be copied over whereas although the 360 was set in this direction (to stream content) from the start they never built on it. Depends what you want to do, but you'd be fine just sticking with your xbox.

Unless I'm mistaken, Playstation Live works in Thailand, whereas XBox Live does not, correct? So while I can understand that XBox Live may be superior, if I have to engage in gameplay (which is notoriously sensitive to latency) via a proxy in the U.S., it loses whatever appeal it may have had.

Then too, if I go with the jailbreak solution, Playstation Live is off-limits, so that advantage, in that particular case, becomes moot.

It's a tremendously complex decision. I know about XBox 360's exclusive, Halo, and Gears of War is from EPIC which did Unreal Tournament and which I use to have great loyalty too (until they reneged on their promise to bring UT3 to Linux and Mac), so there's that. But then I hear great things about the Uncharted series too, and why not try something different?

And then there's reason #1 why I want to get a HD console in the first place: GTA IV! Supposedly the PC port sucks. Reason #2 is R.A.G.E. Reason #3 is I'm set to move into a new condo that comes equipped with not one but two HDTV's, and I'm not going to subscribe to Truevisions as long as they plaster those ads all over the screen, and I'm too much of a geek to let them go to waste.

But what really spooks me is this region business. I am constantly getting burned by this, first on DVD's, then on the Wii games. I totally get it why people pirate this stuff, it's absolutely maddening if you've got the U.S. credit card but you don't live in the U.S. And don't even get me started on Blizzard and what it took for me to get World of Warcraft running, OMG!

There's a lot to like about Steam. Really, the decision comes down to this: I either get a PS3 and the games I want at the same time, or I install Boot Camp on my Macbook Pro, give up half of my HD to Windows, hook it up to the HDTV and just play Steam/Blizzard games and deal with the crappy GTA IV port.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want i can sell you my Jailbroken PS3 160gb, as im looking to buy non jailbreak PS3, Bored of playing games myself its time for online competition

Now I'm confused. I was under the impression that it was simple to un-jailbreak a PS3. Just apply the latest firmware.

It is easy you just pull out the USB jailbreak stick and update to the newest firmware (note that you can't undo this; yet)

Edited by dave111223

If you want i can sell you my Jailbroken PS3 160gb, as im looking to buy non jailbreak PS3, Bored of playing games myself its time for online competition

Now I'm confused. I was under the impression that it was simple to un-jailbreak a PS3. Just apply the latest firmware.

there is no jailbreak USB on my PS3 i bought my PS3 at MBK , i asked the guy after 2 month of using it telling him that i want to unjailbreak it , he said impossible, now im confused.

can i just update my firmware from Sony ? i want to play original games not copy :(

• 2 weeks later...

How much you are asking for your PS3?

i am sure He can ask for same or more then the original price of a new ps3 in average shops in thailand

Since jail-broken ps3s are not available anymore because new firmwares cant be jail-broken anymore

Hi im selling my Jailbreak PS3 11000 Thai Baht This include 2 original wireless control

1x PS3 Slim Consol (160GB) 3.55 Firmware

1x HDMI Cable

2x Original Dual Shock 3 Sony Control

1x Power Adapter

1x USD Cable

Pre loaded games around 7 games .

or wiling to listen to any offer

Edited by ManOnTheRoad

• 2 months later...